X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avion
    replied
    Originally posted by digger View Post
    Thank you very much for your attempt to improve our life and solve my(common) Lan speed issue.
    I'm sorry but this newest kernel doesn't recognize my USB-Ethernet adapter at all.
    Shomari's/chinese stock kernel provides me with speed about 90Mbps in case I use this adapter.
    Your previous kernel managed to produce up to 30Mbps via Lan.
    Concerning Wlan performance...
    Both your kernels have wifi connection speed 65Mbps while Shomari's/chinese stock kernels have 135 at the same spatial placement. Real speed is up to 50Mbps for Shomari's/chinese kernels and up to 17-18Mbps for your ones.
    I'll be glad to test something else if you have your ideas and strenghts to compile
    I think I've found the issue with new driver:
    DWC_OTG: dwc_otg_hcd_urb_enqueue urb->transfer_buffer address not align to 4-byte 0xd468eec2

It seems that defaults have been changed in this new (or the old one had overridden values in the asix.h).
    Here goes the new one with fixed aligning (forced to 4byte align trough DEFINE):

I'll test this new compiled kernel probably later If I manage to get some free time.

Transfer speed relays heavily on processor frequency, so If you use 1.600 overclocked kernel you will get higher speed. (I've tested this on stock kernel and mine)

I'm quite happy with WLAN speeds, on old Finless roms and stock shomari I coulnd't get over the 750 kb/s transfers (using ES FILE MNGR), while using latest compiled kernel I could transfer with 2 mb/s over the LAN. So basically this are not exact speeds but just a quick comparisons.
    Last edited by avion; 01-29-2015, 21:58.

Leave a comment:

• digger
    replied
    Originally posted by avion View Post
    Here it goes, latest asix driver compiled in the kernel:

Kernel is overclocked (1600/400/533) so you should use setCPU or other app to setup it's max/min frequencies together with some governor (don't use performance with large max value as it will cook your stick).
    Other additions are as before: fixed HDMI sound, compiled in tun.ko, ntfs filesystem (rw support) etc.
    Thank you very much for your attempt to improve our life and solve my(common) Lan speed issue.
    I'm sorry but this newest kernel doesn't recognize my USB-Ethernet adapter at all.
    Shomari's/chinese stock kernel provides me with speed about 90Mbps in case I use this adapter.
    Your previous kernel managed to produce up to 30Mbps via Lan.
    Concerning Wlan performance...
    Both your kernels have wifi connection speed 65Mbps while Shomari's/chinese stock kernels have 135 at the same spatial placement. Real speed is up to 50Mbps for Shomari's/chinese kernels and up to 17-18Mbps for your ones.
    I'll be glad to test something else if you have your ideas and strenghts to compile

Leave a comment:

• avion
    replied
    Latest ASIX usb lan driver

Here it goes, latest asix driver compiled in the kernel:

Kernel is overclocked (1600/400/533) so you should use setCPU or other app to setup it's max/min frequencies together with some governor (don't use performance with large max value as it will cook your stick).
    Other additions are as before: fixed HDMI sound, compiled in tun.ko, ntfs filesystem (rw support) etc.

Leave a comment:

• avion
    replied
    Originally posted by digger View Post
    Hi Avion,
    Thank you for your work!
    Tried to flash your kernel on my UG007 which had experienced sound issue with shomari kernel.
    It's great, stick has obtained a voice!
    But I have bumped into two another new problems. Wlan and Lan(I use 100% tested USB-Ethernet adapter) speed is too low.
    I'm not going to use wifi/BT but Lan speed is most important thing to me.
    My UG007 has excellent speed with shomari kernel, but it's mute.
    Would you be so kind to change 88772 driver to some better or newer one?
    Kind regards
    Well personally I'm using both (asix usb adapter and the wifi module) and sometimes I'm detecting poor WLAN speed (about 750-900 kbs) but on other hand I did measured it once on the same kernel by copying a 500mb file over the LAN and I've managed to get almost 2mbs.
    I still didn't find out what would be the reason for this changes in speed. Only thing different is that I enabled ART cache and I'm suspicious that it's somehow degrading the functionality of the WLAN.
    I'll be doing some tests with asix Ethernet, and I'll share my finding here. This speed issue might be caused also by under-clocked kernel speed (not in my case as I'm keeping it at 1500).

