Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just solved the prb. Somehow previously working drivers didnt worked and i've used PLT-7035 ADB Drivers after enabling USB Debug. Many thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by HaLLoWeD View Post
      Just solved the prb. Somehow previously working drivers didnt worked and i've used PLT-7035 ADB Drivers after enabling USB Debug. Many thanks for your help
      Excellent! Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
        This ROM carries with it a minor HDMI audio bug persistent in KitKat update.

HDMI doesn't send audio to the TV when device is resumed from standby.

To solve the issue, always resume device from standby before powering on TV. Turn device on, then turn TV on.

The audio issue is caused by Rockchip's KitKat audio kernel configuration. The device expects a specific response from the HDMI sink, if it isn't found it effectively mutes the HDMI audio engine by treating the device as a DVI interface. 'rk30-hdmi: warning: EDID error, assume sink as DVI'
        I really appreciate your help, it was hanging after a restart and never resumed. Have to power off / on again and again wasnt aware of such a bug. I faced such an audio issue and enabled passthrough only was working fine. Now just a blank screen, Wish i had read a few mins before Will try to recover now

Comment

I really appreciate your help, it was hanging after a restart and never resumed. Have to power off / on again and again wasnt aware of such a bug. I faced such an audio issue and enabled passthrough only was working fine. Now just a blank screen, Wish i had read a few mins before Will try to recover now
          Be sure to utilize an adequate power supply, especially if the device is hanging during reboot.

After seeing posts about boot loops, I tested a stock 1.5a power supply and the device hung on reboot. My 3.5a power supply has never caused my device to freeze/lock up or reboot, even through testing and regular use of my OC kernel.

Comment

Be sure to utilize an adequate power supply, especially if the device is hanging during reboot.

After seeing posts about boot loops, I tested a stock 1.5a power supply and the device hung on reboot. My 3.5a power supply has never caused my device to freeze/lock up or reboot, even through testing and regular use of my OC kernel.
            I'll buy another one tomorrow, seems like a power issue to me too. Below saved my night for tonight Thanks again

To solve the issue, always resume device from standby before powering on TV. Turn device on, then turn TV on.
            Last edited by HaLLoWeD; 07-05-2014, 20:24. Reason: wording

Comment

Just the kernel: http://ge.tt/6PbspOn1/v/0?c

Good luck and please report back. I still think it's power supply issues in your case but you never know, you're close.
              Thank you. I'm gonna try the Ugoos 4.4.2 ROM + kernel from this ROM to see if everything will work. Will report back.

Comment

Originally posted by optimummind View Post
                Thank you. I'm gonna try the Ugoos 4.4.2 ROM + kernel from this ROM to see if everything will work. Will report back.
                This ROM is better overall but the other has transparent bars as the low ram flag is not enforced in the build properties as it is in this one. I think location services might be enabled in the other one without modding as well.

Comment

Power Supply

Just the kernel: http://ge.tt/6PbspOn1/v/0?c

Good luck and please report back. I still think it's power supply issues in your case but you never know, you're close.
                  From the specs of my device i've figured out that the original is 5V 2A, the guy who sold me this should've been using a spare one (5V 1A).

At my little town the only supply i've found has 5.1V 2.1A (I think is an iPad spare charger) and i was kind of worried about that 0.1 extra Volt, but the i've read this at some other forum:

USB 1 and 2 spec is 5v +- 5% which is 4.75 to 5.25v, so 5.1v is with USB specification.
                  So, i'll try this one and give you my feedback, still after using the new tool and erase flash before upgrade the stick became a little more stable.

After root, i can't manage to log at play store, that's weird, i think it must be location issue, so i'll try the FusedLocation.apk

Well... Later i'll give my comments.

By the way, i've couldn't manage to get debugging options, to get them you should go to: Settins->About Device and click 7 times on Build number and there you go...

Comment

Re: Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

Originally posted by gatorojo View Post
                    From the specs of my device i've figured out that the original is 5V 2A, the guy who sold me this should've been using a spare one (5V 1A).

At my little town the only supply i've found has 5.1V 2.1A (I think is an iPad spare charger) and i was kind of worried about that 0.1 extra Volt, but the i've read this at some other forum:

So, i'll try this one and give you my feedback, still after using the new tool and erase flash before upgrade the stick became a little more stable.

After root, i can't manage to log at play store, that's weird, i think it must be location issue, so i'll try the FusedLocation.apk

Well... Later i'll give my comments.

By the way, i've couldn't manage to get debugging options, to get them you should go to: Settins->About Device and click 7 times on Build number and there you go...
                    Thanks for the feedback you'll probably be fine with a 2.1a charger at least with the stock kernel. Good luck!

Comment

This ROM is better overall but the other has transparent bars as the low ram flag is not enforced in the build properties as it is in this one. I think location services might be enabled in the other one without modding as well.
                      I tried 2 ways and both have resulted in fail. 😌

(1) Using Batchtool v2.1, I ran first the Erase routine and flashed the Ugoos 4.4.2 update.img file. My UG007-II booted up fine. In Settings, as expected, I couldn't toggle on the WiFi. It says "Turning on WiFi" indefinitely.

I rebooted into mask mode and using Batchtools v2.1, I flashed just the kernel from your 4.4.2 ROM. Batchtools said the flash was successful but my UG007-II boot loops at the black screen with a giant green Android robot.

In addition to the kernel, am I supposed to flash something else at the same time? Like Loader or something?

(2) Using Sergio's RK3XXX Firmware tool, I built my own custom ROM. After extracting the firmware from the Ugoos 4.4.2, I replaced just the kernel with your 4.4.2 kernel.

After rebuilding the ROM and renaming the img file to update.img, I flashed the rebuilt ROM using Batchtools v2.1, again running the Erase function first.

The UG007-II just boot loops constantly into mask ROM mode.

What else can I try at this point? Does the USB Debugging option have to be on or off before each flash?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Usb debugging doesn't affect flashing, hat happens in another layer.

They both have the proper 2.XX loader for KK. I guess something about this kernel disagrees with your device. Unsure what wihout at least a dmesg from a running system

Comment

Maybe you can try pulling the .so files for the wifi from the ROM here and placing them in the Ugoos ROM. You can use Sergio Poverony's tool for that in Windows and rebuild/flash.

Comment

Maybe you can try pulling the .so files for the wifi from the ROM here and placing them in the Ugoos ROM. You can use Sergio Poverony's tool for that in Windows and rebuild/flash.
                            Where are the .so files located at? I'll give it another shot.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Comment

Originally posted by optimummind View Post
                              Where are the .so files located at? I'll give it another shot.

Sent from my SPH-L720
                              ...swap the .ko files in /system/lib/modules - grab the rkwifi and mt5931.ko modules and put them in the other ROM. Worth a try but it's a long shot. Only seen I work maybe once

Comment

...swap the .ko files in /system/lib/modules - grab the rkwifi and mt5931.ko modules and put them in the other ROM. Worth a try but it's a long shot. Only seen I work maybe once
                                Alright, thx~ Will report back again.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Comment

Working...
                                X