Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No_WaY View Post

thanks avion,
    the rom working like charm but the only problem is when i reboot or shutdown( from rom shutdown or quickboost) it never come back again unless i disconnect the power adapter and repower it again.
    the flash process and adapter is fine and i followed the steps exactly.
    oh thats a known bug unfortunately .. since the kernel sources are patched and merged from different sources across the net .. some things like that just don't work.. I tried to fix that but without any proper documentation etc. it's just impossible

Comment

Originally posted by avion View Post

Yep .. but do note that everything you do .. you do on your own responsibility
      Hi Avion,

The ROM is working on my device too. Both wifi and bluetooth also working.

But, the default 1920x1080p-60 HDMI mode lag. When I select 1280x720p-60 HDMI mode, the lag gone,
      I know this a 1080p kernel but if I select the 1280x720p-60 HDMI mode, is it really set to 1280x720p resolution?
      I mean the screen just scale up or down for the mode I select but actually the resolution still at 1080p no matter I select 1080p or 720p.
      Anyway, it is really a great ROM.
      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by avion View Post
        oh thats a known bug unfortunately .. since the kernel sources are patched and merged from different sources across the net .. some things like that just don't work.. I tried to fix that but without any proper documentation etc. it's just impossible
        My device Auxtek T001 don't have this issue. When I select Standby it shutdown. When I select Reboot it reboot.

Comment

Hi Avion,

One more thing. How to reset to its original state using CWM recovery mode.
          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by wmlooi View Post
            Hi Avion,

One more thing. How to reset to its original state using CWM recovery mode.
            Thanks.
            Long answer short - I'm not sure you can do that from CWM neither did I try something like that ..
            Regarding the 720p resolution, you should use the : http://d-h.st/Sv7M (720p kernel) and change the xml assets in the ROM itself (before rebooting and flashing the kernel).
            Exact property should be mentioned somewhere in this thread.
            Original rom was using 720p resolution with scaling up for the 1080p If I remember it right,
            and that was Rockchip hack to improve the performance.
            When you select some different mode, ROM just scales the image .. dimensions of the screen are still the same.
            It's faster because when you use smaller resolution ROM needs to calculate less pixels and then just scales up the screen.

Rebooting also works for me, and standby actually goes to standby .. but it doesn't wake afterwards - so it's not really a shutdown (be careful with that)

Comment

Oh, I see. Thanks Avion.

Comment

Hi, this looks really simple and easy for a person new to Android to understand. One thing I'm not sure about is, do I need to flash a kernel, or can I simply flash the ROM (step 1, and not step 2) for this to be upgraded to 4.4.2?

Sorry, I think this was answered, by Avion in response to wmlooi's post, but I just want to make sure.
                Last edited by Fargobobargo; 12-07-2015, 16:54.

Comment

Here is a video of my problem: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3I...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Good evening!
                    Is anyone still using this rom and the MK802III?

I'm currently using this rom on mine Allminipc_ug802_RT8188_4.4_720p and have been for a month. Works fine except some minor hick ups. The most annoying problem is that I'm running out of disk space. I don't have many apps installed. Do you have any ideas for that? Would changing to the firmware from this thread solve that?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

please a kernel (or 8712u.ko module) with support for the RTL8192US wifi dongle

otherwise I have these wifi dongles with following chipset:
                      Atheros AR9002U
                      Ralink RT2870
                      Atheros AR9271 (is a bit big)

edit: found an archive with a lot of rk3066 modules compiled for kernel 3.0.36+, are working but no one for my usb wifi dongles :-(
                      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now
                      Last edited by hitman72; 05-05-2016, 09:49.
                      Io ho 41 anni. Ho fatto tante cose, tante cose. Cose... cose di ogni genere. E una verità l'ho scoperta. Una sola verità. Sì una sola. Vuoi sapere qual'è? Ho scoperto che sono un porco bastardo. (tokyo decadence)

Comment

Hey guys!! I've got a question. I've used the Sergio's RK3xxx Firmware Tools to unpack this ROM so I saw that in the system image there is the 8188eu.ko module included. Does this mean that I can use this ROM on my generic RK3066 TV stick with RTL8188EUS WiFi chip?? If don't, is there something I can do to make it compatible??

Thank you very much in advance!! I would love to test this ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by emacrack View Post
                          Hey guys!! I've got a question. I've used the Sergio's RK3xxx Firmware Tools to unpack this ROM so I saw that in the system image there is the 8188eu.ko module included. Does this mean that I can use this ROM on my generic RK3066 TV stick with RTL8188EUS WiFi chip?? If don't, is there something I can do to make it compatible??

Thank you very much in advance!! I would love to test this ROM.
                          Yes, there is 8188eu.ko and 8192cu.ko like in all android stock roms
                          Io ho 41 anni. Ho fatto tante cose, tante cose. Cose... cose di ogni genere. E una verità l'ho scoperta. Una sola verità. Sì una sola. Vuoi sapere qual'è? Ho scoperto che sono un porco bastardo. (tokyo decadence)

Comment

Originally posted by hitman72 View Post

Yes, there is 8188eu.ko and 8192cu.ko like in all android stock roms
                            So?? What can I do to make it compatible with my WiFi chip?? I have another working kernel, but I'd like to try this one as it's 1080p.

Comment

Originally posted by emacrack View Post

So?? What can I do to make it compatible with my WiFi chip?? I have another working kernel, but I'd like to try this one as it's 1080p.
                              I had put back my ug007 in a drawer from many years because I have replaced it with an used samsung s2 to see avi/mkv on tv. But lately I have many problems with the usb/mhl port of s2 (maybe due to intensive use). so I am using ug007 again. Flashed this rom and I can see it is faster than any other roms (even 720p) at 1600mhz I haven't a single frame lost with mkv files! so just try it, if your wifi module
                              is present in system/lib/modules it should work. The only problem with these devices are internal wifi... my ug007 with every antenna mod/fix I have made, it must be less than one meter (!!!) away from the router to be able to use the wifi. so without an usb wifi dongle these devices are TOTALLY useless. so guys when you make a rom, please also INSERT modules for atheros, ralink and other realteck wifi chips! thank you

Comment

ciao, at the end I have bought a wifi dongle with realtek 8192cu chip... can I have a 1080p kernel with 8192cu support? all links are dead here (insmod 8192cu.ko doesn't work...). thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X