Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    @himmon

    Can you please run El Fuente: 60 MP10 or Example Short 23.976 on Netflix and report what is the maximum bit rate are you getting?
    ~Gopichand Pai

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by himmon View Post
      With original stock kernel 9734, although low, rom is much quicker with everything for me than 4.2.2. Video playback is super smooth with Netflix, Hulu Plus, Showbox, BBC iplayer etc. Can't seem to get xfinity TV Go to work though. CA certificate issue.
      That's a very low score for a fresh ROM. Is anyone else seeing such low benchmarks? It can't be that my tweaks are that impactful; but it is possible.

      With some more tweaking this ROM can match the benchmark scores of my MK808B. And I agree the overall 'feel' and 'smoothness' of this ROM is superb in comparison to even the highest overclocked 4.2 ROMs. XBMC performs very well indeed.


      Comment


        #48
        1080P Kernel

        Anybody notice the video.use.overlay=1 line in the build.prop?

        It seems the stock kernel is a 1080P kernel.

        It can be confirmed by setting screen density to 240 and changing the video overlay setting to 0.

        ro.sf.lcd_density=240
        video.use.overlay=0

        Makes sense now because ~2600-2700 is the antutu 3D score I get on my MK808B 4.2 with a 1080P kernel and that's what I get with this ROM on '720'; instead of ~2900 which is what I get with an actual 720P kernel.
        Last edited by Shomari; 07-02-2014, 20:42.

        Comment


          #49
          Re: Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

          Originally posted by Shomari View Post
          Have you guys having trouble with wifi speed tried turning off the energy saving wifi settings in wifi>advanced?

          I get speeds as fast the chip can handle and I haven't modded anything. Tried two routers same result. OC kernel but that shouldn't make too much of a difference re: link/throughput.
          How do we flash kernel? I would like to try that.

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by dfgas View Post
            How do we flash kernel? I would like to try that.
            Use Finless ROM Flash Tool v1.3.7, select Shomari's Kernel only then flash from bootloader.

            Comment


              #51
              Unstable on MK809II

              Hey guys, I've tested this rom on a MK809II and everything worked fine as it was powered by my laptop, but when i've chage the cable to original power supply, it doesn't load, just shows the first splash, then the animated circles then goes to black and off...

              I've connect again to flash the OC Kernel, but keep the same...

              Any thoughts??

              Cheers and thanks!

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by gatorojo View Post
                Hey guys, I've tested this rom on a MK809II and everything worked fine as it was powered by my laptop, but when i've chage the cable to original power supply, it doesn't load, just shows the first splash, then the animated circles then goes to black and off...

                I've connect again to flash the OC Kernel, but keep the same...

                Any thoughts??

                Cheers and thanks!
                Sounds like a power supply issue. Have you tried again with the laptop that originally allowed the device to work properly? If you go back to the laptop and everything works then it's surely a power issue.

                I have a 3.5A power supply running mine.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by Shomari View Post
                  Sounds like a power supply issue. Have you tried again with the laptop that originally allowed the device to work properly? If you go back to the laptop and everything works then it's surely a power issue.

                  I have a 3.5A power supply running mine.
                  Thanks for replying. My supply its a 1A while USB gives 0,5A so it is strange and this only happend with this ROM.

                  Maybe its something else.. I'll try to figure out

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by gatorojo View Post
                    Thanks for replying. My supply its a 1A while USB gives 0,5A so it is strange and this only happend with this ROM.

                    Maybe its something else.. I'll try to figure out

                    Your USB is likely giving out much more juice than that. In fact, I always do my testing of OC kernels connected to PC because it gives the most consistent, sufficient juice/current.

                    You'd be surprised just how crappy typical cheap power supplies commonly used with tv sticks are compared to a good/moderately decent PC power supply.

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Thank you for this terrific ROM.

                      Could you please tell me what Linux compatible (separate .img files) use rkflashkit: mean ? Diffirent between stock rom with linux compatible rom ?

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by himmon View Post
                        Seems to be an issue with location services. Have no way of switching it on as it's grayed out. Any one else have this issue? Tried Google maps etc.
                        Yes, I have the same issue.
                        ~Gopichand Pai

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Those who have Netflix please test "El Fuente: 60 MP10" or "Example Short 23.976" and report what is the maximum bit rate are you getting(please also mention if you are on overlocked kernel or stock kernel)? I am trying to figure out if Netlifx HD is possible with this ROM and only bitrate test can confirm it.
                          ~Gopichand Pai

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by gopichandpai View Post
                            Those who have Netflix please test "El Fuente: 60 MP10" or "Example Short 23.976" and report what is the maximum bit rate are you getting(please also mention if you are on overlocked kernel or stock kernel)? I am trying to figure out if Netlifx HD is possible with this ROM and only bitrate test can confirm it.
                            I'm sorry Gopichand, I'd test but I don;t have a Netflix subscription. This ROM is API level 19 and as such meets the basic minimum requirements for Netflix HD streaming.

                            Other than that you may just have to wait for another user to confirm as you'd like or download the ROM and test yourself, if possible.

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by dathihi View Post
                              Thank you for this terrific ROM.

                              Could you please tell me what Linux compatible (separate .img files) use rkflashkit: mean ? Diffirent between stock rom with linux compatible rom ?
                              Thos users on Linux familiar with flashing RK ROMs will understand. It's the same untouched factory ROM split into separate .img files for flashing with rkflashkit in Linux environment.

                              info: http://www.cnx-software.com/2013/11/...ware-in-linux/

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Originally posted by gopichandpai View Post
                                Yes, I have the same issue.
                                Location services are not enabled in this ROM, like many tv stick ROMs as of late as these are generally not regarded as 'true' mobile devices.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X