HiMedia Q5 Android Media Player Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tatubias View Post
    Picaye: are you shure this are the exact steps?

shouldnt be conneted thought usb?

abd of the device was able to accept connections using wifi or Ethernet connection?
    It worked for me. Laptop and device on same network. Noted down the ip address of the device first and then opened a command window and executed the commands via ethernet (well wifi should work just fine)

Comment

Re: HiMedia Q5 Android Media Player Review

Originally posted by picaye View Post
      It worked for me. Laptop and device on same network. Noted down the ip address of the device first and then opened a command window and executed the commands via ethernet (well wifi should work just fine)
      thank you very much good to know that adb is configured to accept confections from Wi-Fi and Ethernet.

how good is the device?

does netflix works.
      does xbmc works?

Sent from my MOMO11 四核 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

thank you very much good to know that adb is configured to accept confections from Wi-Fi and Ethernet.

how good is the device?

does netflix works.
        does xbmc works?
        xbmc works. netflix i guess so - but i dont live in the US - so dont have it. I tested Zattoo with a Swiss VPN Server. Worked fine.
        I also have tv stick and this q5 device is way better. I have it connected via NFS to my synology diskstation (via ethernet) and videos fast forwarding in 4gb files is INSTANT - very impressive actually. Apple Airplay is also working very nicely. With the optical-out plus hdmi nothing to be desired in terms of audio quality.

Comment

Re: HiMedia Q5 Android Media Player Review

Originally posted by picaye View Post
          xbmc works. netflix i guess so - but i dont live in the US - so dont have it. I tested Zattoo with a Swiss VPN Server. Worked fine.
          I also have tv stick and this q5 device is way better. I have it connected via NFS to my synology diskstation (via ethernet) and videos fast forwarding in 4gb files is INSTANT - very impressive actually. Apple Airplay is also working very nicely. With the optical-out plus hdmi nothing to be desired in terms of audio quality.
          does xbmc plays 720 and 1080p movies with out frame skipping?

the q4 tv stick has other cpu that does not support 3ď also netflix does not work, but has excelent support of movies playback.

Comment

does xbmc plays 720 and 1080p movies with out frame skipping?

the q4 tv stick has other cpu that does not support 3ď also netflix does not work, but has excelent support of movies playback.

i tried 720 over samba on xbmc. smooth
            1080 had some issues - but i believe it's samba related. had some issue connecting my nfs into xbmc.

1080 working fine via the internal file manager (and connected nfs to the file manager)

Comment

i know this is and old thread but i have aquestion for anyone who can help.

this Q series is android and there are a couple of programs on the box you cannot find anywhere HITV AND IT'S LIVE TV COUNTERPART

i was wondering if it is possible to extract these apks to install on other android systems?

thx.

Comment

another thing to add would be, is it possible to install this firmware on another android stick? that would be only if i couldn't get the other sofware .

Comment

anyone?

Comment

HD media smartv MK902

Morning people

Somebody have the MK902 ( rikomagic) HD media smartTV??

I'm waiting for recept my new MK902-16gb (*) , and too buy the keyboard Genuine Rii mini i6 IR, that seem to me an good mouse/key/comand for several devices ( specifications said). not only has osciloscopic, right?
                    somebody have one, to coment ???
                    Somebody know if (*) MK 902 -16gb has RK3188 ou RK3188T ( RK3188 standard=1,6ghz | underclock room vendor=1,4 ghz {RK3188T} for more stability!
                    On some foruns Neomod show the blacklist devices RK3188 with "T" - ( the Rikomagic MK902-16Gb showed RK3188 )
                    some chips show upside face the logo Rk3188T, but other show only RK3188 and came from vendor with ~1,4ghz frequency .

What you think about...

Comment

FAQ

Q:What is HiControl?

A: HiControl is an App developed by HiMedia.With this App,your Android smart-phone can be transformed to Touch-screen and Remote-controller for HiMedia smart TV box.Take control on your Android smart-phone while the action unfolds on your widescreen TV. With the Gravity Sensing of your smart phone, you even can play games such as Crazy Snow Ball on your HDTV.

Q:What is HiShare?
                      A:HiShare is an App developed by HiMedia.It can let you wirelessly share media file(video/audio/photo) from your Android smart-phone or pad to your HDTV via HiMedia smart TV box.

Q:Does Q5 support AirPlay functions?
                      A:Yes.AirPlay lets you wirelessly stream content from your iPhone,iPad or iPod touch to your HDTV via the Q5 smart TV box. More detail about AirPlay please check www.apple.com/airplay. (The Q5 support music,photo and video share).

Q:Does Q5 support DOLBY and DTS?
                      A:Yes, Q5 supports DOLBY and DTS very well.

HiControl
                      2012-11-24

HiContol: It is an App developed by HiMedia.With this App,your Android smart-phone can be transformed to Touch-screen and Remote-controller for HiMedia smart TV box.Take control on your Android smart-phone while the action unfolds on your widescreen TV. With the Gravity Sensing of your smart phone, you even can play games such as Crazy Snow Ball on your HDTV. Use your Android smart-phone to download the HiContorl app from http://apk.hinavi.cn/en.html now.

HiShare:It is an App developed by HiMedia.It can let you wirelessly share media file(video/audio/photo) from your Android smart-phone or pad to your HDTV via HiMedia smart TV box. Use your Android smart-phone to download the HiShare app from http://apk.hinavi.cn/en.html now.
                      Hi, I am new to this forum. I got an Himedia Q5 model Q5.2000, downloaded and installed Hicontrol2 on my Samsung Note 2 from the url given above. I have my Note 2 and the Himedia Q5 ip addresses on the same Wireless Lan subnet. But when i open the Hicontrol app, it fails to dectect the Himedia device. Can someone help to advise how to solve this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by tonygts View Post

Hi, I am new to this forum. I got an Himedia Q5 model Q5.2000, downloaded and installed Hicontrol2 on my Samsung Note 2 from the url given above. I have my Note 2 and the Himedia Q5 ip addresses on the same Wireless Lan subnet. But when i open the Hicontrol app, it fails to dectect the Himedia device. Can someone help to advise how to solve this problem.
                        The model should be Q5.2001,
                        Android version 4.03
                        Kernel version: 3.0.8_hisilicon
                        Build number: HWD-1.1.1 2012-12-27.202243

Comment

Working...
                        X