Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ynt: Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

I've flashed (I used separate IMG files)it but it stucked in smart TV screen logo. Because I erased SD now there is no cwm also the only way is I have to go boot loader mod to able to recover via rkandroid tool the question is how? Thanks for assistant.

GT-N7000...

Comment

Originally posted by inflock View Post
      I've flashed (I used separate IMG files)it but it stucked in smart TV screen logo. Because I erased SD now there is no cwm also the only way is I have to go boot loader mod to able to recover via rkandroid tool the question is how? Thanks for assistant.

GT-N7000...
      What device do you have?

Mine has a reset button next to the SD slot con a tiny hole. I've to push it for like 3 seconds while i connect the USB to the laptop

Comment

Ynt: Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

Yes i did it but I was doing while power cable plugged in. I did only with USB cable inserted and I able to go boot loader. Many thanks for help.

GT-N7000...

Comment

Re: Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
          I'd suggest using Rockchip Batch Tool 2.1 https://mega.co.nz/#!fJgADI6S!RBael7...XKqKSv_U903xGA - and hitting erase flash to enter mask ROM mode before re-flashing.

Users (including myself) have had problems with being unable to activate wifi after flashing some ROMs, even when reverting to original stock firmware in some cases. I've found entering mask rom mode in batch tool 2.1 then re-flashing solved that issue for me.
          I tried again with BatchTool v2.1 and chose the EraseFlash option before flashing. Still the same thing - the TV screen turns black and the UG007-II becomes frozen up. Sigh~ Going back to 4.2.2 for now. Thank goodness for Nandroids~!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have no screen issues when running on this 4.4.2 ROM:

The only and major problem with the above ROM is that I don't have WiFi. 😏

Before reverting back to 4.2.2, I tried flashing the OC kernel but after doing that, my UG007-II just kept on boot looping.

Comment

@Shomari Is the WiFi driver included in the ROM or kernel? If it's the kernel, can you prepare just the stock 4.4.2 (non-overclock) kernel into a CWM zip file or .img file?

I'm thinking about flashing the Ugoos 4.4.2 file (which has everything except for working WiFi) followed by just the kernel flash from the ROM you discovered. Then maybe I won't have the screen blackout issue + working WiFi.
              😁

Comment

Originally posted by optimummind View Post
                @Shomari Is the WiFi driver included in the ROM or kernel? If it's the kernel, can you prepare just the stock 4.4.2 (non-overclock) kernel into a CWM zip file or .img file?

I'm thinking about flashing the Ugoos 4.4.2 file (which has everything except for working WiFi) followed by just the kernel flash from the ROM you discovered. Then maybe I won't have the screen blackout issue + working WiFi.

Just the kernel: http://ge.tt/6PbspOn1/v/0?c

Good luck and please report back. I still think it's power supply issues in your case but you never know, you're close.

Comment

Originally posted by inflock View Post

GT-N7000...
                  Flash the full .img with the loader and it will boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Spe View Post
                    Any one able to use beyondXBMC on this ROM? Crashes when i open it. Also how do you flash the overclocked kernel? sorry new to this.
                    Download the kernel file and check the box for kernel on the left, leave everything else unchecked. In the same row click the right margin (box in the column with three dots) to select the kernel file on your computer and click run.

Comment

Originally posted by Vovagr View Post
                      Shomari, help enable use location services.
                      Are you rooted? You need to be rooted first

Comment

tried bluetooth with both files... rikomagic file broke bluetooth... 2nd file seems similar as the one on this rom

Comment

Morning Shomari, wouldn't mind trying to get location services working? Rom is rooted, cheers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
                            Anybody notice the video.use.overlay=1 line in the build.prop?

It seems the stock kernel is a 1080P kernel.

It can be confirmed by setting screen density to 240 and changing the video overlay setting to 0.

ro.sf.lcd_density=240
                            video.use.overlay=0

Makes sense now because ~2600-2700 is the antutu 3D score I get on my MK808B 4.2 with a 1080P kernel and that's what I get with this ROM on '720'; instead of ~2900 which is what I get with an actual 720P kernel.
                            Btw, did you have any odd issues when changing your mentioned settings? ro.sf.lcd_density=240 & video.use.overlay=0 What I keep experiencing is that when I click the apps container in the rom, it crashes out and takes me back to normal default home screen when I apply those settings. The changes are taking affect as I can see resolution has changed on bootup and everything appears fine.

I used build prop editor on google play to backup, edit and save changes. Thanks
                            Just to mention, have only tried this using your overclocked kernel and not stock.

UPDATE: Used Nova Launcher instead of making the overlay changes above as unfortunately didnt work for me. Nova Launcher has been updated for KitKat, Everything is now perfectly scaled for my 1080p TV.
                            Last edited by himmon; 07-05-2014, 08:41.

Comment

Root-yes. Helped KingoRoot.

Comment

Originally posted by himmon View Post
                                Btw, did you have any odd issues when changing your mentioned settings? ro.sf.lcd_density=240 & video.use.overlay=0 What I keep experiencing is that when I click the apps container in the rom, it crashes out and takes me back to normal default home screen when I apply those settings. The changes are taking affect as I can see resolution has changed on bootup and everything appears fine.

I used build prop editor on google play to backup, edit and save changes. Thanks
                                Just to mention, have only tried this using your overclocked kernel and not stock.
                                I keep my devices on 720p TVs so I don't use that setting, only on occasion as a test and to notify others that the kernel is indeed a true 1080p kernel.

Originally posted by himmon View Post
                                Morning Shomari, wouldn't mind trying to get location services working? Rom is rooted, cheers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
                                Morning Himmon, download this file http://ge.tt/5CaW6Pn1/v/0?c and either adb push to /system/app or use a file explorer like Root Explorer to put the app in /system/app and reboot. Please report back if that enables location services on your device.

Comment

Working...
                                X