Full 1080p Modded Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by avion View Post
    Ok I've found mk808b config for the kernel, with 903 chipset and compiled it.

Here is a link:

Ps. I'm not sure it's going to work as from my experience GPIO pins are very different from case to case, but it might work as well. Give us some feedback if it's working
    Thank you very much! I'll test it today and let you know.

Comment

Ok I've found mk808b config for the kernel, with 903 chipset and compiled it.

Here is a link:

Ps. I'm not sure it's going to work as from my experience GPIO pins are very different from case to case, but it might work as well. Give us some feedback if it's working
      Unfortunately, this one didn't work too.
      It stuck on the "Smart TV" screen. I can't even get to the recovery.
      Thank you anyway!

Comment

Power off & Standby

i see only when i click on stand by the screen goes of and every thing is ruining
        as my USB external HDD still running and should be blinking as no activity

any solution for that to totally Power off
        and if not how to wake it from standby my device is IMITO MX2 (No power button)

Comment

720p kernel is not working, it doesn't displays anything at boot... i'll stick to 1080p, as it works fine with both resolutions

Comment

Originally posted by aldinezi View Post
            720p kernel is not working, it doesn't displays anything at boot... i'll stick to 1080p, as it works fine with both resolutions
            Hmm it might be due to compiled in splashscreen .. I'll take a look when I get some time, right now I'm overloaded with work..

Comment

shutdown VS standby

i already tried many apps from Play store to allow me to Shutdown the device
              but all of them act like you unplugged the Power cord
              and this is going to damage any external HDD or USB drive after some time
              also not good for the OS files

i want an App to do proper shutdown (close opened apps ans system apps , dismount any external storage , etc..) like pressing the Power button in your android phone
              if any body have any suggestion please let me know
              Last edited by scropion86; 02-07-2015, 06:13.

Comment

Originally posted by scropion86 View Post
                i already tried many apps from Play store to allow me to Shutdown the device
                but all of them act like you unplugged the Power cord
                and this is going to damage any external HDD or USB drive after some time
                also not good for the OS files

i want an App to do proper shutdown (close opened apps ans system apps , dismount any external storage , etc..) like pressing the Power button in your android phone
                if any body have any suggestion please let me know
                This firmware has the shutdown function disabled unfortunately. If you worry about mounted media (hdd/sdcard) you can always unmount them manually before turning off the device.

Comment

This firmware has the shutdown function disabled unfortunately. If you worry about mounted media (hdd/sdcard) you can always unmount them manually before turning off the device.
                  thanks a lot avion , so here is a dead end , but over all i will stay o this ROM

Comment

Thanks a lot avion for this wonderful rom. I do have a request though.

Is it possible to get rid of the internal_sd partition completely and map sdcard to the external SD card? If possible, can you please make this a default feature of your roms?

Comment

Does anyone else have a problem with the screen scale resetting everytime you restart? Tried with different kernels, same problem. Only occurs when in 1080p, not in 720p.

Also the latest SPMC don´t show any video, just sound when in 1080p (1920x1080) hdmi mode.

Comment

Originally posted by erik90 View Post
                        Does anyone else have a problem with the screen scale resetting everytime you restart? Tried with different kernels, same problem. Only occurs when in 1080p, not in 720p.

Also the latest SPMC don´t show any video, just sound when in 1080p (1920x1080) hdmi mode.
                        Yep, can confirm screen scale changes dont save after a reboot.

Regarding SPMC,
                        try the Latest Kodi 14.1 with passthrough (libmedia hack), been using it a while. Work perfectly fine on my MK809II

Post #19 for the latest build.

Comment

Originally posted by himmon View Post
                          Yep, can confirm screen scale changes dont save after a reboot.

Regarding SPMC,
                          try the Latest Kodi 14.1 with passthrough (libmedia hack), been using it a while. Work perfectly fine on my MK809II

Post #19 for the latest build.
                          Thank you! But the strange thing is that SPMC Gotham is working with this rom. Will try the Kodi 14.1 with passthrough (libmedia hack). I really need a fix for the screen scale since it´s really annoying to change it every night.

Comment

Avion, great rom! Thank you very much for your hard work on this. Btw, any chance you could integrate TWRP recovery instead of CWM? CWM is a little old and unfriendly for fly air mice and normal mice users.

This guys done some great work with TWRP for our RK3066 Devices.
                            Finless Bobs, integrated it pretty well into a few of his roms too.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by sonopixy View Post
                              Thanks a lot avion for this wonderful rom. I do have a request though.

Is it possible to get rid of the internal_sd partition completely and map sdcard to the external SD card? If possible, can you please make this a default feature of your roms?
                              I guess this is doable, you would need to change fstab and parameter file. I don't have a lot of free time so I can't do this in any reasonable period. I plan only to do some minor kernel tweaks if I discover new drivers and/or sources for the 3066.

Comment

Originally posted by erik90 View Post

This is strange, I'm using it for a past month and so .. and I never had that issue. After the reboot everything gets as it was prior to the reboot. Are you using Imito or some other stick ?

Comment

Working...
                                X