• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trebor
    replied
    As Found

Z66X Z3 ZXIC ZX296716 2GB/16GB ANDROID 7.1 TV BOX FIRMWARE UPDATE 20171223

PC Flash Firmware
    http://geekbuying.mediafire.com/file/7ws4bix4cm19rj0/Z66X_Z3_ZXIC_ZX296716_20171223.rar
    Hey guys, Glad to share the firmware for Z66X Z3 ZXIC ZX296716 TV Box PC Flash Firmware Flash guide, please refer to: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2016/02/20/android-tv-boxes-flash-tutorials-tool/ Have fun! Apr 20, 2018sharon

Leave a comment:

• Shkumba
    replied
    Is there any new Update coming to improve the performance?

Leave a comment:

• vivi83200
    replied
    hello I have a box of this type and I can not read the videos on the application molotov tv because drm widevine that would be missing.Y is there a solution on these boxes like install them or go through another rom .Thank you for your answers

Leave a comment:

• borsooq
    replied
    Guys, a question. I set up everything as in the instruction, but when file is loaded and waiting in xprog I am connecting device using pointed in instruction usb port and ten putting into usb port in my PC (windows 10) and nothing happens. Completely nothing. Any tips?

Leave a comment:

• 3vemis
    replied
    new rom port or optimized for this box??? can we find something else??

Leave a comment:

• levi_ray
    replied
    Originally posted by tangoviking View Post

20 is low but with these type of boxes do not expect more than 40 Mbps. I'm getting 35-40 max on 100Mbit fiber-LAN with Z66X on default settings. One common problem with many android boxes is bad sheilding so maybe try not to have wifi on and other electronic devices that can influence circuits.
    You really get monkey for the peanut that you've spent then, in this case. I'm just wondering how can one reviewer of the same box can get around 88 Mbps (I believe it was in Spanish) via Ethernet. And the funny thing is, wireless speed is actually faster than the wired one. Thanks for the response, tangoviking.

Leave a comment:

• tangoviking
    replied
    Originally posted by levi_ray View Post
    Hello, everyone. I'm new to this site and very glad to found Z66X forum after buying the box from GeekBuying last month. Still on the connection topic, I put the box on wired ethernet but I have never been able to get decent connection, just 20 Mb/s tops for download (I have fibre 100 Mb/s). Connected with the same cable and on the same port, I can get max speed on my very laggy Windows 10 laptop. Anyone know the settings/tweak to crank up the speed? Thanks.
    20 is low but with these type of boxes do not expect more than 40 Mbps. I'm getting 35-40 max on 100Mbit fiber-LAN with Z66X on default settings. One common problem with many android boxes is bad sheilding so maybe try not to have wifi on and other electronic devices that can influence circuits.

Leave a comment:

• levi_ray
    replied
    Hello, everyone. I'm new to this site and very glad to found Z66X forum after buying the box from GeekBuying last month. Still on the connection topic, I put the box on wired ethernet but I have never been able to get decent connection, just 20 Mb/s tops for download (I have fibre 100 Mb/s). Connected with the same cable and on the same port, I can get max speed on my very laggy Windows 10 laptop. Anyone know the settings/tweak to crank up the speed? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• tangoviking
    replied
    Originally posted by suarez23 View Post
    I also forgot to ask about external antenna. Do I need to unsolder internal antenna to use external one or I can use both?
    Yes unsolder. But if you rather have internal only you can first try with a better internal antenna, you should see improved signal and stability with a solid pcb patch antenna compared to the sloppy 'tape' from factory. Very cheap to order or if lucky find one in a broken tablet.

Leave a comment:

• rix81
    replied
    Originally posted by suarez23 View Post
    Do I neet to unplug power during flashing process ? It is not obvious to me if the box must be powered by charger or only by USB, during the flashing mode. I'll be gratefull for some tips.
    only by USB

Leave a comment:

• suarez23
    replied
    I also forgot to ask about external antenna. Do I need to unsolder internal antenna to use external one or I can use both?

Leave a comment:

• suarez23
    replied
    Do I neet to unplug power during flashing process ? It is not obvious to me if the box must be powered by charger or only by USB, during the flashing mode. I'll be gratefull for some tips.

Leave a comment:

• rix81
    replied
    does anybody knows how to disable noise reduction? It's active on SD videos with system or hw decoder(not hw+), HD videos are probably unaffected

Leave a comment:

• 3vemis
    replied
    some news about this box? any new firmware or an port?

Leave a comment:

• tangoviking
    replied
    I replaced the horrible internal antenna which sometimes would drop below 5 mbit download speed. Internal design is basically just a bit of tape with some copper on it. Soldered on external omni-directional antenna from old router and now get much better and stable wifi. But max out at about 36 Down and 43 Up. Not close to 150 Mbit as advertised. Btw I contacted the manufacturer but they showed no interest in trying to support end user.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X