X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joaoluizt
    replied
    Originally posted by Shomari View Post
    Those of you with iMito MX1/MX2, UG007II, MK809II, J21 and MK808B with MTK chipset are in luck; Kit Kat 4.4.2 is now fully functional on RK3066 for your devices.

Overclocked Kernel - 1080p (try at your own risk - CPU 1608/GPU 400/DDR 600): https://mega.co.nz/#!6N5RVIBD!48i4hG...g85DAQ7LYSUahE

OC Kernel - CWM flashable: http://ge.tt/8IXOyRn1/v/0?c

Stock factory kernel is 1080p ← (click for info)
    stock speeds are CPU 1512/GPU 240/DDR 396

ROM MIRROR (faster): https://mega.co.nz/#!6cJkWDDY!-VT74e...kqkTYcjPm_KVn4

Linux compatible (separate .img files) use rkflashkit: https://mega.co.nz/#!mEJ21QjS!X7kAQw...aAMbf2OvZF6Dpo

Factory download link ↓:

CWM: Download Arctools https://mega.co.nz/#!zNpiSTZB!DIy4BR...aHVlfLfglAWA8I and select (OMA / CrewRKTablets) CWM Recovery 6.0.3.1 for Android 4.4.2 KitKat on RK tablets (loader Gen2) in packages. Download and install, reboot. You must select the Oma package for full CWM compatibility.

Users experiencing 'android is upgrading' on every reboot - click here for fix (thanks to himmon)

Click here to Enable Location Services in ROM

Passthrough audio - YES

...thanks to dfgas for confirming this ROM is Netflix HD capable. (video below)

Does anyone know how to make full backup of the Rom in .img file? I want to save the rom in the actual satate , with all applications and settings. Thank U

Leave a comment:

• avion
    replied
    Working MX2 Kernel with fixed sound

Ok, guys I've managed to find kernel source and successfully compile it with sound fix mentioned before. Unfortunately wifi and bluetooth are not working right now. Major issue at least for me was the sound, I have an usb ethernet adapter that works so I'm able to use this ROM on regular basic. I'll keep trying to fix the WIFI and BT drivers (I already have gpio dumps).
    This sound fix should also prevent sound issue after suspend (not confirmed yet)

For anyone else interested you can get this kernel here :
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Flash procedure:
    1. Open AndroidTool 2.1
    2. Select "Download Image" tab
    3. Clear all the checkboxes except the "4. Kernel"
    4. Click in 5th cell, browse / select the kernel.img
    5. Click "Run" button

Wait few minutes, disconnect your imito and you're ready to go

PS. Since I've saw that some of you needed the tun.ko module, here it is (working with my kernel and it should be compatible with stock 3.0.36+ kernel as well)
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!
    Last edited by avion; 01-03-2015, 17:11.

Leave a comment:

• ddubz
    replied
    Andoer mk809II came with 4.4.2 on it. Model number rk3066. So I tried to use arc tools to flash cwm recovery and now when I boot to recovery I get no input on screen it turns blue and says no source. Any ideas that can help me

Leave a comment:

• avion
    replied
    Originally posted by duendedoz View Post
    Hi, I updated my tv stick using the rom of this thread, Have the stock rom and have to press a buttom next to the microsd. First of all have some issues with Wifi, but now is working but my problem is that it freezes everytime I watch some video I opened and the rockchip chip is so heat. I can't use thestick like this but now I can get the flash mode pressing the buttom that I mencioned on the beginning to change the rom to other one. What Can I do?? Please help me...
    You probably forget to change USB cable to OTG port, happened to me more than once during the flashing..

Leave a comment:

• duendedoz
    replied
    Hi, I updated my tv stick using the rom of this thread, Have the stock rom and have to press a buttom next to the microsd. First of all have some issues with Wifi, but now is working but my problem is that it freezes everytime I watch some video I opened and the rockchip chip is so heat. I can't use thestick like this but now I can get the flash mode pressing the buttom that I mencioned on the beginning to change the rom to other one. What Can I do?? Please help me...

