This is my experience with the ROM's tested on some players

Hi!

I tested some ROMs on some devices and this is my experience with them:

I tested these ROMs:
    Finless 1.6 - 1.7 - 1.8 .

I tested these devices:
    Ug802, Ug80x, Mk802-3, cx803.

I tested these ROMs on these devices:
    Ug802 = 1.6 - 1.7 - 1.8 (all made for Ug802).
    Ug80x = 1.7 (made for Ug802) - 1.7¹ (made exclusively for this device).
    Mk802-3 = 1.7 (made for Ug802).
    cx803 = 1.7 (made for Ug802) - 1.7 (made exclusively for this device).

My experiences are as follows:
    The best ROM I used and it worked better, in order:
    1.7 -> Ug802.
    1.7 -> Mk802-3.
    1.7¹ -> Ug80x.
    1.8 -> Ug802.
    1.7 (all) -> cx803.

Ug802 (1.7):
    The ROM 1.7 on Ug802 is practically perfect. (Performance, init.d, stability, ...).
    The 1.7 ROM works perfect init.d, crontab....

Ug802 (1.8):
    The performance and stability are good as in version 1.7.
    The feature I liked most in version 1.8 was auto hide the footer bar, because the 1.7 does not have that.
    The init.d in ROM 1.8, sometimes does not work very well.

Mk802-3 (1.7 of Ug802):
    Version 1.7 works almost identically in Ug802, but the stability and performance are not perfect as they are in Ug802. But is very good.

Ug80x (1.7 ROM made exclusively for this device):
    The version 1.7 of Finless specific to this device that has different WIFI chip, works almost perfect as the Ug802, but as it has some features of version 1.8, so some things like init.d does not work very well. The performance and stability were very good.

cx803 (1.7 of Ug802):
    It may be that performance with this Rom would be as good as the Ug802, but the WIFI does not work, so Finless made a ROM exclusive to this device.

cx803 (1.7 made exclusively for this device):
    The performance and stability were reasonable, this device had everything to be good, it has an external antenna.
    But however I try, the stability of it is not good, the performance is not good.
    I'm still looking for alternatives in order to use this device very well. But so far after frequent use, performance returns to normal only after restarting it.

I'm not criticizing the ROMs, probably some bad experiences I had with any of them was because of some specific device and not because of the ROM.

But one thing I am sure:

Ths ROM 1.8 is very good, but the init.d, crontab and some thinks does not work perfectly in this ROM.

(For this, yes, I did multiple tests on multiple devices to make sure it was not the device.)

But regardless, thank you "Finless" for all your ROMs.

UPDATE:

I got good results in performance and stability using the Finless 1.8 rom with the 2dark4u kernel of 1.7 rom.

0.00%
    60.00%
    40.00%
    Other (post in the comment, please)
    0.00%
    Last edited by Hunter; 04-20-2013, 00:14.

Re: This is my experience with the ROM's tested on some players

Good, we want constructive critics like yours, if there is a problem is good that people reports it to us, so things can be corrected.
    Some people reports usestability problems, and they have same problems with stock rom, so it is not a Rom problem, a lot of times power supply, some times install roms for other devices, etc... Goods reports from people are very appreciated for developers.
    Thanks for your reports.
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
      Good, we want constructive critics like yours, if there is a problem is good that people reports it to us, so things can be corrected.
      Some people reports usestability problems, and they have same problems with stock rom, so it is not a Rom problem, a lot of times power supply, some times install roms for other devices, etc... Goods reports from people are very appreciated for developers.
      Thanks for your reports.
      Thanks for the reply, and yes, I'm having some problem with power supply, 1/3 devices have problems because the power supply...

UPDATE:

I got good results in performance and stability using the Finless 1.8 rom with the 2dark4u kernel of 1.7 rom.

Using in ug802 and mk802-III.
      Cx803 and ug80x WIFI not work....

Comment

Working...
      X