X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix os api 19

Comment

Can you please try Example Short 23.976?
      ~Gopichand Pai

Comment

Re: Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

Originally posted by gopichandpai View Post
        Can you please try Example Short 23.976?
        As I said before my wifi on this device is slow. Transfer rates over local network at 650k

So far I get bit rate 1750 with res of 720x480

Comment

Thanks. I just installed this on my MK806b(Mk809II) and for me also wifi is too slow.
          ~Gopichand Pai

Comment

Have you guys having trouble with wifi speed tried turning off the energy saving wifi settings in wifi>advanced?

I get speeds as fast the chip can handle and I haven't modded anything. Tried two routers same result. OC kernel but that shouldn't make too much of a difference re: link/throughput.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
              Have you guys having trouble with wifi speed tried turning off the energy saving wifi settings in wifi>advanced?

I get speeds as fast the chip can handle and I haven't modded anything. Tried two routers same result. OC kernel but that shouldn't make too much of a difference re: link/throughput.
              Thanks. My wifi speeds are better now.

What I don't understand with respect to these ROMs is, why do they allocate 2GB for apps and remaining for other things? Why is partition required? 2GB is too less.
              ~Gopichand Pai

Comment

Thanks. My wifi speeds are better now.

What I don't understand with respect to these ROMs is, why do they allocate 2GB for apps and remaining for other things? Why is partition required? 2GB is too less.
                You're right, I think most people agree. There are two ways around that, one is with Link2SD (app) and the other is modifying the parameter file to allow for more space in a particular partition. Changing parameter file to custom size partitions is covered here in the forums somewhere.

Comment

Thanks. What do you suggest? Link2SD or create a parameter file? I haven't used Link2SD before. Will it help extend 2GB to make it entire 8GB as one space or it will just help movement of apps to remaining 6GB?
                  ~Gopichand Pai

Comment

Hi Shomari, have an odd issue you may have come across. Using your overclocked kernel which is working perfectly and have also switched over the runtime to use ART but constantly get Android is upgrading on every reboot, optimizing app #of22. Also have the CWM installed. Apart from that rom is brilliant. Without a doubt the final goodbye to 4.2.2.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

UPDATE: Changed runtime cache back to DAVLIK rebooted and switched back to ART. This has resolved my issue.
                    Last edited by himmon; 07-02-2014, 10:09.

Comment

Thanks. What do you suggest? Link2SD or create a parameter file? I haven't used Link2SD before. Will it help extend 2GB to make it entire 8GB as one space or it will just help movement of apps to remaining 6GB?
                      You might want to try changing the parameter file. Link2SD is best when using external SD, I've used it to repartition and make a 16GB SD + data partition run concurrent (system treats it as one), but it's a long process.

Comment

Seems to be an issue with location services. Have no way of switching it on as it's grayed out. Any one else have this issue? Tried Google maps etc.

Comment

Originally posted by himmon View Post
                          Hi Shomari, have an odd issue you may have come across. Using your overclocked kernel which is working perfectly and have also switched over the runtime to use ART but constantly get Android is upgrading on every reboot, optimizing app #of22. Also have the CWM installed. Apart from that rom is brilliant ...

UPDATE: Changed runtime cache back to DAVLIK rebooted and switched back to ART. This has resolved my issue.
                          I solved mine another way, I too had this problem early on. Many thanks for the update.

Incompatible google apps was/is the culprit in this ROM. Depending on when you enable network connectivity and switch to ART, some may experience this, others not.

Alternative fix: For those experiencing persistent 'android is upgrading' on every reboot causing long boot times, please try flashing this gapps package via CWM - http://d-h.st/D8O (special thanks xda-dev|fred6681)

Comment

Antutu scores

What are Antutu scores looking like? I disable many google services and trim my system and wonder how the changes affect the performance. Scores for me are 14.5K consistent. 1K below my MK808B but still fine nonetheless.

Comment

Wow, your score is high. On my mk809ii (JUSTOP K9B) stock base build (no additional apps) with your kernel it's 9884

Comment

With original stock kernel 9734, although low, rom is much quicker with everything for me than 4.2.2. Video playback is super smooth with Netflix, Hulu Plus, Showbox, BBC iplayer etc. Can't seem to get xfinity TV Go to work though. CA certificate issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X