Razer Forge TV - Qualcomm Snapdragon 805

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know, is it a gaming device or is it a media player...
    But I place this thread at the media player section

Razer has officially introduced a $100 game console, a virtual reality headset, and new peripherals today at CES.

RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

It's both a gaming device and a tv player. The gamepad is optional. It has a good price considering that Snapdragon 805 is a great SoC. For me is a bye bye to RK3288 or alllwinner "cheater" a80

Comment

I know, it's both, but I had to decide where to place it, and I decide to place it at the Android TV Player sub-forum and not at the gaming-devices
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

specs battle...

I wonder how the processor benchmarks will compare to the s802/s812 chips and rk3288 of course (antutu cpu #)

Also how the gpus rank: mali 450 (600mhz)vs the adreno 420 in the razor... from what I see. only ONE usb port.. you may need a usb 3.0 hub if you need more than one

If it outclasses boxes like the minix neo 8x-h plus and tronsmart draco/ allwinner boxes.. it will be a new spec bump!
        Also, the MSRP is targeted at $99.. not $120 $ 160 currently charged by many 16gb boxes... with or without gigbit Ethernet or 802.11ac or usb 3.0

Comment

If AnTuTu then 'AnTuTu X'...

GPU:
          Mali 450 (MP6) = 53.8 GFlops
          PowerVR G6230 = 68.0 GFlops
          Mali 450 (MP8) = 71.7 GFlops
          Mali 764 (MP4) = 81.6 GFlops
          Adreno 420 = 144 - 172.8 GFlops
          Tegra K1 = 326.4 GFlops

But I have to say, I'm not sure if this values are right, because the A80 is definitely faster than the S802/S812 and also a little bit then the RK3288 at GPU.
          Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Also have a look at
          The Nexus 9 has launched with the first 64-bit NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor. We look at how the SoC compares to the current market leaders.

Last but not least, USB 3.0 is nice but normally USB 2.0 is enough (so the HUB is much smaller and cheaper)...
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Definitely, for the price and with these specs I'm IN for the Razer Forge TV

Even though I'm far from being a hardcore gamer, the potential of this box is way ahead from most , if not all, of the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by acki View Post
              Definitely, for the price and with these specs I'm IN for the Razer Forge TV
              ... the potential of this box is way ahead from most , if not all, of the competition.
              Yep.
              I may be selling my Drako to buy this. The Drako has potential but has to many things that are not working properly, and Tronsmart are pathetic.

Mark
              Out: USB audio, HDMI
              In: Logitech K400 keyboards

Comment

box is only as good as the manufacture firmware support and comunity. but for the price seems like a winnder
                Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                  box is only as good as the manufacture firmware support and comunity. but for the price seems like a winnder
                  +1

Comment

Originally posted by dlangejc View Post
                    +1
                    Though I see it has only ONE USB slot!!!
                    And NO SD Card Slot!!!

sheesh, so you cannot use a USB wireless keyboard AND have storage expansion... what a major disappointment, hell it seems none of these vendors can actually make a device with all the right ingredients.

Comment

Originally posted by fredphoesh View Post
                      And NO SD Card Slot!!!

sheesh, so you cannot use a USB wireless keyboard AND have storage expansion... what a major disappointment, hell it seems none of these vendors can actually make a device with all the right ingredients.
                      An inexpensive USB hub should solve that.

Comment

Originally posted by fredphoesh View Post
                        And NO SD Card Slot!!!

And OTA updates should solve the missing SDCard slot for updates.
                        Sounds like internal storage is limited.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisG8 View Post
                          An inexpensive USB hub should solve that.
                          hmm, messy and error prone... I am not a fan of usb hubs, so many I have used are erratic, putting games and other big apps on a memory stick at the end of a usb hub is not very elegant, I'd way prefer a SD card slot... oh well.

Comment

Working...
                          X