Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Measy U4K cooling mod

Hey guys,

I have finally received U4K stick. My first impression is very positive even though it does not perform as well as RK3188 in synthetic benchmarks. But who cares as long as it runs smoothly and (the most important for me) does excellent movie playback. The only problem I've encountered so far was a couple of reboots caused by a "mickey" power adapter and overheating. The first one was resolved easily by replacing the power adapter to a real 2.5A. Then I worked on the second issue and here is the result. By the way, the device came rooted and only with a couple of chinese crap installed, which was removed. I also tried overclocking to 1.2GHz and with this mod it ran smooth and silky! Overall, I'm very positive about my new purchase!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20130825_142718.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	438558Click image for larger version

Name:	20130824_180116.jpg
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	438559Click image for larger version

Name:	20130824_180125.jpg
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	438560Click image for larger version

Name:	20130825_142610.jpg
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	438561Click image for larger version

Name:	20130825_142649.jpg
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	438562Click image for larger version

Name:	20130825_142710.jpg
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	438563

Could you please post a "review"
    I'm interested in buying A31 device.. for video and gaming

Cheers

Comment

The only thing that keeps me from getting an A31 device that it doesn't have a true 1080p
      kernel yet so is there any news lately in this regard ?

Comment

Originally posted by opengl1971 View Post
        The only thing that keeps me from getting an A31 device that it doesn't have a true 1080p
        kernel yet so is there any news lately in this regard ?
        Nop, so far nothing I could find over the net. Hope there'll be one someday...

Comment

Here perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
            I don't think CS868 firmware will work on U4K as they have slightly different hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by ADD View Post
              I don't think CS868 firmware will work on U4K as they have slightly different hardware.
              For someone like me (who didn't make a purchase yet) it is exactly what i was looking for
              Now the CS868 is a perfect purchase , thanks mitchell4you for posting the 1080p rom.

Comment

So What about the 4K

Originally posted by ADD View Post
                Nop, so far nothing I could find over the net. Hope there'll be one someday...

Can this drive a 4k tv. I got a Seiki 50" 4k tv. Or I'm I totally missing something.

-Ari

Comment

Originally posted by ariaaria View Post
                  Can this drive a 4k tv. I got a Seiki 50" 4k tv. Or I'm I totally missing something.

-Ari
                  Well, it will, but only in 720p mode as kernel is 720. Unless one day they release 4k kernel...

Comment

Really nice idea...

Is it a CPU-fan?

For powering / catching the power from the USB, perhaps something like this is the better solution:
                    http://www.****.com/itm/USB-2-0-Blac...item43b839b8a7 (USB Y Cable male / female)
                    but I don't know, whether the power "can get" because of a block in the femal (I don't know how to say in English, but I hope you will understand that I mean, that the power can only flow/run/stream in one way...)
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Very cool mod!

Where did you get that fan? Is it 5v?

Did you just solder it onto the Power Connectors of the USB Port? No Issues?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by h3mPi View Post
                        Very cool mod!

Where did you get that fan? Is it 5v?

Did you just solder it onto the Power Connectors of the USB Port? No Issues?

Thanks,
                        No, this is 12v GPU cooling heatsink that can be easily found on **** for 1.4$ or so. Even though it's 12v it spins silently on 5v and does the great job. The heatsink never gets even warm. The only downside is that sometimes you need to start it manually. But that's not a problem for me. When I switch my TV I just slightly push the blades and it's on.

Comment

Working...
                        X