No announcement yet.

Z66X Z2 TV Box - ZX296716 Quad-core Android 2/16GB ROM 7.1 2.4G WiFi 100M RJ45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it works really well with this firmware, netflix goes great thanks for the help trebor

Comment

trebor hello, i have this tv box z66x z2 - can't play netflix. It's safe to flash this rom? some bugs for this firmware ? it's a port or is stock rom with other launcher ? can someone make a port of android tv rom for this device ?

Comment

who is making this boxes? i know they are made in china .. but the firmware is very bad.... they don't want to sell their product ?? make an oficial update for this box! i cant find an oficial website with suport of this tv box z66x z2

Comment

Originally posted by 3vemis View Post
          trebor hello, i have this tv box z66x z2 - can't play netflix. It's safe to flash this rom? some bugs for this firmware ? it's a port or is stock rom with other launcher ? can someone make a port of android tv rom for this device ?
          had that problem with the stock firmware but I did the flash with the rom that he got trebor and netflix is going great, another proof that with a good firmware you can do wonders

Comment

Yoshiro26 hey. Tks for the info. Can you check if with this firmware is widevine l3 ?? with stock rom is notsuported have you managed to view netflix hd ??

Comment

Yoshiro26 hey. Tks for the info. Can you check if with this firmware is widevine l3 ?? with stock rom is notsuported have you managed to view netflix hd ??

Comment

youtube is only 720p .. any news about this box ?? how to setup to view 1080p or 4k on youtube??

Comment

trebor how to unpaxk .img firmware for this box??

Comment

Sorry cant help, being different SOC etc...all new...
                    I think for what it is....Price and performance is OK
                    Low powered CPU cheaper..

Be happy with what it can do...not what it cant do

treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hi.
                      My Z66X Z2 device is 2GB Ram 16GB Rom.
                      and
                      Firmware
                      https://mega.nz/#!G9ti2CKK!HTw1VQGFO...3TqMOgDPppQbqU
                      Unable to load.
                      the upload is not successful
                      Is there any other software?
                      Last edited by halilyil; 01-11-2018, 08:41.

Comment

I own a box and it's just on the "OK" side of things. Using Nova launcher, output 720p because more wasn't usable on several streaming sites. Wifi is bad but stable if close enough to router. Short range and slow 10-20Mbit/s 5m from router. Even with Ethernet cable I can't get the 100Mbit, more like 80-85. (fiber hookup). Streams often start with bad quality, and might need 10s or stop/start to to kick into higher.

USB ports, not sure what's going on there. Tried to copy a 1.5GB file usb to internal memory and speed was 150 Kb/s.. Had a few crashes, almost random. App might crash but start again and do same action, now it works. Google photo app crashed to name one. Had one big crash, box died and rebooted while playing a video file via Kodi. And pre-rooted means I can't use all apps, some settings in dev-options crash the box. it's like they picked a firmware by random and forced it onto the hardware!

On the positive, it's pretty fast, didn't cost too much and doing what I bought it for. But I hope they release a new firmware (Got my box Dec 22, pre-loaded with 1.0.0.2). Looks like manufacturer is here https://zkmagic.en.alibaba.com/conta...2b902dad0jghmM and on facebook https://www.facebook.com/ZkmagicTVBOX/

Comment

I replaced the horrible internal antenna which sometimes would drop below 5 mbit download speed. Internal design is basically just a bit of tape with some copper on it. Soldered on external omni-directional antenna from old router and now get much better and stable wifi. But max out at about 36 Down and 43 Up. Not close to 150 Mbit as advertised. Btw I contacted the manufacturer but they showed no interest in trying to support end user.

Comment

some news about this box? any new firmware or an port?

Comment

does anybody knows how to disable noise reduction? It's active on SD videos with system or hw decoder(not hw+), HD videos are probably unaffected

Comment

Do I neet to unplug power during flashing process ? It is not obvious to me if the box must be powered by charger or only by USB, during the flashing mode. I'll be gratefull for some tips.

Comment

Working...
                                X