Leave a comment:

• avion
    replied
    Sound issue

Hi guys,
    @Shomari this is really great ROM, much faster and slicker than finless 2.0 that I've used. Unfortunately my imito mx2 has that weird HDMI sound issue so basically until this gets fixed It's quite unuseful. I can confirm that finless and stock rom had that SIMC fix in the kernel, I've flashed them back and looked into the dmesg, when it doesn't get EDID response it switches by default to HDMI instead of DVI like this one. Can someone give me the kernel source, or apply that fix so I can use this kitkat beauty at last ?

Leave a comment:

• TJLT
    replied
    How to control

Mine is doing that. I have a Tianle TL869 which has no buttons and I control with a usb optical mouse. It stops halfway saying signature failed and its not letting me control it with the mouse. And thats the only screen im getting at this point. PLEASE READ ME!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Braaainz
    replied
    I have a UG007ii and do not own a computer. The stick serves as my computer (one helluva time rooting it initially, let me tell ya )

Any chance there is a CWM flashable KitKat ROM with working wifi?

Leave a comment:

• uniextra
    replied
    i cant get VPN working on this since tun.ko module is missing from the kernel. any help?

Leave a comment:

• chsmith1976
    replied
    Peripheral Issues

OK, so I figured out/found workarounds for most of the issues I had with this ROM, but one REALLY annoying one remains.

The stick crashes from time to time (usually when left on overnight) - which is something I could live with, but the big problem is that I have to unplug EVERYTHING attached to it and wait until I get to the Android home screen before I can plug in peripherals (USB mouse & ethernet adapter). If I just pull power and put it back in with the other USB peripherals plugged in, the ROM gets stuck on the dancing circles boot screen and never makes it to the android home screen.

I've tried using other power adapters from the HP Tocuhpad (2.1A), the OnePlus One (2A) and even bought a 3A adapter, but all have the same problem. Also, I don't think heat is the issue as I can't get to the android home screen if everything is plugged in from a device that has been unplugged for an hour, so I don't see how the cpu could overheat just booting from a cold start - and the box doesn't really freeze, it just get stuck on the boot screen.

Would love to be able to fix this issue as it's a real PITA to have to get behind my receivers to unplug all the cables, wait for android desktop and plug everything back in a couple of times a day.

Edit: This is with stock kernel with NO overclocking whatsoever.
    Last edited by chsmith1976; 12-23-2014, 22:46. Reason: Edit

Leave a comment:

• cooleye
    replied
    I try this rom with MK819. WiFi works perfect but analog tv-out and lan are not working.

Leave a comment:

• jali
    replied
    BT problems

I bought an mk808b with already install 4.4.2. Everything work wifi is excellent.But i have a problem with the bluetooth. Although it works and it search the other bluetooth devices (like keyboard) and also connected the connected keyboard or mouse don't react with the tv box. Do you have any idea;

Leave a comment:

• himmon
    replied
    Originally posted by Kozon View Post
    Hello toperez!

The password is not good, as I wrote earlier posts. can you help?
    *** = www

***.hindotech.com
    The password for Hindotech's dropbox works 100% although at this moment is pointless as the link to the rom is identical to the Rom on post #1 provided by Shomari

This has been mentioned many times within this post.

Password is the following in lowercase: w w w . h i n d o t e c h . c o m
    Obviously minus the spaces within the password. Easier to just type the password rather than copy/paste if you're still having problems.

Leave a comment:

• Kozon
    replied
    Originally posted by toperez View Post
    It works perfectly, replace *** by www
    Hello toperez!

The password is not good, as I wrote earlier posts. can you help?
    *** = www

***.hindotech.com

Leave a comment:

• joaoluizt
    replied
    Originally posted by himmon View Post
    Cheers mate, thanks a lot
    Thanks a lot, now i just need a good 5v/3.5a power adapter. The heatsink is already done. The wifi wire pulled off from the case.
    I'm using a adapter from a Iphone but the OC from Kernel only works only until 1.416 (stable) because its just 5.1v/2.1A.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X