Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what's the consensus on the Netflix app? Is it HD or not?

Wifi dropping out seems to be fixed but the slow speed is still a factor.

The 3D benchmarks are low but what about the games? anyone play any? Anyone compared to the 4.1 to the 4.2 to the 4.4?

And BT has been a pain for me and I think it is the Mx1's metal case. I may rip mine apart and put a heatsink and fan on it and load up the OC rom

And last but not least any app incompatibility? Anyone having issues with an app that simply wont install/run?

and an FYI I will be putting this rom on and testing to see if I can get my 750gig USB harddrive to be my NAND like I have setup right now on the 4.1 rom. So awesome to have 30+ LARGE games installed and still have 157 gigs availible for installation of more apps. Because I agree 8 gigs is not enough and especially when they cut that down to 2gig VIA the partition.

Comment

Does this ROM suffer from microstuttering on every video? I'm trying to find a solution to this problem ever since I own a RK3066 device. How is the Wi-Fi on this ROM - what speeds are you reaching? I can't try it right now, so I'm gathering opinions before flash.

Comment

My main wifi attains speeds of 100Mbps (actual speed not just wifi link) and other routers max their connection just as well.

Mine isn't in the same room as my router. Not even close. As far as micro-stutter, I'm very perceptive when it comes to video and I haven't had any micro-stutter on any of my RK3066 devices for at least a year. That's pretty much a solved issue, I think. No stutter at all on this ROM, and that's with the included stock kernel being 1080p w/ overlay.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
          My main wifi attains speeds of 100Mbps (actual speed not just wifi link) and other routers max their connection just as well.

Mine isn't in the same room as my router. Not even close. As far as micro-stutter, I'm very perceptive when it comes to video and I haven't had any micro-stutter on any of my RK3066 devices for at least a year. That's pretty much a solved issue, I think. No stutter at all on this ROM, and that's with the included stock kernel being 1080p w/ overlay.
          Thank you, Shomari. Now I'm gonna definitely try it out.

Comment

No problem. Be sure to enter the wifi settings > advanced and disable the battery saving optimizations to ensure best wireless performance.

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
              So what's the consensus on the Netflix app? Is it HD or not?
              It is not HD and it is not even 720p
              ~Gopichand Pai

Comment

Originally posted by gopichandpai View Post
                It is not HD and it is not even 720p
                Thanks for that. I just managed to get the rom flashed.

With that I am having a few issues.

I want to flash the 6gb parameter file. Can anyone give me a hand with that?

Finless's tool simply refuses to see the device and the RKbatch tool doesn't have a spot for the parameter file.

Comment

Finless's tool simply refuses to see the device and the RKbatch tool doesn't have a spot for the parameter file.
                  Don't know about the parameter file, haven't looked at the partitions for that purpose. KK is different, of course.

Use Rockchip Batch Tool 2.1 linked here in this thread.

The ROM has all the necessary components for Netflix HD that we know of, API level 19, DRM components, etc. Users report a max bitrate of 1750, same maximum as any other RK ROM at this point. My guess is it's up to Netflix to flip the HD switch, but that's for another thread and not really ROM specific.

Comment

Some Ideas

I had a number of problems with connection too. I found that you have to activate Developer Options, the with the dongle connected to both a PC and TV and the PC connected via the USB OTC AND USB power. With RK BatchTool opened, plug in everthing and go to Settings -> USB and make sure there is a tick next to Connect to PC. The unit always reboots with no tick.

You should hear a noise from your PC to indicate a connection and the RK BatchTool will confirm connection.

Comment

Internal memory Size

Hey, still working flawless at my device. What i would like to know if there is any possibility to increase system space from default 2gb to 4gb as in the finless rom?

Comment

Still no go with Finless flash tool so no parameter file yet.

I did learn the RKbatch tool needs a setting in the ini file for lowlevelusb=true as soon as I did that it connected.

Same for Netflix, no HD just 480.

AS for the rom it seems stable and decent.

Gonna try Apps2SD next but I don't like that app much as it is finicky.

Comment

The parameter file would be the best route for whatever partition changes you're going to make if stability is a factor. You won't get any 'suprises' down the line so make sure you fully understand what you're doing if you choose another route.

I recommend Link2SD not apps2sd and use the following guide for best results

Rather than recreate the wheel... Here is the developer's thread on Link2SD Read it thoroughly!!! Here are some links on Ext2, Ext3 and Ext4 file systems and why Ext 4 is preferable over Ext2 if you can do it with your ROM's kernel. Ext2...

Comment

Well progress has been made. Into a brick wall kinda but made.

Finless 1.35 rom app is up and running. I had to set the supportusb11 to 1 but it now sees the device and flashes it successfully.

Ok so I ran the unit with the 6gig par file and the 4.4.2 "broken out" img files and it took it. But it was stuck on the smart TV logo.

So I tried the reset button on my metal case MX1. Uhm... why does the paperclip seem to be scrapping across components.... one screw and one fingernail later and I had the case open. Inside I found no "button" anywhere.... hmmm red board... hmmmmmmmm UG??? yep! I have the UG board and needed to short the two pins. CRAP!!! oh well moving on.

So after I got it into download mode I ran the RKbatch tool and flashed the 4.4.2 and all was good.

Now back to this par file. So this time I unchecked all but the par file and the 4 IMG files that are accosiated with the 4.4.2 and flashed. SUCCESS!!! wait... nope... I get past the splash and into the rotating circles and that never goes anywhere.

So it seem that this new rom is not playing nice with the par files. Either that or the bootloader needs to be extracted... I simply cannot open the larg 4.4.2 IMG file. All the tools that are supposed to open it up fail. I have the individual img files from someone on here in page 3 or 4 or 5, don't remember, So can anyone extract the whole thing and uploaded it for me?

I am really curious and want to keep trying. I'll be working on my barn today but as I take breaks I'll look for posts.

Thanks

UPDATE: I found a tool that extracted the img. working on it to see if I can figure out the parameter file. comparing looks crazy but I think I can figure it out.... maybe Bob can stop by and give me a few pointers....

UPDATE!!!!!!! I figured it out and now have 5.91G of internal app storage! YES!!!!!! now I am going to get my 720 gig USB harddrive setup as the SDCARD and be all set!!!

If anyone wants I can setup the files and upload for 4 and 6 gigs.
                            Last edited by reddragon72; 07-13-2014, 17:06.

Comment

Well progress has been made. Into a brick wall kinda but made.

UPDATE: I found a tool that extracted the img. working on it to see if I can figure out the parameter file. comparing looks crazy but I think I can figure it out.... maybe Bob can stop by and give me a few pointers....

UPDATE!!!!!!! I figured it out and now have 5.91G of internal app storage! YES!!!!!! now I am going to get my 720 gig USB harddrive setup as the SDCARD and be all set!!!

If anyone wants I can setup the files and upload for 4 and 6 gigs.
                              Great job Reddragon72! what tool have you used to extract? Maybe you can share those parameters files!

Thanks

Comment

Thanks reddragon72. Please share the files and instructions if possible
                                ~Gopichand Pai

Comment

Working...
                                X