True 1080p ROM with CWM Recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True 1080p ROM with CWM Recovery

I am not sure why everyone thinks the Uhost2 is true HD because it's not. You can check by installing XBMC and checking system stats. It will show its 720p.

This is a true 1080p rom. I have set the DPI to 240 so the text isn't to small. But it is running at 1080p

At the moment I haven't worked out how to make a CWM.zip installer or how to make the update.img that will flash with RKBatchTool.

So what I have done for now is made a CWM backup and copied that.

So to be able to install this you will need to install CWM. But I have included everything you need in the zip file.

To install the ROM you need to:
    1. Uzip U2-1080.zip and place the contents onto your SD card.
    2. Make sure the "clockworkmod" folder is placed on the root of the SD Card (not inside another folder)
    3. Install all 3 apk's from the "Needed Apps" folder.
    4. Open the Explorer (that you just installed) and copy "flash_image" and "recovery.img" from the SD to /dev on the device (the external SD will show up under /mnt)
    5. Open the Terminal app and type SU then enter.
    6. Then type these commands into the Terminal.

Code:
      chmod 755 /dev/flash_image
      /dev/flash_image recovery /dev/recovery.img
    7. Once done you should see a message saying something like "Recovery Flashed".
    8. Now open Quick Reboot and select recovery.
    9. Once in CWM recovery (you need a USB mouse to work it) select "Backup and Restore" and pick "Restore from external SD". The backup is called "U2-1080"
    10. Once the backup is restored reboot device.

VERY IMPORTANT: CWM will ask "ROM may flash stock recovery on boot. FIX?" when rebooting. Make sure you select "NO".
    11. When first booting the device it will get stuck at the Google TV logo. Just unplug the Uhost2 then plug it back in. It will reboot fine after that.
    12. If the Probox2 bootscreen stays on longer then 3 minutes (this has only happened to me once), pull the power cable and reboot.

Download:
    U2-1080-V3.1.zip - 363.87 MB

Please post feedback on bugs etc.

Screenshots:

Last edited by pinguy; 04-01-2013, 15:18.

V3 is out. This will be the last update for awhile.

1. init.d Support
    2. Various Speed Improvement to the build.prob and Init.rc
    3. Added ffmpeg for support of more Video CodecĀ“s
    4. Support for XBox Controller
    5. Support for Streaming from Linux
    6. Fix wifi connect issues.
    7.Updated the firmware to 30205.

Comment

HI

I try to follow your instruction, i am stuck at step 6, but when i type the commands,it said
      wrote recovery partition.

what's the problem.?
      Looking for developers
      http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

hmmm,anyway,i just go ahead, and do step 7, 8 and finally, the system upgrade seems succesfully.

but after reboot, the system become slow, it is real 1080p now, but it is slow. how was it?
        Looking for developers
        http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

ROM KANGER!

I downloaded this and took it apart.

Not only have you used boot.img and init scripts from Neomode's Probox2 ROM, and you gave no credit! You may have got it from W2comp but this is Ray's ROM. Please... learn to give credit when you take someone else's work! I think Ray will PM you on the side to discuss this topic.

You also added a PAID APP... which is illegal!

I am deleting your download link.
          We cannot allow links to copyrighted material!

Please work with the freaktab team for ROMs to understand the rules and posting ROMS with illegal APPS in them that violate copyright laws (root explorer)!

Sorry... I see your a new ROM Dev, and all that is cool and everything but you must understand the rules and not violate copyrights! You must also learn to give credit to original ROM makers before you claim a ROM as all your original work which it is not. Otherwise your just a Kanger with no added value other than sticking APPs in the ROM.

Sorry to be so harsh but we work here on freaktab to maintain rules and laws. If your going to post a ROM you made here, you have to follow LAWS as a first respect. 2nd respects is to not use other peoples work without asking, and then give credits when you do. This is common practice when making ROMs.

Ray

Comment

Working...
          X