Full 1080p Modded Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suuuuppeerr!

I've put the new kernel, a patched libmedia.so and I've managed to get a Kodi with HDMI passthru!!
    Thank you very much for your work! If you ever come to Bucharest drop me a PM, I own you a

Comment

Little problems

Hello avion!
      Thank you very much! The ROM with default 1080P kernel works well, but there are little problems:

1) After installing this kernel [ 720p][1608][400][600] http://d-h.st/Sv7M WIFI does not work at all. I would prefer this kernel with working wifi over the default one. It would be great if it is possible.

2) I tried to use video.use.overlay=1 with default kernel, but in this case MX Player does not work correctly in CROP mode.

3) I have not succeed trying to pair with a Bluetooth mouse.

4) I also have "scale not persisting" problem, and the hack with init.d script posted earlier unfortunately changes nothing.

5) What is the most correct way to shutdown the device? How to unmount HDD? Only with terminal?

Comment

Originally posted by alexbur View Post
        Hello avion!
        Thank you very much! The ROM with default 1080P kernel works well, but there are little problems:

1) After installing this kernel [ 720p][1608][400][600] http://d-h.st/Sv7M WIFI does not work at all. I would prefer this kernel with working wifi over the default one. It would be great if it is possible.

2) I tried to use video.use.overlay=1 with default kernel, but in this case MX Player does not work correctly in CROP mode.

3) I have not succeed trying to pair with a Bluetooth mouse.

4) I also have "scale not persisting" problem, and the hack with init.d script posted earlier unfortunately changes nothing.

5) What is the most correct way to shutdown the device? How to unmount HDD? Only with terminal?
        1) That's really strange, I could bet that I didn't change anything else .. only the resolution in that kernel. Anyway I've recompiled the kernel (changed only the resolution) with current code, here it is .. try and report if that worked: http://d-h.st/0h77

2) Did you have the same issue with stock shomary image ?

3) I think bluetooth isn't working fully .. I did successfully transfer some files from phone to the stick but other BT devices seams to have problem. Thing is that right now we are using the only available BT driver for the kernel and there is noting much to do

4) Did you try to edit that existing script or added a new one?

5) This is problem and it's not only depending on the kernel, firmware has the shutdown disabled and unfortunately there is no way around it. You can unmount HDD trough the android settings I guess, if not I'm sure there are a lot of custom apps that should do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by avion View Post
          Yep .. that was 720p kernel .. and here is an 1080 variant :
          Hello Avion
          In the above kernel the ethernet is working, but the wireless is not. In your default kernel the wireless is working, but not the ethernet.
          Is there any way that I could have both of them ? Chipset is MediaTеk MT5931SA All-In-One Wireless LAN MediaTek MT6622N MT6622 Bluetooth v2.1+EDR.

I'm asking because there are some crazy apps asking for wireless, even if the wired connection is on.

Comment

dmesg shows that it is trying to load realtek 8188 wireless driver..mine is mediatek

Comment

Originally posted by Mitica View Post
              Hello Avion
              In the above kernel the ethernet is working, but the wireless is not. In your default kernel the wireless is working, but not the ethernet.
              Is there any way that I could have both of them ? Chipset is MediaTеk MT5931SA All-In-One Wireless LAN MediaTek MT6622N MT6622 Bluetooth v2.1+EDR.

I'm asking because there are some crazy apps asking for wireless, even if the wired connection is on.
              Can you post your dmesg so I can see if the wifi driver is even loaded ?

Comment

dmesg.txt
                Hmm.. it seems that the driver is correct, sorry
                This seems to be the issue :[MTK-WIFI] WIFI_write: WMT fail to get wlan0 net device, sleep 300ms

Comment

Originally posted by Mitica View Post
                  [ATTACH]10834[/ATTACH]
                  Hmm.. it seems that the driver is correct, sorry
                  This seems to be the issue :[MTK-WIFI] WIFI_write: WMT fail to get wlan0 net device, sleep 300ms
                  Hm I'm going to shoot at the dark, can you turn of and on the WIFI in settings and see what happens ?

Comment

Solved.. I had to unplug the network cable disable the ethernet, reboot.
                    After reboot I was able to bring on wifi

Comment

Originally posted by avion View Post
                      1) That's really strange, I could bet that I didn't change anything else .. only the resolution in that kernel. Anyway I've recompiled the kernel (changed only the resolution) with current code, here it is .. try and report if that worked: http://d-h.st/0h77

2) Did you have the same issue with stock shomary image ?

3) I think bluetooth isn't working fully .. I did successfully transfer some files from phone to the stick but other BT devices seams to have problem. Thing is that right now we are using the only available BT driver for the kernel and there is noting much to do

4) Did you try to edit that existing script or added a new one?

5) This is problem and it's not only depending on the kernel, firmware has the shutdown disabled and unfortunately there is no way around it. You can unmount HDD trough the android settings I guess, if not I'm sure there are a lot of custom apps that should do the trick.
                      1) The new 720P kernel http://d-h.st/0h77 also disables wifi. After returning the default kernel everything is ok. With that 720P kernel I also received a message "an application attempted to use a bad version of google play, requested by com.google.gsf.login". No such problem with 1080P. I noticed that 720P kernels are less in size by approximately 600K. Can it mean anything?

