Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTT TV BOX 4x Android TV player disables use of host TV

Hi all,

I've been bought a OTT TV BOX 4x Android TV player, and a friend updated it today, and showed me how it works on his TV. Unfortunately, when I connect it to my TV via HDMI, it disables all use of my TV. I've tested it on another TV and it works fine, but just not on the TV I actually want to use it on. The TV is an LG LCD TV if that makes any difference. Has anybody else had this problem?

What do you mean by Disable? Tv Doesnt power on (remote function not working,etc)

Although You Can Try Disabling HDMI-CEC and it might help or it might not

Can you give a more Detailed description of your problem

Comment

If you know how to edit your build.prop you can try adding these lines to your build.prop

You Will need root access (Typically on most of these units i have noticed installing supersu from google play is all thats needed, but I may be wrong about your unit)

ro.platform.has.cvbsmode=false
      ro.platform.hdmionly=true
      ro.platform.has.cecmode=false

But make sure you only want to use hdmi

Comment

Hi Nick314, thanks for your reply. By 'disable' I mean that I cannot use the remote control for the TV at all, this not being able to switch the input source to HDMI from DTV. Neither do the buttons on the side of the TV work, so I can't even cheat it that way.

The TV doesn't switch off, I just can't use it at all. It's just that TV, and not the other ones in the house that doesn't like the connection to the box.
        Last edited by Carder123; 01-05-2016, 18:32.

Comment

All sorted!

I figured out a workaround, so if anyone out there is Googling this issue, you know how to solve the problem. Buy yourself an HDMI switcher! Putting a junction in between the TV and the OTT TV Box and the TV's HDMI port gets rid of any conflict. Job done!

Comment

I have the same unit and the tooth pick trick dosenot work in trying to out into boot/recovery mode. There is a button underneath instead but don't know the sequence

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X