RK3066 TV Stick with KitKat, help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK3066 TV Stick with KitKat, help.

Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I'll give it a go.

I bought this TV Stick a while ago and I'm experiencing quite a few problems.

1. Sometimes the stick reboots itself for no reason.
    2. Sometimes after a start-up the wifi does not work unless I reboot it.
    3. Using any kind of hardware info software, I get that the original model name of my device is RK3066. I mean isn't it supposed to be only for the CPU model not for the whole device?
    4. The system works fine but it's lagging and it worries me. I mean I have other Android devices and I know when the operating system lags. Also there isn't an option to hide the on-screen keyboard when using a wireless one and it is really annoying.

So I've searched quite a few forums and I guess this is a firmware(software) problem and I guess I need to get a new ROM. The problem is that I have no idea what my WIFI, Bluetooth, sound etc. chips are, neither I know their model names. I opened it and took pictures of what's inside so you can have a look. I am also attaching a hardware report.

Please let me know what I can do and if there is any good 4.4 firmwares for rk3066

---------------------------

http://sharetext.org/zCeC - HARDWARE INFO

Thank you very much in advance!!

So I am guessing it is an MK809.

I say that because the label clearly states e809 v10 and e809 is the mk809 and the date of manufacture means it is a base model since none of the big boys are making the mk809 dual core boards anymore.

Throw some pics of the case up there.

but I am willing to bet that an MK809 rom would work but it is tough to say.

Try rooting it and installing a recovery. You may get more info out of it.

Comment

Yep. I forgot to mention its MK809. The top case says its MK809III but I doubt it's this version & since the device is Dual Core why would the top says Quad Core haha, confusing.

Can you give me a link to the rom? Thanks

Here's some pics:

Comment

Unfortunately you have a unit that is botched.

Either they are claiming quad core based on the video being a quad core or you have a opps unit.

I think it is the later of the two. If the site you ordered from states it as a MK809iii and states RK3066 then they are running a scam. The RK3066 is in the MK809 and MK809ii.

I would give the company a call or an email.

Comment

you could have make a backup of the same
          stick but he is not at all to get because it
          is completely empty and I find nowhere a software
          tinker had him by a friend to get but he is just not
          without firmware

Comment

rk3066

Hello!I have just such a device.One to one!!Hung on the splash screen.Took about 20 firmware.Came only this https://cloud.mail.ru/18EE14E08D8A4CF5940AB80015B43B6E
            !!!!Bluetooth works.WiFi not interested in,so to connect to the network through LAN.Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by mopkran View Post
              Hello!I have just such a device.One to one!!Hung on the splash screen.Took about 20 firmware.Came only this https://cloud.mail.ru/18EE14E08D8A4CF5940AB80015B43B6E
              !!!!Bluetooth works.WiFi not interested in,so to connect to the network through LAN.Good luck!!
              Could you reuplad this ROM?

Comment

Working Stock Room

I found working stock room for this device

Comment

thanks for info

Comment

Originally posted by andrev2000 View Post
                    Working Stock Room

I found working stock room for this device

https://yadi.sk/d/pX2xvF6IeL6bE
                    Muchas gracias funcionó en autex t001

Comment

hi there,

just joined freaktab and just updated my mk808 clone (rk3066) from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2

works great! but display setting of screen scale does not save every reboot.

is this the solution? i'm not a coder. so if this is the fix i'm looking for how do i use it?

is it found in build.prop? i know a little to edit build.prop.

thanks in advance.

Comment

a very late reply from a just registered member

what chip is underneath the e809 sticker? if that chip is also hynix maybe you can use this rikomagik fw.

http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...-tv-stick.html

i also got a mk808 clone that i got bricked loading a mk808 orig fw.

i opened it and saw hynix chips. and this fw from rikomagik saved the day.

btw this fw uses ap6210 wifi/bt but works with my ap6181 wifi/no bt chip.

hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by karoshi View Post
                          a very late reply from a just registered member

what chip is underneath the e809 sticker? if that chip is also hynix maybe you can use this rikomagik fw.

http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...-tv-stick.html

i also got a mk808 clone that i got bricked loading a mk808 orig fw.

i opened it and saw hynix chips. and this fw from rikomagik saved the day.

btw this fw uses ap6210 wifi/bt but works with my ap6181 wifi/no bt chip.

hope this helps.
                          Once more ,

i moved this Post to here , that was not the right Place , you ask in a Ubuntu

Topic for a Android Fix , so please stay with your Q.s in the specific Threads

for your Box or Stick . Thanks . Have a nice Day . greetings / gefattern

Comment

Working...
                          X