Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

before I take the plunge has anyone here got this KK ROM working with Mk808b rk3066 v1 clone with Mediatek Wifi/BT chipset?

Comment

Is there anyone here who got this ROM to run on a UG007-II?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

Originally posted by Wizzy View Post
        before I take the plunge has anyone here got this KK ROM working with Mk808b rk3066 v1 clone with Mediatek Wifi/BT chipset?
        ..there's really no telling until you try it yourself. So far reports say MK809II, iMito MX1/MX2, MK802IIIS(B) and MK806B all with MTK chipset are fully powered by this ROM.

As with all thing TV sticks, the sheer variety of hardware configurations makes it a shot in the dark as to whether or not a given ROM/hardware combo will work.

If you have the MTK RK3066 chipset, it should work, but until you flash it and try, our guess is as good as yours.

Comment

Ethernet Connection Problem

I have my MX1 connected to a powered USB hub and use a USB to Ethernet adaptor.

The MX1 is powered by the large USB connector.

I have a wireless dongle plugged into the USB hub to link in with my AirMouse keyboard

Kitkat runs well but I have problem on every reboot with Ethernet (I have WiFi off)

On reboot Ethernet remains enabled but it does not connect (this irrespective of the state of the WiFi)

To get connected to Ethernet I have to turn it off, then turn on WiFi and wait for it to connect, then turn on Ethernet (still no connection) then turn of WiFi at which stage it it the connects to Ethernet.

Any ideas and thanks for the Kitkat update - great stuff!!

Comment

Originally posted by enviro8 View Post
            I have my MX1 connected to a powered USB hub and use a USB to Ethernet adaptor.

The MX1 is powered by the large USB connector.

I have a wireless dongle plugged into the USB hub to link in with my AirMouse keyboard

Kitkat runs well but I have problem on every reboot with Ethernet (I have WiFi off)

On reboot Ethernet remains enabled but it does not connect (this irrespective of the state of the WiFi)

To get connected to Ethernet I have to turn it off, then turn on WiFi and wait for it to connect, then turn on Ethernet (still no connection) then turn of WiFi at which stage it it the connects to Ethernet.

Any ideas and thanks for the Kitkat update - great stuff!!
            That sounds like a horrible experience (what a routine). I don't use ethernet so maybe somebody else here who does can help. Good luck!

Comment

Can people share their antutu scores, please? I'm wondering if there's a difference in scores across devices

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
                Can people share their antutu scores, please? I'm wondering if there's a difference in scores across devices
                Here's mine using your overclocked 1080p Kernel (kernelHOT.img): 10073
                JUSTOP K9B (MK 809 II) Cortex A9 Dual Core 1.6Ghz / 1G RAM / 8GB NAND Flash

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-08-08-55-35.png
Views:	1
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	434030

Just changed my HDMI mode from 1280x720p-60 to 1920x1080p-60 and Antutu increased to 10659 from 10073. Odd as I'd expect it to drop. Btw Shomari, what CPU scaling are you using? I'm still on default - interactive
                Last edited by himmon; 07-08-2014, 09:23.

Comment

Same. I'm also on default. I keep mine running the overlay and framebuffer; I haven't changed it from 1280X720.

The reason the score jumped for you is the kernel uses less resources when running without the overlay. The overlay causes the 1080 kernel to scale the UI and some video to 720. With it off, there's less processing being done to get the picture to your screen. It's still internally rendering at 1080p even without setting the resolution to 1080.

Comment

Originally posted by himmon View Post
                    Here's mine using your overclocked 1080p Kernel (kernelHOT.img): 10073
                    JUSTOP K9B (MK 809 II) Cortex A9 Dual Core 1.6Ghz / 1G RAM / 8GB NAND Flash

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7013[/ATTACH]

Just changed my HDMI mode from 1280x720p-60 to 1920x1080p-60 and Antutu increased to 10659 from 10073. Odd as I'd expect it to drop. Btw Shomari, what CPU scaling are you using? I'm still on default - interactive
                    ...your runtime is very slow. Mine runs at 1700, also your storage I/O is way below what it should be for this chipset.

Comment

...your runtime is very slow. Mine runs at 1700, also your storage I/O is way below what it should be for this chipset.
                      Probably cheap quality memory components onboard.

Comment

..my MX1 has dirt cheap Hynix NAND.

Comment

UPDATE:
                          These are Quad core RK3188 Roms within this post below, please ignore unless they're of some use to you as ROM's within this thread are RK3066 Dual Core Based.

UGOOS have posted two new KitKat ROM's today for MTK & AP6210 Chipsets.

Have no further details as to what exactly they are but here's the rar & img filenames.
                          andriod 4.4_MK809IIIUGOO7BQC802_MTK_public_20140704 - 4.4_T010_mtk5931_public_20140704.img

andriod 4.4_MK809IIIUGOO7BQC802_AP6210_public_20140704 -
                          4.4_T010_AP6210_public_20140704.img

Ugoos official downloads page
                          Last edited by himmon; 07-08-2014, 10:54.

Comment

Thanks for the link. They might have fixed the wireless problems optimummind and some others in MTK no man's land have been having

If anyone does test, can you please see if the new ROMs have any considerable improvements over the one in this thread?

I don't think I'll be fussing with the UGOOS ones too much but I'll check.

Comment

..my MX1 has dirt cheap Hynix NAND.

Havent opened mine to check although just checked PSU 5v 2000mA?? Possibly the issue?
                              Interestingly never had issues with it crashing etc.

Comment

i have MK2 with ap6210 - kitkat ready?

i have MK2 with ap6210
                                where can i find the kitkat rom for it?

Comment

Working...
                                X