X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vovagr View Post
    Root-yes. Helped KingoRoot.
    Originally posted by Shomari View Post
    ... download this file http://ge.tt/5CaW6Pn1/v/0?c and either adb push to /system/app or use a file explorer like Root Explorer to put the app in /system/app and reboot. Please report back if that enables location services on your device.
    ::

Comment

I keep my devices on 720p TVs so I don't use that setting, only on occasion as a test and to notify others that the kernel is indeed a true 1080p kernel.

Morning Himmon, download this file http://ge.tt/5CaW6Pn1/v/0?c and either adb push to /system/app or use a file explorer like Root Explorer to put the app in /system/app and reboot. Please report back if that enables location services on your device.
      Doesnt appear to be working, copied into /system/app via ES Explorer/root explorer, rebooted and location services greyed out. Checked again in /system/app and FusedLocation.apk is in there.

Comment

Originally posted by himmon View Post
        Doesnt appear to be working, copied into /system/app via ES Explorer/root explorer, rebooted and location services greyed out. Checked again in /system/app and FusedLocation.apk is in there.
        Do a gesture type up-swipe on the location settings tile in quick settings (upper right corner)
        Last edited by Shomari; 07-05-2014, 08:16.

Comment

Do a gesture type up swipe on the location settings tile in quick settings (upper right corner)
          Brilliant, working now! Well done mate, on the quick settings (Upper right hand corner swipe down), I left mouse clicked down on the location icon for 3 seconds and it switched on. I ran fix permissions too and rebooted then was asked on startup to allow google access to location services. All working great, thanks alot. Google earth working perfectly.

For anyone else, to change permissions manually on fusedlocation.apk, enable root explorer under tools in ES explorer, select FusedLocation.apk under /system/app and press more icon (bottom right hand side in ES), then select properties and next to permissions select change and tick Owner-Read and Write, Group-Read, Other-Read only. You should end up with rw- r- r- on previous screen. Switch off root explorer once you've made the changes and reboot.
          Last edited by himmon; 07-05-2014, 08:30.

Comment

Brilliant, working now! Well done mate, on the quick settings (Upper right hand corner swipe down), I left mouse clicked pressed down on the location icon for 3 seconds and it switched on. I ran fix permissions too and rebooted then was asked on startup to allow google access to location services. All working great, thanks alot. Google earth working perfectly.
            Enjoy, my friend.

Comment

Brilliant, working now! Well done mate, on the quick settings (Upper right hand corner swipe down), I left mouse clicked pressed down on the location icon for 3 seconds and it switched on. I ran fix permissions too and rebooted then was asked on startup to allow google access to location services. All working great, thanks alot. Google earth working perfectly.

Next I need to find a way to zoom back out on google earth

Comment

XBMC Users

XBMC users (even BeyondXBMC) go to Settings and change

[Expert level] >System>Video Output>Vertical blank sync = Disabled and check the reported fps in system info.

XBMC 14.0 Alpha shows 100 fps when idle. I'd suggest turning off vertical blank sync and leaving it off if it doesn't cause any problems, which it doesn't on this ROM.

Comment

Big thanks Shomari, everything works! Himmon - Setting-ACcessibility-Mouse Wheel Zoom Settings-Enable Wheel Zoom. Works if you press and turn the mouse wheel.

Comment

Big thanks Shomari, everything works! Himmon - Setting-ACcessibility-Mouse Wheel Zoom Settings-Enable Wheel Zoom. Works if you press and turn the mouse wheel.
                    Brilliant, thanks for that tip. Another way I found was to double left click and swipe up to zoom out but prefer your mouse wheel scroll option.

Comment

Brilliant, thanks for that tip. Another way I found was to double left click and swipe up to zoom out but prefer your mouse wheel scroll option.
                      ...vovagr beat me to it although I hadn't tested that method yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mystguy View Post
                        tried bluetooth with both files... rikomagic file broke bluetooth... 2nd file seems similar as the one on this rom
                        I have one more file you can try and it's just as much of a crapshoot.

Sorry but I don't use bluetooth at all on this device so my help is a bit limited. Let me know if you're interested.

Comment

sure... please share

Comment

XBMC users (even BeyondXBMC) go to Settings and change

[Expert level] >System>Video Output>Vertical blank sync = Disabled and check the reported fps in system info.

XBMC 14.0 Alpha shows 100 fps when idle. I'd suggest turning off vertical blank sync and leaving it off if it doesn't cause any problems, which it doesn't on this ROM.

BTW, just tried Wasser's 1.2 XBMC Gotham 13.1 and it runs perfectly. It's over in the Minix X7 thread. It's perfectly mapped for Minix A2 Airmouse if you have one. Just tried a 1080p movie streaming on navi x, runs perfectly smooth. I'm so shocked now how this $35 mk809ii stick is shaming my Minix X7 in terms of value for money and not too far of performance in playing movies.

Note, you'll need to enable mouse and tablet support in XBMC as its disabled by default annoyingly.

Comment

Originally posted by mystguy View Post
                              sure... please share
                              ...this is my last shot - try these two files separately hopefully one solves your issue.

adb push /system/lib

Comment

BTW, just tried Wasser's 1.2 XBMC Gotham 13.1 and it runs perfectly. It's over in the Minix X7 thread. It's perfectly mapped for Minix A2 Airmouse if you have one. Just tried a 1080p movie streaming on navi x, runs perfectly smooth. I'm so shocked now how this $35 mk809ii stick is shaming my Minix X7 in terms of value for money and not too far of performance in playing movies.

Note, you'll need to enable mouse and tablet support in XBMC as its disabled by default annoyingly.
                                I use the XBMC official 14.0 Alpha (Helix) and usually do my 1080p tests on the notorious Birds MKV 40Mbps file and it doesn't even hiccup. I see very little gain from RK3066>RK3188 in terms of value/performance ratio. It's really something.

Comment

Working...
                                X