Full 1080p Modded Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by himmon View Post
    Avion, great rom! Thank you very much for your hard work on this. Btw, any chance you could integrate TWRP recovery instead of CWM? CWM is a little old and unfriendly for fly air mice and normal mice users.

This guys done some great work with TWRP for our RK3066 Devices.
    Finless Bobs, integrated it pretty well into a few of his roms too.

Cheers.
    Initially I had an TWRP but unfortunately only build I could find was for 720p and as consequence half of the screen was cutoff. So until I find some 1080p TWRP version I'll stick with CWM as it has everything what's needed.

Comment

Originally posted by avion View Post
      This is strange, I'm using it for a past month and so .. and I never had that issue. After the reboot everything gets as it was prior to the reboot. Are you using Imito or some other stick ?
      Thank you for your work!
      I´m using a stick of another brand. Andersson ADS 2.1. Another thread for my stick.
      Maybe that´s why..
      Is it somehow possible to port this rom for that stick?

Here are photos of the inside (click for large images):

Comment

Originally posted by erik90 View Post
        Thank you for your work!
        I´m using a stick of another brand. Andersson ADS 2.1. Another thread for my stick.
        Maybe that´s why..

To be honest, I wouldn't know even where to start the search for cause of this issue. But one thing is sure, I'll update the kernel with proper timings for the 1080p screen as it seams that everyone needs to decrease the size to get red rectangle on the sizing settings screen. I'll try that probably in the weekend as right now I have a lot to do in my real life job

Comment

Hi Avion, thank you for your work, this rom is really the best and fastest ever tried for my mk808 (not b). I am using it with the overclocked shomari kernel 1608 / 400 / 600 and i can reach 16.300 points with antutu. I'd like to have the support for the usb wifi dongle RTL8192CU USB WiFi (reallay common and cheap). BalintBanyasz did a kernel for that here:

but it's really slow.. Could you please do a kernel with driver support for the wifi dongle RTL8192CU ? Mk808/b has a lot of problems with wifi, and it could be a solution for everyone who has it.

Comment

Originally posted by gurzo82 View Post
            Hi Avion, thank you for your work, this rom is really the best and fastest ever tried for my mk808 (not b). I am using it with the overclocked shomari kernel 1608 / 400 / 600 and i can reach 16.300 points with antutu. I'd like to have the support for the usb wifi dongle RTL8192CU USB WiFi (reallay common and cheap). BalintBanyasz did a kernel for that here:

but it's really slow.. Could you please do a kernel with driver support for the wifi dongle RTL8192CU ? Mk808/b has a lot of problems with wifi, and it could be a solution for everyone who has it.
            Mine kernel is based on BalintBanyasz so I guess it wouldn't make any difference, as a side note wifi is also slower on mine kernel than the original shomary stock rom.

Comment

Mine kernel is based on BalintBanyasz so I guess it wouldn't make any difference, as a side note wifi is also slower on mine kernel than the original shomary stock rom.
              Your Kernel is overclocked...this is probably the difference with the BalintBanyasz one...

Comment

Thank you for your work!
                Maybe that´s why..

I have few additional questions, did you try Shomary rom and is this happening there too ? And another one, how many memory that stick has ? (It might be that for some reason you don't have enough memory so partition where those settings are stored is corrupted)

Comment

Originally posted by gurzo82 View Post
                  Your Kernel is overclocked...this is probably the difference with the BalintBanyasz one...
                  Here you go .. compiled RTL8192CU into the kernel :

(Hope it works)

Comment

Originally posted by aldinezi View Post
                    720p kernel is not working, it doesn't displays anything at boot... i'll stick to 1080p, as it works fine with both resolutions
                    Can you try this one :

I've updated compiled in LOGO to right resolution

Comment

I have few additional questions, did you try Shomary rom and is this happening there too ? And another one, how many memory that stick has ? (It might be that for some reason you don't have enough memory so partition where those settings are stored is corrupted)
                      Yes before I flashed your rom I had Shomari´s rom from this thread.
                      And there was no problem with the screen scale.
                      The stick has 8gb internal memory and I´m not using any microsd-card.

Here is my parameter.txt from the stock rom for my stick:
                      parameter.txt
                      If it´s any help.

Comment

Yes before I flashed your rom I had Shomari´s rom from this thread.
                        And there was no problem with the screen scale.
                        The stick has 8gb internal memory and I´m not using any microsd-card.
                        Did you notice any other settings that's reset ?

Comment

Did you notice any other settings that's reset ?
                          No I think all the other settings is sticking.

Comment

Then it must be the kernel source, ROM is almost entirely identical to shomary stock release except for being rooted / updated etc. There are other minor issues that this kernel has when compared to stock (slower WIFI, suspend not working etc). Only way to fix this issues is to get a fresh copy of original kernel sources that were used to compile the stock rom (.config would be also beneficial).

Unfortunately current sources are using bits and pieces found across the internet (like wifi/bt driver etc.) and are probably outdated.

I've found out place in the code where the hdmi output is scaled and I only need to find out what is exact scaling and update / compile new kernel. At least this way you wouldn't have to bother with scaling every reboot.

Comment

I've found another easier solution to this issue here :

You don't even need the script manager since this ROM has init.d support, it's enough to put that new script inside /etc/init.d/ (or even edit 99SuperSUDaemon and add those 2 lines at the end of the file)

Comment

I've found another easier solution to this issue here :

You don't even need the script manager since this ROM has init.d support, it's enough to put that new script inside /etc/init.d/ (or even edit 99SuperSUDaemon and add those 2 lines at the end of the file)
                                thank you! Will try that!

Comment

Working...
                                X