No announcement yet.

Z66X Z2 TV Box - ZX296716 Quad-core Android 2/16GB ROM 7.1 2.4G WiFi 100M RJ45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version  Name:	1508813187647417.jpg Views:	1 Size:	57.4 KB ID:	680361

Z66X Z2 TV Box
    Z66X Z2 adopts a high cost-effective chip ZX296716, comes with quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU up to 1.5GHz and Mali-450MP GPU. High performance, high integration, low power consumption. It runs on the Android 7.1, which has good performance. You can connect to a world of content and entertainment at home. Smoothly watching TV shows, movies, browsing webpage and photos, and playing Android games with your family and friends. It is the best choice for you to have the smooth experience to watch the video or play games.

Main Features:
    ● A full-4K high-performance SoC that supports H.265 video decoding up to 2K x 4K at 60fps
    ● 2GB DDR3 + 8GB eMMC / 2GB DDR3 + 16GB eMMC, you can download whatever you like, keep them and enjoy them
    ● It runs on the Android 7.1, which is good to use. You can connect to a world of content and entertainment at home with the box
    ● A high performance of quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU can play a wide range of games
    ● Built-in 2.4G WiFi. Support IEEE 802.11 b/g/n. A more stable signal for you to enjoy higher quality video experience
    ● HDR vivid world. Watch videos in detail like never before with select HDR content. Witness scenes and characters come to life in vivid contrast, color, and clarity
    ● HDMI 2.0 is a faster way to send video and audio output to your TV
    ● Support 4K ultra HD video playing for an astonishing 3D viewing experience

Gearbest
    Last edited by superceleron; 05-02-2018, 21:50.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Two multimedia 4K chip foundation big video

Around the home video 'everywhere' target, ZTE Microelectronics is constantly adding multimedia chip market.

During the recent China Mobile Partners Conference, ZTE Microelectronics focused on the latest achievements of the terminal chip, especially the latest multimedia can be widely used in set-top boxes, cloud terminals, video conferencing systems, home media centers and other scenes of multimedia 4K Series chip, ZX296719 and ZX296716, took an important step in ZTE's microelectronics cloud-tube-end industry layout.

Huang Zhizhi, ZTE Microelectronics in multimedia chip research and development has been invested for many years, this year's new launch of these two chips ZX296719 and ZX296716 are a successful film, and the rapid mass production.

As an important entrance to the home video business, the set-top box in the chip computing power, image processing capabilities and stability requirements are growing with the development of video services, 4K is becoming an indispensable ability. Therefore, ZTE Microelectronics for 4K content required by the key capabilities, one by one to crack, to ZX296719 and ZX296716 two chips launched officially broke the board.

Among them, ZX296716 for the set-top box products, home karaoke OK, home video conferencing, home media center and other scenes of a new generation of cost-effective multimedia chip products. Reporters learned that, for television and other large-screen applications, ZTE Microelectronics in the image super zoom, color brightness, noise suppression and other technical research from a variety of algorithms, and ZX296716 focus on the presentation, to make the image more perfect. ZX296716 not only supports HDR10 and HLG HDR image display, support BT2020 color gamut and Dolby Plus audio decoding, support 4KP60 10bit full 4K image output, more support 1080P60 video encoding.

ZX296719 uses the 2A72 + 4A53 size core architecture, which can provide high-performance products for the latest generation of MALI GPUs on the market. The ZX296719 is a high-performance, easy-to-use, Floating-point operations and high-performance graphics processing capabilities to support a rich audio and video interface, while providing 4KP60 H.265 video decoding capabilities.

In 2016, the three operators of the 4K business in Guangzhou, Shanghai, Sichuan, Anhui, Heilongjiang, Chongqing and other provinces and cities continue to land, 4K video era of the curtain has been fully opened, the amount of multimedia chips will usher in a new outbreak.ZTE Microelectronics as a subsidiary of ZTE, its multimedia chip independent research and development and production capacity, no doubt means that ZTE in the 4K large video solutions to provide more initiative. In the face of the domestic IPTV set-top box market in the past three years was blowout growth, high frame rate, HDR, 10bit pixel sampling, BT2020 wide color gamut, surround sound audio decoding and other comprehensive video experience based on the whole 4k concept, Electronics will also follow the tide of the market layout, in the big video business to seize the initiative.

Source: CCICCOM

treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I bought one, the 2GB RAM/16G Flash version. Used GBZ66X6 coupon. I will post my impressions in December, when probably I will get the box.