2) Have not tried the shomary image. My previous image was Android 4.2.2

4) I tried to edit that existing script. I tried to append after the last line and second time tried to insert between the existing two lines.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by alexbur View Post
                        1) The new 720P kernel http://d-h.st/0h77 also disables wifi. After returning the default kernel everything is ok. With that 720P kernel I also received a message "an application attempted to use a bad version of google play, requested by com.google.gsf.login". No such problem with 1080P. I noticed that 720P kernels are less in size by approximately 600K. Can it mean anything?

2) Have not tried the shomary image. My previous image was Android 4.2.2

4) I tried to edit that existing script. I tried to append after the last line and second time tried to insert between the existing two lines.

Thank you!
                        1) It might be that google updates were relaying on the screen resolution. In this case, resolution is to get latest gapps and import them in recovery mode.

2) You can download original kernel on the first page

4) Did you try the command line ? You can test that manually, change the scaling and enter the command .. it should put the scaling back to the original. You would need to 1. Setup scaling, 2. read the values, 3. change the scaling to some wrong dimensions 4. try the command line with read values

If the command line is working then init.d isn't executing command on boot.

Comment

avion,

I'm really thankful for the effort on your custom rom. You made my day, your rom is excellent.

Now, I noticed an issue on the screen scaling like the other members posted earlier on reboot it forgets the settings. You posted a solution to import the params manually. I didn't do that for some reason you can trick it to save the res scales by trial and errors. The problem resides how you turn it off even that your not disconnecting it from the power source. On rebooting it's displaying a notification that it's not properly shutdown and it didn't save the changes.

Something else, I noticed sometimes high cpu usage. The process "System" uses about 50 or 57 % can be fixed by reboot simply. I don't know why it's doing that, by default it uses 2~3% then it drops down..

PS: Can we import all kind of drivers to one firmware? I mean different wifi, bt, lan chipsets and cams.

Overall, still I like your Rom! Fast, responsive even on lowest cpu speed

Thank you..

Comment

Originally posted by ramx2 View Post
                            avion,

I'm really thankful for the effort on your custom rom. You made my day, your rom is excellent.

Now, I noticed an issue on the screen scaling like the other members posted earlier on reboot it forgets the settings. You posted a solution to import the params manually. I didn't do that for some reason you can trick it to save the res scales by trial and errors. The problem resides how you turn it off even that your not disconnecting it from the power source. On rebooting it's displaying a notification that it's not properly shutdown and it didn't save the changes.

Something else, I noticed sometimes high cpu usage. The process "System" uses about 50 or 57 % can be fixed by reboot simply. I don't know why it's doing that, by default it uses 2~3% then it drops down..

PS: Can we import all kind of drivers to one firmware? I mean different wifi, bt, lan chipsets and cams.

Overall, still I like your Rom! Fast, responsive even on lowest cpu speed

Thank you..
                            Problem with shutdown is that it can be anything, from wrong PIN somewhere ( I carefully copied and setup those so it's not the case probably) to different rk3066 kernel driver sources. Thing is that we are compiling kernel based on only available source there is and unfortunately support is being dropped for rk3066 chipset in favor of more modern devices. In other words, stock firmware is surely using different sources and they might have some triggers or event functionality that our source doesn't. Since they didn't supply the community with updated kernel source we can't do much there. We don't even have the configs for the kernel and it's almost a luck that we could compile an working version of it.

Rebooting the device should work 100%, in that case there shouldn't be any notification "Not properly shutdown". Problem is with shutdown and standby .. those are not working as expected, actually standby is working but waking up from standby isn't, and I just can't figure out why is that.

Personally, I'm putting the device in standby when I wan't to turn it off .. and I didn't experience any lost of data during this procedure (I did it a loooooot of times)

About that system issue .. I'm not sure what could be causing that, it shouldn't be the kernel but I can't say for sure (everything else is stock, nothing has been changed other than configuration)

Regarding the drivers, all those drivers present for 3.0.10+ kernel should be possible to compile with excerpt for integrated chips. Thing is that there is no way of compiling MT6622 and/or 5931 and some other chipset driver for the rk3066 for example .. you can use one or another as those are SOC chipsets (heavily integrated stuff that has predefined combinations of chips etc.)

Comment

Well do you consider me doing something when issues occurs? Maybe it could help you out debug it?

I forgot to tell you that Rikomagic released a new firmware 4.4 for the newest gen RKM MK802IIIS8G(B) FW_141230 https://copy.com/TcYFEYvjMNNkVZkn source page: http://www.rikomagic.com/en/download/download_42_1.html

I tried it on the first gen Rikomagic MK802IIIS8G(B) wifi and bt didn't work out due to different BT and Wifi chipsets as I recall they are using Broadcom chips. Mine are from Media tek, but the firmware is operational, maybe you could use it and implement wifi and bt drivers from your own rom
                              Last edited by ramx2; 03-16-2015, 11:04.

Comment

Hi avion

I tried to rebuild kernel from the source you mentioned in your first post then flash the kernel but it just stuck on first screen i tried to rebuild with toolchain arm-eabi-linaro-4.6.2 this just stuck on boot screen, if try to rebuild with arm-linux-androideabi-4.7 this gives me no boot at all.

any idea what i am doing wrong? i want to rebuild kernel with touchscreen driver.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X