Cannot Find Android TV Box Firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Find Android TV Box Firmware

I have an android TV box with the brand 'Red Bean' with android 5.1 lollipop(Pls refer to picture attached).Recently this box got into some boot problem and it always stucked at the boot logo.Even when I carried out a factory reset,it will not work showing an error E:failed to mount/mnt/External_SD(no such device) and recovery android 5.0 not found.So I suspect my operating system is corrupted.Now the problem is I cannot find the firmware pertaining to this android box.How can I delete the existing OS and install a new android version say android marshmallow 6.0?Can I still upgrade if I cannot find the firmware for it?Any Help?

Thank you.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

This probably wont help much but a few weeks ago on the bay there was an auction with a bunch of used as is tv boxes and there was a bunch that looked just like yours gold with gold antennas it was called the "model 5" when i searched model 5 there was a bunch of other units like it. Maybe you can do some reverse engineering some how?

Click image for larger version

Name:	model 5.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	803483

Comment

Thanks for your reply.Actually I already ordered a Beelink GT1 mini-2 Android 9.0 smart box but it takes a long time to reach me giving the excuse of the pandemic,almost a month and i still havent received it.So I am trying my luck to fix my existing old box to see if it can work or not.I will try your idea ...anyway thanks a lot!!!

Comment

Originally posted by erichan1971 View Post
        Thanks for your reply.Actually I already ordered a Beelink GT1 mini-2 Android 9.0 smart box but it takes a long time to reach me giving the excuse of the pandemic,almost a month and i still havent received it.So I am trying my luck to fix my existing old box to see if it can work or not.I will try your idea ...anyway thanks a lot!!!
        Hi ,

first , please no double Threads , okay ,

second , to know what you need , look what is printed on the PCB ,

Typ , Name , ModellNr. , further good luck / greetings / gefattern

Comment

Working...
        X