Comment

just got mine and so far great you tube works straight out of the box plays 4k no probs in fact its the cheapest box ive ever bought and so far its the best ,however i'm no sound geek so dts dolby 5.1 7.1 means nothing to me as long as the sound coming down the hdmi cable sounds good then i'm ok and it do

Comment

Originally posted by trinidad View Post
          just got mine and so far great you tube works straight out of the box plays 4k no probs in fact its the cheapest box ive ever bought and so far its the best ,however i'm no sound geek so dts dolby 5.1 7.1 means nothing to me as long as the sound coming down the hdmi cable sounds good then i'm ok and it do
          Hi,
          please can you make a snapshot in DRM info, please. Or say what you see in DRM info ?
          Thanks

Comment

Thanks to Gearbest we can have a close look today
            at the Z66X Z2 TV Box - ZX296716 Quad-core Android 2/16GB ROM 7.1 2.4G WiFi 100M RJ45

Another Light weight performing CPU, by the looks and we have 720 UI view tho seems snappy enough

The UI/Desktop is a little ATV look, like the New Zui found by Zidoo.
            Another to compete with the 905W I feel at present.

We have Root, upper and lower task/notification.
            No DRM at this stage.

Easy setup with Google and account normal Google
            Apps installed as required no funny business looking OK.
            Temps running around 50~60c
            WiFi and Ether net well ok for 10/100 and 2.4GHZ only

Let's do some test first as I was keen to see what this was all about and had to offer.
            First impression for what it is and price, cheap and cheery I guess

Startup Wizard

UI/Desktop/Info

DRM Info

Ram and Storage Truth

CPU-Z

GeekBench-CPU >
            http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/4870703

Geekbench-Compute

Good looking Keyboard entry

Antutu

Vellamo

Cleaner Supplied

Media Player supplied

A1 SDBench

Installed Web Browser

Not seeing 4k YT only 720 at this stage
            More as I have a bit of a tinker
            Last edited by superceleron; 05-02-2018, 21:52.
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

This youtube review about the box, says that applications freeze during usage.

Comment

• trebor
                trebor commented
                Editing a comment
                None of that stuff seen here as yet. been on bench for last 3 or more hours...
                Can happen ,may just need re-setup recovery etc.

Not seeing 4k YT only 720 at this stage
              More as I have a bit of a tinker

are you telling me that those 4k demos i've watched on you tube that say their at 2160p are only 720 if so they still look very good, i have also had no freezing

Comment

Seems like the piece from MXQ Project review was broken. I hope mine will be OK.

Comment

• trebor
                  trebor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sometimes first startup if you Rush it and the Box was not ready,(setting up etc) it can go a bit Broken

What I see here with YT so far

treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Let's have a look see inside etc.. at the

The Box

Whats in the Box

Ports

Remove the Base

Closer

More Screws removed

Closer

WiFi Chip

Its, OK for what it has to offer, maybe a few tweaks as time goes by might be an interesting device
                  Will have to wait and see...

But a cheapy for that second TV etc should do the Job.

Again Thanks
                  Gearbest
                  Last edited by superceleron; 05-02-2018, 21:52.
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                    What I see here with YT so far

What do you mean with this youtube?
                    It is dark, or it works at 720p or frame drops?

----

[SIZE=14px]Let's have a look see inside etc.. at the

Its, OK for what it has to offer, maybe a few tweaks as time goes by might be an interesting device
                    Will have to wait and see...

But a cheapy for that second TV etc should do the Job.

Again Thanks
                    Gearbest
                    Can you tell me what is the purpose of this aluminum element screwed to plastic cover? I have (had, to be honest) similar in MXQ Pro 4K S905 and removed it. Why it is placed there?

Comment

YT show us the Max Res I can set to is 720 first Image.
                      The second Image is showing the Stream of a 4k Video also locked at 720

The block can have 2 functions to add a Bit more weight to the Unit, This being alloy most likely not.
                      Second, with the help of thermal pad as you see can pull heat away form CPU/Heat sink.

treboR
                      Please consider
                      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

It seems that it's a Nexbox product based on A95XZ2 marking on the PCB & A95MINI on the wifi antenna.

Comment

YT show us the Max Res I can set to is 720 first Image.
                          The second Image is showing the Stream of a 4k Video also locked at 720

The block can have 2 functions to add a Bit more weight to the Unit, This being alloy most likely not.
                          Second, with the help of thermal pad as you see can pull heat away form CPU/Heat sink.

But... don't you use 720p screen?

Regading the metal element - i think it adds a little weight only. In my Amlogic S905 box - it doesn't even touch the SoC.

Comment

Working...
                          X