Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August DVB500 build 1.0.1.20160725 (android with HD tuner built in)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August DVB500 build 1.0.1.20160725 (android with HD tuner built in)

Anyone got one of these or know of them any custom firmware or anything. Is is only running android 4.4.2 and also has a HD TV tuner built in optical out and AV out cheers

Hi ,

here you can download the latest Stock Firmware Build 1.0.3

Development and Supply Portable TV, TV Aerials, Bluetooth Audio Products, DAB Radios, Freeview Receivers, IoT Telehealth and Remote Patient Monitoring Watch

good Luck

gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

i send you a Message with a link for Build 1.0.3

did you receive it ???

nice Day

gefattern

Comment

Hi yes thanks, I think the labels on the firmware are a bit strange. I have the amazon video app pre-installed so are not on the version 1.01 and the date of the version I have is 25/07/2016 wherby the one in the link is 11/03/2016. I have contacted them in the past about this and they reckoned I was on the latest one even though it says 1.01. would love a custom image on the box. They really are a very nice box with the freeview HD tuner built in, only 1GB ram though which is a shame but seems to work quite well apart from I am now locked to no updates for kodi as that wants android 5 or above. I might try and do the update from the recovery menu rather than through the update app on the device.

Comment

Update so I tried to install the 1.03 via system recovery and I get the error cant install package fri mar 11 11:24:40 CST 2016 over newer build (mon Jul 25 15:14:38 CST 2016) so it seems like it already has a newer build despite what the system says. Reckon we need a custom build :-). Have mailed August as it seems like one of this is slightly faulty (got a couple of them) as I keep getting bootedout the channels in kodi. Got the same image and same set up on two identical boxes on the same internet feed and one of them keeps booting over is rock solid :-)

Comment

Hi scoobydo ,

can you not flash the hole FW with a PC.What kink of CPU Amilogic,Rockchip ...???

Remember always Backup before doing this , TB and copy Android/data/obb Folder to a external Storage is enough

to restore your Data after a new flash.Of course you need Root.

have a nice Day

gefattern

Comment

Cpu is reported via Kodi as ARM V7 proc rev1 (v7l) and GPU 450MP

Just realised that I have only given you the architecture not the actual processor type so will need to install droid info I guess so that will need to wait as not got access to the box. Update later :-)
              Last edited by scoobydo; 03-20-2017, 11:11. Reason: More info

Comment

Hi scoobydo ,

Okay

have a nice Day

gefattern

Comment

Ok so is reports as
                  Model DVB500(m201)
                  Manufacturer MBX
                  chipset amlogic Meson8B
                  clock 96mhz to 1536
                  Total ram 815

cheers

Comment

Hi scoobydo ,

the best is you go to the Amilogic Threads here , i think it must be S805.

if you ever decide to flash your Box best Place to ask is there.

have a nice Day

gefattern

Comment

Ok will have a look at that sub forum. Here is the inside of the unit
                      Attached Files
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi Scoobydo, I have the same issues as you with my august dvb 500. Software version 1.0.1.20160725 even though I have tried several times to upgrade to 1.0.3 and it says I have the newest version. The kodi is not working well on it. Did you manage to upgrade you box or did you put a custom firmware on?

Comment

Never got a custom firmware. We are stuck unless someone develops a custom rom. August reckon hardware doesnt support the newer versions but they are only box shifters I think. What is wrong with kodi are you sure that it is not due to all the lawsuits kicking around?

Comment

Its Firmware issues. But your not stuck just use Ftmc its been made to extend your life on the device that stuck in kitkat land by Super Celeron.
                            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Working...
                            X