Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GK802-Anyone here check this one out yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GK802-Anyone here check this one out yet?

Site says over 500 sold. Wonder if anyone here bought one yet. It's quadcore but seems like it's shipping with Ice Cream Sandwich. No mention of heat sinks on it. Price is a bit high on it.

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Unii-GK802-Fresscale-i-MX6-Quad-Dure-Cortex-A9-DDR3-1GB-RAM-8GB-ROM-TV-Box-Dongle----Black-312807.html

JustinL42
    Last edited by JustinL42; 12-23-2012, 07:56. Reason: Spelling:)

I have one! Geekbuying sent me one to work with. I will be messing around with it soon.

Freescale even though quad core, it's not that fast as you would expect. Also no hardware acceleration that I can see. 2dark4u is also getting one. We will see if we can make is shine. JB as of today cannot make use of quad core so to get the most from it 4.2 maybe needed.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Review here from xda posted by the guy from armvtech. Thanks finless for the input.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2044045

JustinL42

Comment

I've the Hi802,and i've installed the Gk802 fw!So is perfectly compatible.
        Hope u can make your magic on this piece of hw!
        Marry Christmas!

Comment

Im be interested if the wifi had a decent range like a normal wifi device

Comment

It's gonna need a whole bunch of firmware magic

I just got mine yesterday and was impressed at first because it automatically recognized my physical keyboard and disabled that damnable touchscreen keyboard. Also the Chinese apps could be uninstalled.

As I continued to experiment with it today, my mood has totally soured. First of all, the Antutu Benchmarks won't install. Secondly 3D graphics performance SUCKS! I tried playing GTA-3 which worked quite well on my MK808 (Rockchip 3066, Quad Mali 400) and it was terrible/unplayable.

Geekbuying mentions updated firmware but provides no links. WTF?

I hope Finless Bob or somebody can fix the 3D performance, cuz it should be way better. Open GL update?

As it is, out of the box, this HDMI Stick isn't worth half the money it costs.

Comment

I've been collecting software for both the MK808 and GK802
              Ordered both, one from **** and the GK802 from geekbuying
              I'll test both out of the box . Then start rooting. Seems things
              are going fast with developments on both. Reminds me of the
              satellite boxes I used to test with 3rd party OS's.
              I'll write about the outcomes.

Comment

Hoping mine will arrive tomorrow - being lent to me :P (yes -> am being cheap! It's January afterall!)
                www.minitvstick.com
                Sticking it to the Big PC!

Comment

lol guess I jumped on the android minicomputers full force ... bought one of these today to load with ubuntu

I was looking for a minicomputer with wifi and bluetooth that would support a webcam ect after getting hooked on the imito mx1 i bought for a tv stick and seeing the possibilites it would have with a linux os on it for a project I have in mind but unfortunatle imito dosent want to cooperate on the web cam app so I grabbed this one to use.Love the actual mico sd card inside feature which gives me the option of expanding the memory. Sorry but I cant bring myself to call it 'ROM" when it is not and I wanted at least 16 gigs of memory in a small form factor for what Im doing .......

I have already grabbed several roms to test as well as ubuntu . Now to see if I can find a way to hook up the wireless modem from the laptop to it and make ET call home .....

Comment

hi people,
                    I couldn't decide.
                    which one should I take: mk802 III(1.6 dual core) or gk802(1.2 quad core).
                    I usually play 3D android game (NOVA 2 , NOVA 3 etc.) and surfing on the web.
                    Finally,I need advice for keyboard .
                    RC 11 , RC 12 , mele F10.
                    Which model is easier to use and stable for the games.I think,gyroscope models are not useful.
                    thnx for replies

Comment

Originally posted by enginckc View Post
                      hi people,
                      I couldn't decide.
                      which one should I take: mk802 III(1.6 dual core) or gk802(1.2 quad core).
                      I usually play 3D android game (NOVA 2 , NOVA 3 etc.) and surfing on the web.
                      Finally,I need advice for keyboard .
                      RC 11 , RC 12 , mele F10.
                      Which model is easier to use and stable for the games.I think,gyroscope models are not useful.
                      thnx for replies
                      You might want to wait for the MK802 IV to come out next month. It's quad-core @ 1.8 Ghz and has better 3d performance.

I've heard good things about the Logitech K400 keyboard/track pad.

Comment

Originally posted by Castaa View Post
                        You might want to wait for the MK802 IV to come out next month. It's quad-core @ 1.8 Ghz and has better 3d performance.

I've heard good things about the Logitech K400 keyboard/track pad.
                        thanks,I can wait for 4x1.8
                        and keyboard is nice

Comment

Working...
                        X