Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cyanogen10 Android 4.2.2 Rom for RK3066 Devices(1 SEP 2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyanogen10 Android 4.2.2 Rom for RK3066 Devices(1 SEP 2013)

Hi

I just installed CM10 on my MK808B and it runs great.
    It can work on any Rockchip TV Stick, you just have to install the right kernel for your device then wifi is working. There are also versions for RK3188.

Download link: http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?p=1913

Some improvements that would be great

1. Bluetooth support - I rekon it doesn't have all the bluetooth folders/files from system from the Rockchip stock roms, maybe this can be included.

2. Resolution - At the moment I can't find a setting to change the resolution eg. 720,1080p, can this be included.

3. The back button on the Mele Flymouse F10 doesn't work, you have to click back on the status bar.

4. Android keyboard - An Android keyboard doesn't popup, I only managed to use my hardware Mele keyboard for input.

5. Libstagefright Support - The libstagefright.so file from Rockchip.

6. Hardware Acceleration - I found one of the tweak apps included can enable it.

7. Developer settings in Settings Menu - This is not enabled at the moment.

8. Language - Change the default language to English instead of German.

9. Build prop - Tweak it to improve performance of device.

If a rom developer can improve this rom it will be great, as it's so much better than the stock Rockchip roms.
    Last edited by mo123; 09-14-2013, 15:45.

R: Cyanogen10 Android 4.2.2 Rom for RK3066 Devices(1 SEP 2013)

This are great news....can you tell us more about this rom:
    how is the wifi strenght?
    Did you run some benchmark?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9000 con Tapatalk 2

Comment

Can you elaborate a little more, how to install ? are you using the stock kernel?Thanks... i think that @Finless will be very interested...

Comment

Originally posted by cmgonzalez View Post
        Can you elaborate a little more, how to install ? are you using the stock kernel?Thanks... i think that @Finless will be very interested...
        I used Alpha 2, don't know if Alpha 4 will work.
        I also used a 3.0.8 MK808B kernel from the kernels page on their site.
        It run quite good, but I couldn't find a place to change the resolution in settings, maybe because tablets have a fixed resolution. Wifi, RK903 also worked but not bluetooth.

I used normal Finless RKAndroidTool v1.37 to flash the rom and replaced the kernel.

Comment

On MK808(not B) i have reboot every 5minute and then stuck on bootimage... I am using kizs 720p kernel because i can not install finless kernel.

Sent from my iOCEAN X7 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

How?

Hi,
            How did you manage that? I downloaded it and tried to flash it on my MK808. It boots to CWM with a lot of error messages, can't do any wipe data etc and always reboots back to CWM.

I suspect that the parameter file is not good for the MK808 that I have (bought from geekbuying).

Now I am trying without flashing the parameter file, just after a stock firmware flash. So this time it passed from CWM but got stuck in a screen full of garbage, then shutdown after 5 min.

I will try a different kernel now. Let me know how you managed to flash it (in detail please)

Comment

Yes, flashing a different kernel made it work. But this is no good to me as I was trying to get my USB ethernet to work with it, with the hope that opensource kernel of CM might have the up to date drivers, but since I had to change kernel, it's no use to me

Comment

I treid few kernels and only with kizis one mk808 boots in CM but only for 5 min and then again reboots. Today i will try only flash new kernel

Comment

Originally posted by SuhiJr View Post
                  I treid few kernels and only with kizis one mk808 boots in CM but only for 5 min and then again reboots. Today i will try only flash new kernel

Try booting with an Android 4.1, 3.0.8 MK808 kernel. Works for MK808B.
                  Can get one from an old Finless Rom, not the MK808 Finless 2.1 rom.
                  Also make sure to use the latest CWM - http://depositfiles.com/files/t0bwy0f3a

Comment

i try it witv cx803/v8
                    i used the kernel of your link site.
                    i change cwm with a work cwm
                    cx803 start.. but i have a messagge that battery is low.... and after few minutes i have a messagge that it off...... same same when you have battery low in your phone or tablet....
                    it is a bug?

update
                    i va eused a finless 3.08 kernel...
                    now the stick start... no ahve message of battery low and it don't off...
                    but wirelesse no work .-)

and i no hjave possibility to change resolution too
                    Last edited by angelobiz; 10-12-2013, 18:12.

