Himedia Q5 Quad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Himedia Q5 Quad

I'm quite surprised to see that this model doesn't get much "love" around here.
    It looks great on paper with it's BluRay ISO support, 3D BD ISO, 7.1 downmix&passthrough, USB 3.0, Gigabit Lan and external SATA.
    Did anyone test it?
    A full presentation here.

I own this one for 8 months. This is my third Himedia Android tv box. The best Android media player i've ever seen in term of playing performance. The only in the market one which is comparable to conventional media players like Dune HD. Image quality is excellent. But you cannot find any custom rom for this also the device is not rooted but you can root the English version. Antutu score is about 22000. It's not a device for Antutu fans but for videophiles. It can play every video and sound formats (3D ISO, DTSHD, Dolby TrueHD etc). You cannot use Kodi or any other software (performance is not good). You should use the stock player for everything. Otherwise performance any image quality will not be same.

I can answer, if you have any questions about the device.

Comment

I also have it, latest firmware 1.07 still do not fix unable to play some mkv files, overall these is the best player that can play MTS files right from the folder without the need to look for index file and it can insert external subtitles for bluray ISO and MTS file
      Tronsmart MK908 Since 2013
      Himedia Q5 III Since 2014

Comment

I like Q10IV box (same but with HDD inside). It plays smoothly everything for me. For now I've found the only problem with stuttering panoramic videos at YouTube (may be GPU works not correctly with it). Problem solved by installation of Viral and disabeling of GPU acceleration.

Comment

Working...
        X