Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Droibox Ace, ODROID-X2, U2, or Wandboardor anyone have one ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Droibox Ace, ODROID-X2, U2, or Wandboardor anyone have one ?

Im looking at the 'Droibox Ace' type layout and want to know if anyone has one and or experience with any of the above, id be interested in some antutu results and any info

Also a peak inside looking at the ports at the back seems to be spread out more than tv sticks which is what Im after, ideally a quad core unit but not a TV stick they are too confined and get too warm, I have a mk808(3066 dual core) and a mk908 (3188 quad core) at present.

Thanks
    Rich

Hardkernell just launch a presell on Octo Core

ODROID-XU

The world’s first big.LITTLE architecture based bare-board computer.
    • Exynos5 Octa Cortex™-A15 1.6Ghz quad core and Cortex™-A7 quad core CPUs
    • PowerVR SGX544MP3 GPU (OpenGL ES 2.0, OpenGL ES 1.1 and OpenCL 1.1 EP)
    • 2Gbyte LPDDR3 RAM PoP
    • USB 3.0 Host x 1, USB 3.0 OTG x 1, USB 2.0 Host x 4
    • HDMI 1.4a output Type-D connector
    • eMMC 4.5 Flash Storage

144$ presell until end of august

Comment

Ok I now have a ODROID U2

For anyone else considering one or interested....

First impressions,

Heat is well taken care of with the heatsink frame unlike the other quad core android TV players like mk908 etc..

Speed seems to be good, running Linux or Android its slick and responsive with a class (10) micro SD, it not got built in flash mem so you have the option to use an emmc or microSD mine didnt come with a emmc so I used a 8gb microSD which I had lying about however this was class (2) and made it really slow on everything it would stutter then be 10 button presses behind etc, soon as I went to the shop and got the card (10) microSD it was fine and zoomed along, Now Ive read the emmc is 200% faster than the microSD and there are different roms for either too.

As stock it didnt come with google play as its wasn't allowed to be shipped with it, Then I found out it had slideMe in its place which was missing a lot of apps and adding google play isnt as simple as adding an apk, there were all sorts of steps!!! in the end luckily someone has produced a rom with it in and that works.

Theres no built in Wifi and mine didnt have an adapter with it but thats fine for me as I have network cable where its sat which works fine.

And finally the only issue I have is the screen doesnt fit the TV the samsung chip apparently has very limited capabilities for display and one issue its the overscan the image is missing several pixels all the way around, people say you can fix it if your tv and adjust in the settings however I have 2 TVs and one is brandnew and neither can fix it thers no picture settings in HDMI input mode.

So theres you have it.

Comment

I am currently looking for a board or mini comp to use as HTPC and also some games. ODROID-xu is on my list.

I was wondering how you got on with it? Do you use XBMC? Does it work well for 1080p playback?

Comment

Just realised you said you got the U2 not the XU.

I have the same questions though for the U2!

Comment

ODROID U2

Originally posted by griddy View Post
            I am currently looking for a board or mini comp to use as HTPC and also some games. ODROID-xu is on my list.

I was wondering how you got on with it? Do you use XBMC? Does it work well for 1080p playback?
            Regarding the ODROID-U2

I dont use XBMC, Im sure it runs fine one of the offical video is the U2 running XBMC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3v0ydCG2yU#t=12

Also the U2 comes 1080 as default but I had to change mine to 720 as the TV I use it with doesnt do 1080.

Remember you can always install linux on another SD card for a better browser (flash support), programs and XBMC, then swap them as you wish (the SD or emmc is used as the boot image theres no ROM on the U2)

Comment

Thanks

Sent from my Note8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X