Comment

i don't remember the file extencio

wireless does work for mk808b, if your using mk808 enable init.d support, with the pimpmyrom app edit usblan file, i dont remember filename exactly.. but you''ll see when your enable it
                      and add:

insmod /system/etc/modules/8188eu.ko
                      make sure init.d is enabled,restart and it should work

the only thing is i tried different kernels, exampl: finless 1.7, finless 2.0 beta witch is 4.2.2 / 3.0.8 kernel
                      omegamoon 720 kernel ect.
                      but when starting android indeed 1/4 of the screen will be used
                      now with omegamoon there are options init.d or true adb to change resolution, but that also didnt the job, i tryd finless 2.0 kernel + boot image but that also resulted in the same details

so im guessing its some where in the system files ? or ko files ?

Comment

Enable development options

To enable development options just tap 5 times on build number.

Comment

i don't remember the file extencio

Originally posted by stefan555 View Post
                          wireless does work for mk808b, if your using mk808 enable init.d support, with the pimpmyrom app edit usblan file, i dont remember filename exactly.. but you''ll see when your enable it
                          and add:

insmod /system/etc/modules/8188eu.ko
                          make sure init.d is enabled,restart and it should work

the only thing is i tried different kernels, exampl: finless 1.7, finless 2.0 beta witch is 4.2.2 / 3.0.8 kernel
                          omegamoon 720 kernel ect.
                          but when starting android indeed 1/4 of the screen will be used
                          now with omegamoon there are options init.d or true adb to change resolution, but that also didnt the job, i tryd finless 2.0 kernel + boot image but that also resulted in the same details

so im guessing its some where in the system files ? or ko files ?
                          I have trying to getting it in full screen for some days byt it wos not easy.
                          My MK802IIISBs kernel its uppscaling 720 to 1080P and the CM desktop its VGA or somthing very small.
                          Wos finding a very good buldin command in Android its am.
                          "am display-size 1920x1080" then the desktop its being real HD but its still showing in the small window
                          If You is getting it wrong with am you can allweys resetting with "am display-size reset".

Then I wos by mistake disconecting the HDMI cabel and then I putting it in I wos havein the HD screen in full screen !!

Have trying it manny times and its working with that trick, its a bug they wos talking of in Picbunto forum that the kernel dont reading the screen rigth.

I using the newest 4.1 kernel from RM and its rescaling the 1080 desktop to 720 and then upscaling it too 1080P so its not looking very nice but its mutch better then the VGA desktop om 1080P

Have trying the newest 4.22 kernel and its little large so must using the 12 mb parameterfile insted of the normal. CWM its looking very nice then its in real 1080P but the kernel its booting but the screen its being black after the kernelboot so its not working for the moment

One hint dowload the "Oma_RK30_3.0.36+_CWM_6.0.3.1" and flashing that recovery (its withou kernel so its using Yours in You installing) it with the rest and You normal (stock)kernel. The normal CWM dont have suport for USB devices!! Also putt "Oma RK30 CM10.1 Format NAND" on the SD card and install it with the first boot in recovery and Your internal SD and internal storage its working from beginning.

I sud trying geting the wifi working but have a Asixs USBlan that working out of the box so its being the next if not the 4.22 1080P RealHD kernel
                          MK802IIIS/BT

Comment

Great!I will try~~~

Comment

problem with Cyanogen10 Android 4.2.2 Rom for RK3066 Devices

hi
                              i download this rom and install it
                              but after finish run in RKAndroidTool my tablet reset and after it i just see a black screen!!!
                              i think my recovery is damaged! now i want to put a new recovery to my tablet but i dont know what should i do!!becouse after reset and black screen when i plug the usb cable into tablet and pc nothing happend.jut screen of tablet became on with a black screen.
                              i try to put a new recovery by RKAndroidTool i just see no find device for upgrating!
                              pls help ....
                              (my device is cube u21gt rk3066)

Comment

Working...
                              X