Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance of getting ported to the x5 and x5 mini from minix ?
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

CWM Flashable OC Kernel

This kernel is overclocked, up from 1512/240/396 ↑ 1608/400/600

Same as OC kernel in first post, made CWM flashable for easy testing as some users don't know how/are unable to flash with RK Tools.

Comment

Re: Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
        ...swap the .ko files in /system/lib/modules - grab the rkwifi and mt5931.ko modules and put them in the other ROM. Worth a try but it's a long shot. Only seen I work maybe once
        Still no go. Copied over the modules into the Ugoos 4.4.2 ROM, rebuilt ROM, then flashed. The flash was successful, the UG007-II booted up just fine, no black screen freeze, but no WiFi. This has been so frustrating. 😡

I'm gonna give up now and just wait until Ugoos releases their official non-beta 4.4.2 update.

Thank you for your tips & suggestions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

...yeah you've had mighty terrible luck so far. Hopefully another ROM comes along that somehow works with your device. It's crazy none of the two worked properly

Comment

...yeah you've had mighty terrible luck so far. Hopefully another ROM comes along that somehow works with your device. It's crazy none of the two worked properly
            Yea, I know, right? One of them, everything works except WiFi. The other, the TV keeps on blacking out. With phones, it's so much easier, LOL~

Comment

....your phones must not be MTK devices. . . .

Comment

I'm about done tweaking and digging in this ROM. For being one of the first RK3066 KK devices I'd say it runs pretty well.

It's now my daily driver, has all the features I need and good stability. Happy tweaking everyone and good luck.

Even antutu scores are good for a 1080p kernel using 720 overlay. Sorry for those that jumped on the RK3188 bandwagon..

Comment

Ok, i've been all day using the MK809II with the 5.1V 2.1A and have been working flawless!

I haven't flashed the OC Kernel, but i did place the FusedLocation.apk after that Play Store worked again (wasn't working after root).

Everything worked great now.

On Netflix "Example Short 23,976" works max at 1750 kbs 480p, still... i'm behind a router as repeater because of weak wifi hardware and that reduce speed... Also i don't have "el fuerte" test on my country

Anyway... Just to enjoy Kit Kat now...

By the way wich xbmc, because the original gotham does not works good :/

Thanks for everything Shomari!

Comment

Originally posted by gatorojo View Post
                    Ok, i've been all day using the MK809II with the 5.1V 2.1A and have been working flawless!

I haven't flashed the OC Kernel, but i did place the FusedLocation.apk after that Play Store worked again (wasn't working after root).

Everything worked great now.

On Netflix "Example Short 23,976" works max at 1750 kbs 480p, still... i'm behind a router as repeater because of weak wifi hardware and that reduce speed... Also i don't have "el fuerte" test on my country

Anyway... Just to enjoy Kit Kat now...

By the way wich xbmc, because the original gotham does not works good :/

Thanks for everything Shomari!

...aja, lla viste? Le faltaba jugo para beber ..

Some people swear by BeyondXBMC but that's just a rip of Koying's optimizations for Rockchip; I prefer the official XBMC versions myself which develop along the lines of android and mediacodec in general (as opposed to rockchip specific which is not bad either)

So I'd suggest the XBMC 14.0 alpha nightlies, that's what I use now. But the choice is yours and they all suit different tastes. Be careful with the OC kernel, it will test that 2.1a charger for sure, so make sure the stick is stable and keep backups when/if you do flash an OC kernel.

Here's my device's kernel, different from one in OP: (only for those wanting bleeding edge 4.4.2 RK3066 performance in 1080p as you can see from the scores I really push it) http://ge.tt/9II67Wn1/v/0?c

I'd imagine this thing would absolutely fly with a 720 kernel. I tested my stick so far and it passed all my stability macros (I don't just rely on benchmarks) so I'm hoping this holds me over for a while.
                    Last edited by Shomari; 07-07-2014, 08:55.

Comment

...aja, lla viste? Le faltaba jugo para beber ..
                      yeah, i'll give it some time before trying to squeeze stick performance... I'll test those nightlies later...

Thanks again!

Comment

....your phones must not be MTK devices. . . .
                        Haha, no. Got a Nexus 5 and a Galaxy S4.

I ordered that 3A charger you linked to in Amazon. I'm hoping you're right and the additional power will let me run this 4.4.2 ROM.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Comment

Cannot root with KingoApp

Originally posted by himmon View Post
                          Thanks for the confirmation Shomari regarding root access with KingoApp.

Finally a successful root with KingoApp as it seems a little temperamental.

Guys, this worked for me.
                          Clean install rom.
                          After first boot, go to settings, backup & reset and select factory data reset with Erase SD Card checkbox selected.
                          After reboot, try kingo root and select root again.
                          Install Chainfire's supersu, update binaries and reboot.
                          Work's 100% for me.
                          Cheers DFGAS for netflix confirmation.

Hi,

I've tried several times to root my imito mx2 with this App but there is now way. Windows and the Kingo root don't detect my device. Do I have to install some other drivers? Do I have to disconnect if from the AC? Any help will be grateful, thanks

Originally posted by HaLLoWeD View Post
                          I enabled connect to PC, it shows connecting but fails.
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]6968[/ATTACH]
                          When i enable "USB debugging" as advised i get a new unknown driver message.
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]6969[/ATTACH]

EDITED

I read other user had the same problem. My problem is the device is not even recognize after enabling ADB and activating USB connection. Should I try installing PLT-7035 ADB Drivers?

2nd EDITION

It's done. It was some kind of weird problem with my usb cable :/

I've installed non over-clocked factory img file. Which improvements do you suggest? My BT is not working but all the rest seem to be perfect. Nice job with this rom!
                          Last edited by gekubo; 07-07-2014, 23:07.

Comment

Received the 5V 3.5A power supply and it's still the same. TV screen goes black...

Comment

Originally posted by optimummind View Post
                              Received the 5V 3.5A power supply and it's still the same. TV screen goes black...

Sorry to hear that. Something must be different/off about your chipset. I was hopeful too because others had solved similar issues with this ROM by beefing up the power supply.

Comment

Instant performance boost

The stock kernel runs the GPU at 148mhz-240mhz most of the time. If you run an overclocked kernel and have GPU at 400mhz or above you can see an instant gain in both CPU/GPU performance by adding the following line in build.prop:

debug.egl.hw=1

It had an effect in 4.2.2 but the effect is more profound in 4.4.2 KK; with this line I've consistently remained above 15000 points in antutu (with 1080p kernel) and CPU utilization seems to be less during video playback.

There's a drawback, though. You must have a solid power supply (3a+) as the GPU is pretty power hungry and it also creates more heat than the CPU cycle per cycle, it seems.

Comment

Working...
                                X