Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK3066 NO AUDIO since KITKAT Rom - Need help

Hi, I got a J21 with a RK3066 chip

I flash it with the new rk3066-eng 4.4.2 KOT49H eng.arron.20140617.151128 test-keys ROM
    and kernel 3.0.36+ arron@develop-server #108 Jun 16 21:09:08 CST 2014

both from:
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?14765-Kit-Kat-4-4-2-RK3066-(Fully-Working)

Unfortunately since I install I got no Audio in all mode.

I already have try the fix that some have found to turn on the stick before the TV but didn't help my case.

Does anybody else encounter the same kind of problem or have a solution for me?

The Reason is that is no Support for your Audio Chip in your Kernel.
    This must be fixed.

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
      The Reason is that is no Support for your Audio Chip in your Kernel.
      This must be fixed.

Neomode
      Is there a kernel version with the proper driver for my audio chip?

I open my stick and the J21 is in fact the 809II V1.1 board where they add an additional antenna and fit in a CX-919 case.

Is there any information I can get you so you can help me with my problem?

Thanks in advance

Comment

I just got the device and haven't had a chance to debug it but I have confirmed the sound is not functioning with the MTK 4.4.2 ROM from the iMito thread.

I'll update when I have more info.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
          I just got the device and haven't had a chance to debug it but I have confirmed the sound is not functioning with the MTK 4.4.2 ROM from the iMito thread.

I'll update when I have more info.
          Good to know, at least I know someone is looking into it...

Again thanks for all your good work Shomari

Comment

mallox do you have a dump of the original firmware by chance?

Comment

mallox do you have a dump of the original firmware by chance?
              Unfortunately I don't

Comment

From what I can tell looking at dmesg, the edid error (on Kit Kat 4.4.2) is severe with this device. No matter what, it always treats the hdmi as a dvi and mutes audio.

I had to default to a 4.2.2 ROM and it runs surprisingly well for such a cheap stick. Antutu is at 15K right on par with all the other RK3066 devices I own.

Wifi is good and the stick surprisingly handles overclocking very well despite not having a heat sink.

Comment

I haven't had time to diff the ROMs for audio modules and see if swapping system files will make the difference. Hopefully I can get to it this weekend because the Kit Kat ROM runs superbly on this thing.

Mallox, let me know if you're willing to test a few CWM flashable zips containing system files to see if we can get audio without having to compile a kernel.
                  Last edited by Shomari; 08-06-2014, 12:19.

Comment

I haven't had time to diff the ROMs for audio modules and see if swapping system files will make the difference. Hopefully I can get to it this weekend because the Kit Kat ROM runs superbly on this thing.

Mallox, let me know if you're willing to test a few CWM flashable zips containing system files to see if we can get audio without having to compile a kernel.
                    Yes that is not a problem, just let me know which ones.

Just let you know that I already try all other kitkat ROM for RK3066-MTK that I could found and the one that run better so far is still yours.

the one I try:
                    - 720p_allminipc_ugoos_ug007ii_MTK_05jun2014_V4.4
                    - ug007ii_mk809ii_public_MTK_20140516_andriod 4.4

From what I can tell looking at dmesg, the edid error (on Kit Kat 4.4.2) is severe with this device. No matter what, it always treats the hdmi as a dvi and mutes audio.

I had to default to a 4.2.2 ROM and it runs surprisingly well for such a cheap stick. Antutu is at 15K right on par with all the other RK3066 devices I own.

Wifi is good and the stick surprisingly handles overclocking very well despite not having a heat sink.
                    My device to was getting high score on Antutu with default ROM. But it couldn't play smooth 720p video. I try many different player, a found only one on witch HD video was watchable (MX player) but still, it bug all the time.

Comment

It's pretty good with 720p videos especially with an oc'd kernel. No problems at all.

I'm going to upload a zip for you to test. The first one shouldn't cause any problems even if it doesn't work to fix audio. I'll post it in a bit. Later I'll be able to do some tests myself.

Comment

Here's a zip to test. Let me know if it flashes properly and if audio functions. If not I have some other tests I'd like to complete as well.

Comment

Here's a zip to test. Let me know if it flashes properly and if audio functions. If not I have some other tests I'd like to complete as well.

http://ge.tt/4zRtiVq1/v/0?c
                          I try to install your new "audio" kernel but could not get it flash with CWM.

The device has frozen after:Installing update...
                          Script generated by...
                          Follow us on Facebook...

Try it twice but same thing.

Comment

http://ge.tt/4zRtiVq1/v/0?c
                            I used this file, did not help.

Is it possible to compile a new kernel as it is written here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-some-TVs-FIX-!!!

Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately, no.

We've known about the problem and fix for a long time; actually since the sources were released to the public months ago.

Someone would have to compile a patch or kernel with the fix for our chipset. I'm not set up to compile kernels at the moment so it likely won't be from me, at least not any time soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X