X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logaritm
    replied
    reinstalled the rom with avion kernel, all work fine EXCEPT one minor bug: the device doesn't resume after stand by.
    I only have the option to unplug the power supply because on mouse click it doesn't came back to life.
    any ideas how to fix this?

Leave a comment:

• aldinezi
    replied
    Originally posted by logaritm View Post
    hi avion,
    i changed the kernel because sometimes when device came back after stand by there was no sound on hdmi. it's not the kernel responsable for freezing but your kernel contains the audio fix.

the device freezes when i'm running youtube videos. I'll try to set back to dalvik, maybe do a fresh install and hope it will work. i didn't save the stock firmware, I hope I'll find a fix for this.
    i had the same issue, with both roms and kernels.. only solution was to revert to 4.2

i noticed that on this 4.4 rom http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....-44-stock.html , there were no issues like above.. but, it doesn't have right GPIOs to turn on wifi and bt, for mtk chipsets.

Leave a comment:

• logaritm
    replied
    thank you very much!
    i'll try and get back with feedback.

Leave a comment:

• avion
    replied
    hi avion,
    i changed the kernel because sometimes when device came back after stand by there was no sound on hdmi. it's not the kernel responsable for freezing but your kernel contains the audio fix.

the device freezes when i'm running youtube videos. I'll try to set back to dalvik, maybe do a fresh install and hope it will work. i didn't save the stock firmware, I hope I'll find a fix for this.
    Well if mine kernel is working fine four you, you could try my moded ROM found here on the forums :

It's basically based on shomary release with some updates and tweaks

Leave a comment:

• logaritm
    replied
    hi avion,

Leave a comment:

• avion
    replied
    hy guys,
    I have flashed my MK809II with RK30_dongle_mtk_4.4_140617.img, installed CWM, root the image, upgrade to the latest kernel (kernel-01_30_2015.7z) by avion, set the runtime to art (upgraded the google apps)

All work fine but sometimes (pretty often) the device is freezing (the screen goes blank) and i must unplugged the device in order to reboot.

Is there any workaround for this? The device did the same thing before the kernel upgrade.
    Should i re-flash the device? I like the image itțs much better that the stock firmware but i don't like this problems.

thank you,
    Costin
    Hi,
    well obviously it's not the kernel since you change it and the issue persist. Did you try without the art runtime? (I've experienced some issues with it as well and I'm currently running on dalvik)
    If that doesn't help then there is nothing else to do but to change the firmware as there is something in it that causes this freezing (it might be some wrong pin setup or who knows what else)..

Leave a comment:

• logaritm
    replied
    hy guys,
    I have flashed my MK809II with RK30_dongle_mtk_4.4_140617.img, installed CWM, root the image, upgrade to the latest kernel (kernel-01_30_2015.7z) by avion, set the runtime to art (upgraded the google apps)

All work fine but sometimes (pretty often) the device is freezing (the screen goes blank) and i must unplugged the device in order to reboot.

Is there any workaround for this? The device did the same thing before the kernel upgrade.
    Should i re-flash the device? I like the image itțs much better that the stock firmware but i don't like this problems.

thank you,
    Costin

Leave a comment:

• avion
    replied
    Originally posted by webmaven View Post
    It is not clear to me on how to install KitKat on my MX1. In installed the CWM but all links are either broken or need a password. Where can I find the img or zip needed for CWM to install KitKat on the MX1 Please let me know I would like to update the software.

I have Downloaded the RK30_dongle_mtk_4.4_140617.7Z is this what I use for CWM?

Please help.

Also has the WiFi issue been resoled for MX1?
    That's not for the CWM, we don't have cwm version. This one you flash with AndroidTool 2.1. You have a youtube video explaining how to flash it (I think it's on the first page).
    AndroidTool can be downloaded here:

1. Open the "Upgrade Firmware" Tab
    2. Press "Firmare" button and select RK30_dongle_mtk_4.4_140617.img
    (this you have in that .7z file, you need to extract it with winrar or 7zip)
    3. Press "Erase Firmware" and wait until its done
    4. Press "Upgrade" and wait until its finished
    5. Wait further 5 minutes, at it needs to start few scripts after upgrading

Leave a comment:

• webmaven
    replied
    How to install KitKat 4.4.2 on Imito MX1

It is not clear to me on how to install KitKat on my MX1. In installed the CWM but all links are either broken or need a password. Where can I find the img or zip needed for CWM to install KitKat on the MX1 Please let me know I would like to update the software.

I have Downloaded the RK30_dongle_mtk_4.4_140617.7Z is this what I use for CWM?

Please help.

Also has the WiFi issue been resoled for MX1?

Leave a comment:

• uniextra
    replied
    thanks Avion for al development hope it get to good port since my WIFI performance is really poor..

also a pending point to solve is location services, link on first page is down.... could you merge the fix with your kernel?

thank

Leave a comment:

• digger
    replied
    Originally posted by avion View Post
    Ok I've fixed that issue. I had to hack the usb otg code and apply a fix from tegra SOC (found on freaktab).

Here is a working kernel with latest asix driver:

This adds support for some new asix chips and products. I'm not sure if it will increase the speed of the ethernet. Basically there might be different tweaks not related directly to the driver, more recent code for rk3066 SOC used in the stock kernel that makes its net go faster etc.
    Flashed it. Works but speed is up to 17-18Mbps.
    I change kernels only nothing else. When I flash stock/shomari kernel back I have ~90Mbps. So I think it's not requiered any additional tweak in system and some kind of optimization has already done.

Leave a comment:

• avion
    replied
    Originally posted by digger View Post
    I would be gratefull if you found your time to fix this problem
    Ok I've fixed that issue. I had to hack the usb otg code and apply a fix from tegra SOC (found on freaktab).

Here is a working kernel with latest asix driver:

This adds support for some new asix chips and products. I'm not sure if it will increase the speed of the ethernet. Basically there might be different tweaks not related directly to the driver, more recent code for rk3066 SOC used in the stock kernel that makes its net go faster etc.

Leave a comment:

• digger
    replied
    Ouch... , I'll try to debug it and see if there is any way to make it work with this kernel. Unfortunately sources from which I'm compiling are surely quite different from the original sources used for the stock kernel. So this is best effort to have everything working at least in some usable state.

I'll be releasing modded ROM with some build.prop tweaks for the LAN/ETH but that shouldn't make much difference. At the same time I'm planning to release the source (with all the changes / bugfixes to the kernel) on the git. So anyone with some basic linux skills will be able to compile it's own kernel.
    I would be gratefull if you found your time to fix this problem

Leave a comment:

• avion
    replied
    Originally posted by digger View Post
    Thanks friend,
    I've just tried it.
    Unfortunately this one cannot see my adapter too
    Ouch... , I'll try to debug it and see if there is any way to make it work with this kernel. Unfortunately sources from which I'm compiling are surely quite different from the original sources used for the stock kernel. So this is best effort to have everything working at least in some usable state.

I'll be releasing modded ROM with some build.prop tweaks for the LAN/ETH but that shouldn't make much difference. At the same time I'm planning to release the source (with all the changes / bugfixes to the kernel) on the git. So anyone with some basic linux skills will be able to compile it's own kernel.

Leave a comment:

• digger
    replied
    Here goes the new one with fixed aligning (forced to 4byte align trough DEFINE):

Thanks friend,
    I've just tried it.
    Unfortunately this one cannot see my adapter too

Leave a comment:

Working...
X