No announcement yet.

Nvidia Shield TV Box need Feedback Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I have both, the Shield and MSI Cubi, which is a super Mini barebone PC with Broadwell Pentium on board.I paid 130 for it brand new, Msata SSD and memory added another $60 to it, so for less than $200 you are getting very powerful, quiet and small htps that you can run any Windows or Linux on. At the same time I love the Shield, for me its an amazing device that does everything in the Android world.

Comment

What was the model Broadwell, 05 or the 25..

Quote from some place
      Thanks to Hyper-Threading, the Pentium 3825U is about 20 - 25 percent faster in multi-thread applications than the identically clocked 3805U (same single-thread performance). Overall, the 3825U matches the Haswell-based Core i3-4158U or i3-4120U. Thus, the CPU has sufficient power for office and multimedia purposes as well as multitasking.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Looking at the BEEBOX now at the CUBI both interesting
        Getting the better to AU for a reasonable price is the problem,
        CPUBoss.
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin1980 View Post
          I confirm, for the price, it is the best, but it is too focused on games, for me.

Also, I forestay curious to test the shield tv.

what I would like is a multi platform solution ( windows + android + ...)

I am hesitating between :

Mini pc ( dual os, windows & android) with cherry trail z8500

or

Mini pc skylake intel ( i3 or i5 ), to be quiet, with bluestacks/amiduos or Astoria project & Islandwood, if the project is still current.

Pardon me, if I, misspoke.
          The two options you mentioned are both great for H264 videos as the intel excells in this area but bear in mind that they both cant do H265 (HEVC) in 10bit
          Which started to show up on the web especially In forms of TV episodes Like dare devil 4k 10bit , so if you are purchasing now you better purchase something
          That can handle 4k Hevc 10bit @ 60Hz , currently the only 3 options for this are.

1-Nvidia SHield
          2-Rk3288
          3-Nvidia Geforce 960 or 950 GTX pc card.

As Rk3288 have issues and Building an HTPC equipped with the above 960gtx will be expensive , the best choice (In my openion) remains the shield TV.

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
            What was the model Broadwell, 05 or the 25..

Quote from some place
            Thanks to Hyper-Threading, the Pentium 3825U is about 20 - 25 percent faster in multi-thread applications than the identically clocked 3805U (same single-thread performance). Overall, the 3825U matches the Haswell-based Core i3-4158U or i3-4120U. Thus, the CPU has sufficient power for office and multimedia purposes as well as multitasking.
            Mine is with 3805, but even the lower unit with its Celeron is great, that last generation Intel HD Graphics is about 30-40% better than the least generation, which I have on my HP StreamMini Haswell based htpc. For KODI and light gaming, the Cubi is perfect, BTW it can run CS GO at 720p with average fps above 40, where the older HP StreamMini can only in the mid 20's.

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin1980 View Post
              I confirm, for the price, it is the best, but it is too focused on games, for me.

Also, I forestay curious to test the shield tv.

what I would like is a multi platform solution ( windows + android + ...)

I am hesitating between :

Mini pc ( dual os, windows & android) with cherry trail z8500

or

Mini pc skylake intel ( i3 or i5 ), to be quiet, with bluestacks/amiduos or Astoria project & Islandwood, if the project is still current.

Pardon me, if I, misspoke.
              I have a Laptop. An i7 Quad Core with 8GB of RAM, I think it has an Integrated Intel 4000 Graphics chip.

It runs Kodi better than any Android Box I tested. It can't handle Youtube 4K at 60fps though, my TV can handle YouTube 4K with it's built in YouTube App.

I ordered the Shield because of the selection of Android streaming apps too. The apps I mentioned on post #5 make it so easy to navigate and stream what you want. On a PC you need to go to web sites to stream and makes the experience not so great for navigating and streaming what you want.

Still waiting for the Shield TV. So far every Android Box I tested has disappointed me though.

Comment

the china mini pc market is in trouble i just got a shield too during the black friday $100 discount so i paid less than the most expecieve china mini pc they need to ajust the price as i will be getting only shields for my clients if they have the budget for it! all they way around its just so powerfull! i have the hph 4/32 but it cant compete plus the firmware has a long way to go to keep up with nvidia! turn all of the settings up on psp emulator and it runs smooth it like getting a new game as its much better looking still over 30 fps!
                Minix neo x7 custom quickshot V3.1 kitkat with cpu1700 video stock and oc ram 720 kernal
                HTC Amaze 4g unofficial cyanogen mod 11 KitKat 4.4.4
                ASUS Nexus 7 (original 2012 tegra 3) Cyanogen mod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2

Comment

Working...
                X