Full 1080p Modded Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mowgli View Post
    The fact that you even considered to create one tells a lot about you. Thank you!
    Thanks to aldinezi here is extracted kernel from that ROM, since it's targeting original mk808b it should work. Try and let us know how did it go mowgli..

extracted mk808b kernel:

Comment

Originally posted by avion View Post
      Thanks to aldinezi here is extracted kernel from that ROM, since it's targeting original mk808b it should work. Try and let us know how did it go mowgli..

extracted mk808b kernel:

http://d-h.st/NBRC
      Thank you and aldinezi so much! I'll try today after work and let you know.

Comment

Latest ROM for AP chipset

Download new firmware version 141230 for RKM MK802IIIS BT from  here or here . Archiveļ¼š S8B_AP620_141230_v4.4   Image: MK802IIIS...

I will try to combine this latest ROM with your kernel. If it works good, you could use it as a base for you new custom ROM with removed bloatware and you tweaks.

Comment

Originally posted by aldinezi View Post
          http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....t-for-rkm.html

I will try to combine this latest ROM with your kernel. If it works good, you could use it as a base for you new custom ROM with removed bloatware and you tweaks.

WOW, this latest rikomagic ROM is really fluid and smooth.. but it can not turn on wifi or BT even with your kernel.
          Avion, you think it would be possible to make it work with your kernel?
          It would be awesome, as it this ROM has many many improvements...

Comment

WOW, this latest rikomagic ROM is really fluid and smooth.. but it can not turn on wifi or BT even with your kernel.
            Avion, you think it would be possible to make it work with your kernel?
            It would be awesome, as it this ROM has many many improvements...
            It's probably missing some firmware and / or libs for the MT chipset. Did you try that first rom with mine kernel ? ( http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....-44-stock.html )

Comment

I will try your kernel with MK808B firmware, and report.

I tried it, it stays on "Turning wifi..". Shame.. ROM itself is much more faster and smooth than Shomari's. It doesn't have any flickering, and the status bar and bottom bar are transparent.

Would be really great to sideload mtk modules into it.
              Last edited by aldinezi; 02-03-2015, 17:26. Reason: test

Comment

Strangely, for some reason it seams that I can not flash mine kernel on any of those new ROMs. I've tried android tools 2.1 and RK batch tool with no luck. I just keep getting stock rom's splash screen which means that kernel isn't changed (mine has shomari Smart TV logo). This is a splash screen that appears briefly before the boot animation starts.

Other way is to check it with busybox uname -a

as a side note, both of this ROMS from http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot.ro/ are 720p .. so you would notice a difference on the desktop as well (mine being 1080p)
                That's probably the reason they fill smoother..
                Last edited by avion; 02-03-2015, 18:50.

Comment

Strangely, for some reason it seams that I can not flash mine kernel on any of those new ROMs. I've tried android tools 2.1 and RK batch tool with no luck. I just keep getting stock rom's splash screen which means that kernel isn't changed (mine has shomari Smart TV logo). This is a splash screen that appears briefly before the boot animation starts.

as a side note, both of this ROMS from http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot.ro/ are 720p .. so you would notice a difference on the desktop as well (mine being 1080p)
                  I flashed back your ROM and kernel, and i use it on 720p screen. Can I make it anz smoother through build.prop

Comment

I flashed back your ROM and kernel, and i use it on 720p screen. Can I make it anz smoother through build.prop
                    Yep,

uncomment this (remove the # at beggining):
                    #ro.rk.small_screen=true

then change this:
                    video.use.overlay=1

and:
                    ro.sf.lcd_density=160

That should do it

Comment

extracted mk808b kernel:

http://d-h.st/NBRC
                      Hi,
                      Well, I tried to flush the ROM with this kernel but couldn't make it to boot properly. I did all the wipes from the recovery but it didn't help. It partially booted but stuck on some screen which was constantly reloading.
                      And, the stick was getting warm. Also, the blue light was blinking.
                      Probably I will have to stay with version 4.1 forever. So far, this android version is the most stable for this particular stick.
                      Thank you anyway for your help!

Comment

avion really your Kitkat Rom rocks , it's the best ROM i ever had on Imito MX2 since two years.
                        but 10 days back i give up and i made an order of Pipo X7 box that run Win8.1
                        to replace my Lovely Imito MX2.
                        now i will keep it attached my bedroom TV not abandon it
                        Last edited by scropion86; 02-04-2015, 12:25.

Comment

Originally posted by mowgli View Post
                          Hi,
                          Well, I tried to flush the ROM with this kernel but couldn't make it to boot properly. I did all the wipes from the recovery but it didn't help. It partially booted but stuck on some screen which was constantly reloading.
                          And, the stick was getting warm. Also, the blue light was blinking.
                          Probably I will have to stay with version 4.1 forever. So far, this android version is the most stable for this particular stick.
                          Thank you anyway for your help!
                          Ok I've found mk808b config for the kernel, with 903 chipset and compiled it.

Here is a link:

Ps. I'm not sure it's going to work as from my experience GPIO pins are very different from case to case, but it might work as well. Give us some feedback if it's working

Comment

I've found out why it wasn't possible to flash new kernel on this ROMS, basically they changed bootloader and the kernel is placed now inside the boot.img for some reason. I'll try to update that with custom and see if it's going to work.

BTW. I've updated the rom to V1.1 - changelog/download is on the first page.

Comment

Your ROM with those mentioned build.prop tweaks is smooth.. Just to confirm that.

I noticed that they have a new bootloader 2.19 while on our older ROMs is 2.12.

Maybe you could use new Rockchip firmware tool to make custom kernels for new ROMS.

Comment

Your ROM with those mentioned build.prop tweaks is smooth.. Just to confirm that.

I noticed that they have a new bootloader 2.19 while on our older ROMs is 2.12.

Maybe you could use new Rockchip firmware tool to make custom kernels for new ROMS.

http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...tool-v5-0.html
                                I was already able to change the firmware, root it .. update and add new apps. I couldn't change the kernel due to the fact it was hidden inside the boot.img.

That image is standard linux boot partition which is combination of kernel + compressed ramdisk and it's already possible to extract / rebuild it with sergio's RK3xxx_firmware_tools_5 tools.
                                To be honest, I don't like everything in this new roms (they don't have reboot/standby option, only shutdown) and in settings there is no sound / pass-through audio displayed.
                                It has cool status bar (semitransparent) but that's possible to achieve without firmware upgrade. Anyway I'll probably poke around, just to see if I'm able to make it work with mt6622/5931 wifi/bt kernel.

Btw. I've compiled and added an 720p kernel, you have the link on first post (you might have to turn off overlay if using it, I'm not sure about that)

Comment

Working...
                                X