No announcement yet.

Z66X Z2 TV Box - ZX296716 Quad-core Android 2/16GB ROM 7.1 2.4G WiFi 100M RJ45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also forgot to ask about external antenna. Do I need to unsolder internal antenna to use external one or I can use both?

Comment

Originally posted by suarez23 View Post
      Do I neet to unplug power during flashing process ? It is not obvious to me if the box must be powered by charger or only by USB, during the flashing mode. I'll be gratefull for some tips.
      only by USB

Comment

Originally posted by suarez23 View Post
        I also forgot to ask about external antenna. Do I need to unsolder internal antenna to use external one or I can use both?
        Yes unsolder. But if you rather have internal only you can first try with a better internal antenna, you should see improved signal and stability with a solid pcb patch antenna compared to the sloppy 'tape' from factory. Very cheap to order or if lucky find one in a broken tablet.

Comment

Hello, everyone. I'm new to this site and very glad to found Z66X forum after buying the box from GeekBuying last month. Still on the connection topic, I put the box on wired ethernet but I have never been able to get decent connection, just 20 Mb/s tops for download (I have fibre 100 Mb/s). Connected with the same cable and on the same port, I can get max speed on my very laggy Windows 10 laptop. Anyone know the settings/tweak to crank up the speed? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by levi_ray View Post
            Hello, everyone. I'm new to this site and very glad to found Z66X forum after buying the box from GeekBuying last month. Still on the connection topic, I put the box on wired ethernet but I have never been able to get decent connection, just 20 Mb/s tops for download (I have fibre 100 Mb/s). Connected with the same cable and on the same port, I can get max speed on my very laggy Windows 10 laptop. Anyone know the settings/tweak to crank up the speed? Thanks.
            20 is low but with these type of boxes do not expect more than 40 Mbps. I'm getting 35-40 max on 100Mbit fiber-LAN with Z66X on default settings. One common problem with many android boxes is bad sheilding so maybe try not to have wifi on and other electronic devices that can influence circuits.

Comment

Originally posted by tangoviking View Post

20 is low but with these type of boxes do not expect more than 40 Mbps. I'm getting 35-40 max on 100Mbit fiber-LAN with Z66X on default settings. One common problem with many android boxes is bad sheilding so maybe try not to have wifi on and other electronic devices that can influence circuits.
              You really get monkey for the peanut that you've spent then, in this case. I'm just wondering how can one reviewer of the same box can get around 88 Mbps (I believe it was in Spanish) via Ethernet. And the funny thing is, wireless speed is actually faster than the wired one. Thanks for the response, tangoviking.

Comment

new rom port or optimized for this box??? can we find something else??

Comment

Guys, a question. I set up everything as in the instruction, but when file is loaded and waiting in xprog I am connecting device using pointed in instruction usb port and ten putting into usb port in my PC (windows 10) and nothing happens. Completely nothing. Any tips?

Comment

hello I have a box of this type and I can not read the videos on the application molotov tv because drm widevine that would be missing.Y is there a solution on these boxes like install them or go through another rom .Thank you for your answers

Comment

Is there any new Update coming to improve the performance?

Comment

As Found

Z66X Z3 ZXIC ZX296716 2GB/16GB ANDROID 7.1 TV BOX FIRMWARE UPDATE 20171223

PC Flash Firmware
                        http://geekbuying.mediafire.com/file/7ws4bix4cm19rj0/Z66X_Z3_ZXIC_ZX296716_20171223.rar
                        Hey guys, Glad to share the firmware for Z66X Z3 ZXIC ZX296716 TV Box PC Flash Firmware Flash guide, please refer to: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2016/02/20/android-tv-boxes-flash-tutorials-tool/ Have fun! Apr 20, 2018sharon
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Flashed OK
                          Once I recalled what program to use and find it on the HDD, then how to use it again been awhile
                          No changelog YT still 720, UI running 720, still ok for what it is.

treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                            Flashed OK
                            Once I recalled what program to use and find it on the HDD, then how to use it again been awhile
                            No changelog YT still 720, UI running 720, still ok for what it is.
                            Uh? It's the same version you installed 6 months ago? http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...338#post693338

Comment

Same Version True date, a few weeks ahead...looks the same as you say
                              treboR
                              Please consider
                              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

hy

anyone still active in this thread?

i got the rebranded 8GB version of this box:

might there be a z66 firmware for 8gb device somewhere maybe trebor knows? )

ui is finer than here on globmall

btw from what i read cpu from these boxes here is similar to s905x

but the big advantage is that this cpu during usage, streaming, browsing, is at least 15 degrees celsius below those s905x/s905w cpus

without cooling here 53 celcius where 905 boxes easy hit the 70

with a fan below the box wings towards bottom not box 40 degrees stable while netflix evening, thats just great

Comment

Working...
                                X