X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW - iMito MX1 - Finless ROM 1.4 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Hello again folks!
    I am back with a new ROM for the iMito MX1
    I am calling this 1.4 like all my first ROMs. It is made from the latest 11/19 ROM from Imito. This is the ROM that solves the changing MAC address problem.

BUG NOTE:
    Well this maybe not a bug but intended by iMito. Anytime the MX1 is booted AND the OTG port is plugged into a PC, it will boot with USB storage turned on! What this means is on boot up you will not be able to see the internal SDcard or the External SDcard from within Android. On your PC you see the removable drives because on boot they are mounted to the PC not Android.
    Now you can turn this OFF once booted. Go into settings and USB. You will see PC connection is grayed out.
    1) Click it and it will then put the check box in "conneted". Odd it is OFF by defualt even though it is really connected to the PC.
    2) Now turn it off and it will unmount the SDcards from your PC and you can now see them in Android.
    HOWEVER... Realize next reboot, it will be on again.
    In my opinion this should not work this way but at least you can turn it off once booted.
    The other work around is to always hook up the USB cable to the back micro USB port not the OTG port.
    The back port ONLY powers the unit. There is no data connection on this port for PC.
    This solves that issue. But remember the back port will NEVER connect to a PC or allow ROM flashes.
    Only the OTG port allows that.

Features in 1.4 ROM:

1) Fully rooted with the latest SU and SUperUser.apk
    2) All GAPPs updated to latest. This includes the latest Play Store and GMS Core.
    3) Debloated of unusable APPs and junk.
    4) Cleaned up the file system so it is not fragmented! Basicly I used linux tune2fs when making the images.
    5) I added a reboot APP that will allow you to reboot the device from the Android UI. No more unplugging the unit!

6) Full init.d support has been added! If you do not know what that is... ignore it.
    Basically it allows you to install scripts that run at boot time.
    If your interested, google search V6SuperCharger for a neat speed booster script.

7) I added the Xbox Xpad.ko module to support Xbox controllers.
    8) I added md4 and cifs KO modules.

In the ROM kit there is a read me! This has full instructions for how to upgrade. So PLEASE read the read me!

Here is my Finless 1.4 MX1 ROM:

ROM -> iMito MX1 Finless 1.4 ROM (226 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 12-16-2014, 17:06.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Thanks Bob for your continuous work developing these ROMs.

My name is Leo and I am a complete novice when it comes to Android devices. I have been contemplating buying the MX1, MX2 or Minix NEO X5 but right now, am a bit unsure which route I should go. My understanding is that the X5 has an Ethernet port which should be great for someone with crappy wifi like i have, not to mention the extra USB ports.

At the same time, I am not sure what the community feels about the device or whether you and the other brilliant minds in this forum would be interested in developing ROM for it. Is developing ROM for the Minix X5 something you could be interested in?

As far as MX1 and MX2, to your knowledge, would it be possible to use your new ROM on the MX2? The MX2 seems cheaper and I like the fact of the aluminum case.

sorry for the bombardment of questions, and if anyone out there wants to pitch in their opinions, I highly appreciate it. Meanwhile, once again, thanks for developing these ROMs. I will certainly drop in a donation to help all the time you put into these.

leo

Comment

Thanks a lot Bob! I will be flashing this tonight

Comment

ROM downloading Problem

Thank you for the ROM. I'd like to try it but I have a problem to download it from this site. I get a message that I should log in, but I already logged in.

Can you please upload the ROM to another location?

Thank you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sergeyp View Post
          Thank you for the ROM. I'd like to try it but I have a problem to download it from this site. I get a message that I should log in, but I already logged in.

Can you please upload the ROM to another location?

Thank you!!!
          Logout. Then at the top of this web site login there but MAKE SURE you check the box "keep me logged in".

Bob

Comment

Problem downloading files

I logged out and tried to log in and now I always get a message that my password is wrong. I reset my password and still cannot log in. To post a message to you I registered again with another e-mail and username.

Comment

Downloading problem

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              Logout. Then at the top of this web site login there but MAKE SURE you check the box "keep me logged in".

Bob
              The problem has been solved. I'm downloading the file. Thank you very much for the help. I will install the ROM tomorrow.

Sergey

Comment

thx mate for this..i wasnt happy with my mx1.. for some reason all video are a bit jerky ..seems to be dropping frames and i hate the wirless..any chance of fixing wirless connection/speed issues ?

also could you please tell me which v6 supercharger script and busy box to use in this?? i was reading their thread and it just went over my head :P

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by XinfinityoO View Post
                  thx mate for this..i wasnt happy with my mx1.. for some reason all video are a bit jerky ..seems to be dropping frames and i hate the wirless..any chance of fixing wirless connection/speed issues ?

also could you please tell me which v6 supercharger script and busy box to use in this?? i was reading their thread and it just went over my head :P

thanks
                  I have already installed what I think is the best busybox! As suggested by the V6 script post. As for which to run. Sorry man... I have not played too much with them all yet. Your on your own to test!

BUT... be a good man and "pay it back" and let others know what you found the best!

Bob

Comment

Thanks a lot Bob!

Comment

i am getting the message ..

device can not do Flash Mode, because of no drive

when i click on reboot to flash mode

it does say found rkandroid mass storage android

Comment

Flashed this evening...watched a movie on it and everything is running well! Thanks for including the xbox controller package, now I don't need to have a mouse hooked up anymore. Awesome rom Bob!

Comment

This is great! I'm already on the updated rom (19th Nov) but will flash this one after work since it has a few tweaks.

I had a peak inside the zip and see its the manual method. MX1's with the 5th Nov or newer ROMS can directly flash updates from the microsd card in the form of an update.img. Do you think its possible to use this format in your next iterations (that is if you choose to make anymore roms for the MX1)? Just means its a bit quicker and easier on the user end.

Comment

OK I have answered this a few times but this is the problem with making a update.img that is flashable from SDcard.

Manufacturers put kernel in boot.img. This is the ONLY way update.img can update the kernel. If kernel is in boot.img then the stand alone kernel.img is never used. In fact it doesnt even need to be there. However if kernel in not in boot.img then the stand alone kernel.img is used. BUT... update.img cannot update a kernel this way because a kernel has to be running for it to its job.

Now there is a special HASH used when making boot.img with the kernel in it. To date NO DEV I know of has figured out how this hash works and how to recreate it. Thus to make a custom ROM and add things like xpad.ko on boot up, we have to take apart boot.img and make it stand alone with stand alone kernel.img. We cannot make a new boot.img with kernel in it as we cant recreate the hash.

So to get my tweaks to boot.img, it cannot be update.img as you will not get the new kernel when it updates!
                            Additionally update.img cannot repartition NAND. I did not do it in this ROM because APP space is already 1gig but if you weanted say 2gig, update.img cannot do that.

So sorry I cannot make a update.img that will flash from SDcard. I can make a update.img but it must use RKBatch tool to flash.

Bob

Comment

managed to get the rom installed.
                              it is way better then the original rom. thanks for the hard work. the only problem i have is wireless signal dropping off and low speed.

the purpose of a tv dongle is so that it can be used wireless, it deficits he purpose if you connect a network cable to it. the manufacturers are just trying to make money without even testing their product. and i am not sure how geekbuying does their review as it was incorrect and biased.

anyways i hope a developer would be able to resolve this issue. i belive it uses mediatek chip and no source code for drivers at the moment

Comment

Working...
                              X