Asix usb driver in mine kernel is "4.1.1" while latest available druver sources on the asix site are "4.16.0", so I'll try to merge that and compile it later today. It won't hurt to have latest driver.

Leave a comment:

• digger
    replied
    Hi Avion,
    Thank you for your work!
    Tried to flash your kernel on my UG007 which had experienced sound issue with shomari kernel.
    It's great, stick has obtained a voice!
    But I have bumped into two another new problems. Wlan and Lan(I use 100% tested USB-Ethernet adapter) speed is too low.
    I'm not going to use wifi/BT but Lan speed is most important thing to me.
    My UG007 has excellent speed with shomari kernel, but it's mute.
    Would you be so kind to change 88772 driver to some better or newer one?
    Kind regards

Leave a comment:

• avion
    replied
    Originally posted by Pramones5 View Post
    Did as above. Still get youtube ads.
    Ok, try to add this as well to the blacklist:
    I.ytimg.com

Leave a comment:

• Pramones5
    replied
    Youtube ads

Did as above. Still get youtube ads.

Leave a comment:

• avion
    replied
    Originally posted by Pramones5 View Post
    Sorry for my broken english.

Install Imito_Mod_4.4_1080p_v1.0.3_by_goblin88, then GApps_Light_4.4.x_signed (CWM).

Now able to go ART runtime (ART on my Mk 809II is incredible smooth).

Problem is Youtube ads.
    How to block Youtube ads (on ART) without Xposed? Xposed Framework is not compatible with ART.

Any help?
    I think goblin88 ROM has already AddAway, so basically you would only need to add sources for that case .. something like this :

Leave a comment:

• Pramones5
    replied
    Youtube ads

Sorry for my broken english.

Install Imito_Mod_4.4_1080p_v1.0.3_by_goblin88, then GApps_Light_4.4.x_signed (CWM).

Now able to go ART runtime (ART on my Mk 809II is incredible smooth).

Problem is Youtube ads.
    How to block Youtube ads (on ART) without Xposed? Xposed Framework is not compatible with ART.

Any help?

Leave a comment:

• uniextra
    replied
    flashed avio kernel and tunnels work perfect now! only pending from my side is Yomvi app...

now i can whatch netflix and hulu perfect!

Leave a comment:

• cripubu
    replied
    Open the settings and scroll to “Build Number” and then quickly tap it (click) 7 times.
    This was it!!! Thank you so much .

By the way: avion in spanish means aeroplane, and you are really flying high!!!

Leave a comment:

• avion
    replied
    Originally posted by cripubu View Post
    Hi everybody!
    After quite a while of playing around i finally managed to install this fantastic rom on my imito mx2. Everything works fine, so far, Just that there are no developer options. I wanted to root the Device, but cannot enable usb debugging, so i am also unable to flqsh the rom again... Anybody have an idea, plsssssss
    Open the settings and scroll to “Build Number” and then quickly tap it (click) 7 times.

Leave a comment:

• cripubu
    replied
    developer options missing

Hi everybody!
    After quite a while of playing around i finally managed to install this fantastic rom on my imito mx2. Everything works fine, so far, Just that there are no developer options. I wanted to root the Device, but cannot enable usb debugging, so i am also unable to flqsh the rom again... Anybody have an idea, plsssssss

Leave a comment:

• avion
    replied
    Originally posted by uniextra View Post
    can you post a link to your kernel? is it possible to load it with from recovery?
    Here you go :

It's not a recovery version, you need to flash it with android tools 2.1 (I've posted link and explanation few posts earlier).

Leave a comment:

• uniextra
    replied
    If you are using mine kernel it doesn't need the tun.ko as it has it compiled in (integrated with the kernel). I've created the module for the stock kernel.

Anyway you can check if the module was loaded with :
    lsmod
    after doing:
    insmod tun.ko

And also post your dmesg after loading the module (if your'e using the stock kernel)
    can you post a link to your kernel? is it possible to load it with from recovery?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X