Huawei Mediaq M310

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huawei Mediaq M310

This is a pretty cool micro TV box, it measures 2"x2"x1/2" yet packs a quad core processor. It comes with their own interface and offers games,cloud,share,bluetooth,hdmi in and out. Rock solid wifi and many other features Ive yet to try. Im impressed so far.

a month ago.. i was considering buy one..
    but the lack of reviews.. and user feedback.. i decided to wait

please post review..
    *what works.. what not... cons and pro's
    Show me what i'm missing

Cheers

Comment

Quite interested to try this too. CPU looks good but 1gb of RAM is not great. Wondering how it compares to the Neo x7.

Sent from my Firefly V65 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

HDMI Input!

I want this HDMI Input feature on all android Mini PCs, in fact, It would be nice to have a couple of them. One for STB, One for PVR, Blu Ray, etc. Would like to have android's multiwindows opening in the TV...This new device seems to have the right idea, but doesnt appear to bring multi-windows into play. It may even make a PVR App come along. Then truly everyone's Television would be a smart TV.

JMHO

Comment

Re: Huawei Mediaq M310

I will add my impression as I spend more time with this device . It runs an older version of android 4 which seems to work best with xbmc 12.1 xaf build. The wifi is always full bars on both 2.4 and 5 . It is all set up for ota upgrades but no updates available yet. I like how well it flings stuff from my phone. I'm not a gamer so I haven't tried any of the preloads. Theres a barcode on the homepage that you scan with your phone and it downloads the remote control and apps to your phone. It seems to be very stable. No crashing or freezing. I like the hdmi in. It feels a little slower than RK3188 devices but the graphics are brilliant. I'm not sold on the remote that comes with it but I don't like any of them yet. Its short on memory but will hold a 32 g sd card Still cant get over the size. Tiny little thing. Watch out for these guys they obviously know how to make something work right out of the box for under $100. I'm now interested in the M810

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Comment

How does HDMI Input work?

Originally posted by reefmonger View Post
            I will add my impression as I spend more time with this device . It runs an older version of android 4 which seems to work best with xbmc 12.1 xaf build. The wifi is always full bars on both 2.4 and 5 . It is all set up for ota upgrades but no updates available yet. I like how well it flings stuff from my phone. I'm not a gamer so I haven't tried any of the preloads. Theres a barcode on the homepage that you scan with your phone and it downloads the remote control and apps to your phone. It seems to be very stable. No crashing or freezing. I like the hdmi in. It feels a little slower than RK3188 devices but the graphics are brilliant. I'm not sold on the remote that comes with it but I don't like any of them yet. Its short on memory but will hold a 32 g sd card Still cant get over the size. Tiny little thing. Watch out for these guys they obviously know how to make something work right out of the box for under $100. I'm now interested in the M810

Hi Reef:

Thanks for your review. I do not think manufacturers realize how nice an HDMI Input is on these Android devices. It could make the TV run seamless as a computer/CableTV/PVR TV and the Apps developed would take a whole new turn.

How does the HDMI Input work? I read that there is a standby button or something and you hit standby and it goes to the STB, then when you go to an app it takes it out of the STB and goes to computer? So, lets say an email or snapchat comes in, is a notification possible on bottom of TV screen? I would think not. In other words, the folks have not seamlessly developed the STB into the proprietary software they have..Right? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Playonlover View Post
              Hi Reef:

Thanks for your review. I do not think manufacturers realize how nice an HDMI Input is on these Android devices. It could make the TV run seamless as a computer/CableTV/PVR TV and the Apps developed would take a whole new turn.

How does the HDMI Input work? I read that there is a standby button or something and you hit standby and it goes to the STB, then when you go to an app it takes it out of the STB and goes to computer? So, lets say an email or snapchat comes in, is a notification possible on bottom of TV screen? I would think not. In other words, the folks have not seamlessly developed the STB into the proprietary software they have..Right? Thanks in advance.

Havent tried hdmi in yet, will plug my blue ray in when I get a chance.

Comment

The hdmi in works great. Tried my blue ray and an older dvd player. There's a small box on the bottom if the ui that shows you where you are ie cloud.share.sd.usb.etc

Comment

Where did you purchase this device?

Comment

Originally posted by dham2008 View Post
                    Where did you purchase this device?
                    Aliexpress for $99.00

Comment

Originally posted by reefmonger View Post
                      Aliexpress for $99.00

How long was the shipping period?

Comment

Originally posted by dham2008 View Post
                        How long was the shipping period?
                        I chose the slow method and it took about 3 weeks but then it got held up in customs.

Comment

Got this box in the post today and had a play with it for a couple of hours.

Initial impressions are that its OK but lacking some real key functions.

HDMI pass through is great, would love to see the option to be able to have the HDMI display in a box in the corner like the Samsung smart hub.

The stock launcher isn't great, I find it quite laggy compared to the X7. The DPI is too large also, things look massive, too big. Out of the box its not rooted so there's nothing you can do about it either which isnt good. I'm going to have a look around later to see if I can find a root for it which leads me to another point..There seems to be a complete lack of development or reviews about it, I'm struggling to find any info on it at all or stock firmware which is scary as if you try and root it and it fails then ill not be able to return it to stock.

I installed XBMC 12.1 and lewys justxbmc on it and tried a 720p video, it just didn't play, it stuttered and juddered im sure i can see skipping or delay in Youtube also, I'll try different versions of xbmc later to see if one works.

Google Play is a disaster, nearly every app "isnt compatible with device" If i can root then i can spoof another device but wow! thats really bad!

All in all its a great build quality and has the potential to be great but its seriously lacking as it is. I really hope Huawei release some FW updates for it I can't find any sort of FW n the net for it?(How long has it been released for?)

One final thing, I can't find out how to screen mirror.On all the literature it says you can mirror your android phone and play games on your phone on the tv on it but it doesn't seem possible to me?

Sent from my Faea HY509S using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Batfink32; 10-25-2013, 18:29.

Comment

Hmmmm I can't even find any windows drivers for this? Where on earth is the support for it?

Sent from my Faea HY509S using Tapatalk

Comment

I used xbmc xaf 12.1 2013050347b0a23c60 to make it run smooth. I will check when I get near my device.

Comment

Working...
                              X