Rikomagic MK22 Plus issue update firmware with USB burning tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rikomagic MK22 Plus issue update firmware with USB burning tool

Tried to upgrade to a beta firmware from Rikomagic for the MK22 Plus and now official upgrade
    : Android 7.1 FW_170811. i
    am using the usb burning tool and was successful when i first received 3 of these units from the factory to the current version released May 2017

with the beta and new firmware update released 8-11 i get the error below. thinking of not trying any more as i don't want to take a chance the update may fail. i am using the usb male to usb male cable

getting error below. does anyone know what this error means ? the box is still ok on prior firmware and did not upgrade

Erase bootloader/Switch status/Enum Device/Enum error

Have you tried the burn card maker route to install from an SD card?
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Hi traitt ,

did you uncheck "Erase bootloader" while flashing ??? this Tools make always a Error Log .

Maybe wrong or buggy Bootloader in the Rom ??? SDCard is worth a try .

I reviewed Rikomagic MK22 TV box about two weeks ago, and with the firmware I had, online firmware update was not enabled, and the company only released

greetings & good luck

gefattern

Comment

i kept all defaults didn't uncheck erase bootloader. directions said to check that ....? per rikomagic i cannot upgrade via sd card only usb

Comment

FYI before the error
          is this code [0x00301001]

Comment

Right now just really trying to see if anyone can tell the meaning of this error message before I try the update again . Although I've seen many blogs with this error and haven't seen any clear info. if you have any info let me know. just want to make sure it doesn't mean something is wrong with my player or maybe just the tool. also asking as i want to make sure my player doesn't crash

error :

[0x00301001]Erase bootloader/Switch status/Enum Device/Enum error

Comment

Hi traitt ,

are u sure did u try it ??? , & ever tried to flash without "erase Bootloader" ???

what shall happen ??? Did u run the Tool as Admin ???

greetings , good luck

gefattern

Comment

The directions said recommended to click erase flash and erase bootloader unless you are very experienced and with upgrading flash outside directions I am not experienced. Just don't want to go against directions in fear of problems. i know the timing is also important and it's possible the flash never started. i am going to play with the usb burning tool and see if i can recreate the same error without connecting the player

have you ever seen this error ?:

[0x00301001]Erase bootloader/Switch status/Enum Device/Enum error

Comment

I couldn't recreate the error without the player connected to the computer, guess expected.

I found the log files. the usb burning tool gave error : 0x00301001]Erase bootloader/Switch status/Enum device/Enum error
                  Right before the enum error in the log file was this message :
                  Device path is null or device connect status is error

I am guessing but not sure that the player never successfully connected to the computer as the player is still working on the last firmware

I am seeing to find the meaning 100% of the errors before i retry the update to be safe. i also emailed Amlogic hoping they reply with some info thanks

Comment

Originally posted by traitt View Post
                    i kept all defaults didn't uncheck erase bootloader. directions said to check that ....? per rikomagic i cannot upgrade via sd card only usb
                    Can you elaborate more on why you can't flash using the burn card maker and SD card?

Comment

i didn't try an SD card. mine has a micro SD card i am sure that it's the same difference. anyhow emails to a person with Rikomagic as said the SD card won't work with my Rikomagic MK22 Plus have you upgraded firmware with a Rikomagic player ?

Comment

Originally posted by traitt View Post
                        i didn't try an SD card. mine has a micro SD card i am sure that it's the same difference. anyhow emails to a person with Rikomagic as said the SD card won't work with my Rikomagic MK22 Plus have you upgraded firmware with a Rikomagic player ?
                        Yes, Micro SD card is what I meant.

I've not yet seen an S912 device that can't be upgraded using the burn card maker, so would say give it a try.

Comment

thanks. I am looking for confirmation from someone that did a firmware upgrade on an Rikomagic player using the Micro Sd card. i i understand same hardware, just would feel better as a Rikomagic contact said it could not be done. perhaps it is not 'official ' method

Comment

I'll ask my Rikomagic contact if they have any reason Micro Sd method won't work

Comment

It does exactly what the burning tool does, just using a different method.

Comment

Working...
                              X