Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recommend adding GLTools for best graphics performance, much like on MK808/B 4.2.

My MK808B 4.2.2 still smokes this 4.4.2 ROM by 2K points in Antutu. Still, Kit Kat is undeniably smoother and just as stable, probably more, with extra features to boot.

Enable developer settings in this ROM and select ART run time for an added performance boost.

I may root the ROM in linux environment and upload system.img if many users have trouble properly rooting.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
      I recommend adding GLTools for best graphics performance, much like on MK808/B 4.2.

My MK808B 4.2.2 still smokes this 4.4.2 ROM by 2K points in Antutu. Still, Kit Kat is undeniably smoother and just as stable, probably more, with extra features to boot.

Enable developer settings in this ROM and select ART run time for an added performance boost.

I may root the ROM in linux environment and upload system.img if many users have trouble properly rooting.
      i think it would be great to get cwm as main flashing anyhow. imo it is easier. idk. for me i don't know what to use to flash in linux so i setup a virtual machine in virtualbox to do my flashing. only other windows system is my chromebook cr44 running windows 7 but out of space. lol

Comment

Originally posted by dfgas View Post
        i think it would be great to get cwm as main flashing anyhow. imo it is easier. idk. for me i don't know what to use to flash in linux so i setup a virtual machine in virtualbox to do my flashing. only other windows system is my chromebook cr44 running windows 7 but out of space. lol
        In linux use rkflashkit; we can't flash via CWM as this ROM uses a different loader and partitions. It's a pain, I know...

Comment

In linux use rkflashkit; we can't flash via CWM as this ROM uses a different loader and partitions. It's a pain, I know...
          is there any tweaks that can be done via build.prop for wifi speeds. they are horrible on this device

Comment

Originally posted by dfgas View Post
            is there any tweaks that can be done via build.prop for wifi speeds. they are horrible on this device
            Just now looking into tweaks. Nothing for wifi yet but mine is rock solid with good speeds. Double check your issue isn't a localized one.

Comment

Just now looking into tweaks. Nothing for wifi yet but mine is rock solid with good speeds. Double check your issue isn't a localized one.
              everything else is all good just that device

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation Shomari regarding root access with KingoApp.

Finally a successful root with KingoApp as it seems a little temperamental.

Guys, this worked for me.
                Clean install rom.
                After first boot, go to settings, backup & reset and select factory data reset with Erase SD Card checkbox selected.
                After reboot, try kingo root and select root again.
                Install Chainfire's supersu, update binaries and reboot.
                Work's 100% for me.
                Cheers DFGAS for netflix confirmation.

Comment

Yesterday morning i thought rk3066 development is dead, then i read that mo123 had a half working rom and i donated a dollar and now it seems that even the chinese are bringing updates.

I am not so aware of compatiblity since there are so many variations, is this rom also compatible with the original mk808b ? Ah just read mtk where the clones, well i guess it´s not for me then since i have the original with rtl903-

yaku

Comment

great rom! everything working flawlessly so far. miracast is working like a charm for the first time for me and i m enjoying every bit of it. Thanks Shomari for posting this rom.

Comment

@dfgas - Thanks for the lovely video.

Can you please play El Fuente: 60 MP10 video on Netflix and see what is the maximum bitrate that you get?

Also, can you please go to Netflix settings and see what is the OS API level it is showing?
                      ~Gopichand Pai

Comment

Also, wondering if I can install it on MK806B(MK809II clone)?
                        ~Gopichand Pai

Comment

Confirmed working on Rikomagic MK802IIIS(B) with MTK chipset.Bluetooth seems to be working, paired with my phone

By default developer options is not enabled. To enable developer options, go to Settings-->About Device and click several times on the Build number

And if you click several times on the Android version,something will come up

Managed to root with Kingo first time

Comment

Originally posted by gopichandpai View Post
                            @dfgas - Thanks for the lovely video.

Can you please play El Fuente: 60 MP10 video on Netflix and see what is the maximum bitrate that you get?

Also, can you please go to Netflix settings and see what is the OS API level it is showing?
                            how do i get streaming info while it is playing?

Comment

It shows the bitrate and resolution on the screen when the video is being played.
                              ~Gopichand Pai

Comment

Re: Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

Originally posted by gopichandpai View Post
                                It shows the bitrate and resolution on the screen when the video is being played.
                                Mine doesn't show that anywhere

Comment

Working...
                                X