Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uHost2/Probox2 & remote control - Full review - Androidpc.es

Hi!

You can check here our review about Smallart uHost2 (RK3066)

The only one TVStick in the market you can turn ON with the remote control (and is not IR)

Best regards!

Last edited by Naismith; 01-23-2013, 11:11.
    Androidpc.es - The largest library of independent reviews about AndroidPC

Originally posted by Naismith View Post
    The only one TVStick in the market you can turn ON with the remote control (and is not IR)
    The only one TVStick in the market you can't use for movies or video because of the out-of-sync audio-video when we use it in hardware mode (local-samba-cifs), even with the native-oem android video.apk (and no, mxplayer can't do it in HW mode either.)

So buyers, you have been warned.

It should be solved on a future JellyBean firmware but as of January 21 2013, this stick is still on ICS 4.0.4

in fact, I flashed mine to Mk808b as a work around.

Comment

Originally posted by smog View Post
      The only one TVStick in the market you can't use for movies or video because of the out-of-sync audio-video when we use it in hardware mode (local-samba-cifs), even with the native-oem android video.apk (and no, mxplayer can't do it in HW mode either.)

So buyers, you have been warned.

It should be solved on a future JellyBean firmware but as of January 21 2013, this stick is still on ICS 4.0.4

in fact, I flashed mine to Mk808b as a work around.

Good to make this advice, thanks.

I will check this error in my unit.
      In the local videos works fine.

We are waiting the new firmware.. smallart would need to make a release soon.
      At this moment uhost 2 dont have good firmware support, that's the truth.

Smallart should support "Finless" or something...its a shame, the hardware is ok in some points.

Comment

We are waiting the new firmware.. smallart would need to make a release soon.
        At this moment uhost 2 dont have good firmware support, that's the truth.
        my experience : if the firmware is not already released, it is non-existent.

we should NEVER hold our breath on promises of a future upgrade from Chinese manufacturing companies.

So, NEVER buy on promises; get a tv stick that is already upgraded to JB and with the bugs worked out of the firmware and with community maintained or 3rd party firmware released for it.

Comment

Originally posted by smog View Post
          my experience : if the firmware is not already released, it is non-existent.

we should NEVER hold our breath on promises of a future upgrade from Chinese manufacturing companies.

So, NEVER buy on promises; get a tv stick that is already upgraded to JB and with the bugs worked out of the firmware and with community maintained or 3rd party firmware released for it.
          Yes this is common sense, you can use this sentence in any electronic device... chinese for sure... but in others devices too. See the mobile phone sector for example.

Minix and Rikomagic have a decent firmware support... and are chinese.

By the way... i will make a test with the streaming in my unit, and then i will expose here the results.
          Streaming is a complicated scenario, sometimes our router makes a bad work...
          Thanks for the comments, UHOST 2 has very few users and is hard to find these notes.

Smallart not had a very good business strategy ... late and with little support.
          Fortunately there are many alternatives in the market.

You say... your are using a MK808B rom in the uHost2 now?

Best regards

Comment

You say... your are using a MK808B rom in the uHost2 now?
            yes : http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?3198

Comment

Working...
            X