iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Aren't there some epoxies made for this type of thing? I certainly don't want to mess up anything with the wrong kind of glue, but I would think it would be easier to glue down the connector before it comes loose. I thought I read about a particular brand name of epoxy on another thread. If I find it, I will relay the info, but I don't want to hijack this thread.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk 2

Comment

FIXED

OK I have an MX2, previously updated to 11/29 OS
      I followed the instructions (I think!)
      Got into flash mode, drivers rebooted, etc
      back in flash mode, ran flash tool
      flash tool says at the bottom "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb".
      made my selections and...
      I was not sure on the instructions where it said
      ANYTIME you want to change parameter ALWAYS click the Erase NAND (IDB) button
      So I clicked NAND erase - it completed OK
      then I clicked flash ROM - it seemed to complete OK

Unit rebooted to recovery - looked like it was flashing and then rebooted

And now it boot loops at the logo screen, which now shows iMito MX1 so part of the flash took.
      Any thoughts?
      Should I have rooted before performing this flash?

UPDATE
      After some searching i was about to try the pin shorting trick. But found a thread that suggested trying the reset button.
      held it down until Flash tool again dispayed "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb" - YAY
      Erased NAND, Flashed ROM and now I am Finless!
      Thanks Bob!
      Not sure what happened the 1st time, but this time I used an external "good" pwer supply (as opposed to running of my PCs USB pwr) and grabbed my GS3 USB cable for flashing.

Noticed there are 2 reset switches on my MX2, 1 is accessible via the reset hole in the plastic and the other (on the opp side of PCA) is not. Anyone know what this 2nd switch does?
      Last edited by micl9; 01-02-2013, 21:22.
      mmmm Donuts... and Cyanogen Nightlies... Got CM?
      GS III CM10 SkyRocket CM10 Glide CM10 NookColor CM10 TouchPad CM10 XperiaPlay StkGB iMito MX2 Finless 1.5

Comment

The one inside causes a reset of NAND memory like it just came out of the factory and never had a ROM in it. This is used to unbrick should something bad happen that causes the reset button not to work.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

SMSC LAN7500

You think you can include the SMSC LAN7500 module with this? The Asix AXX#### is no longer being built because of heat issues I read somewhere? The new chipset is the SMSC 7500, so that would be a plus! It's the Gigabit USB adapter being sold everywhere on **** now. Kinda like the 9700 for 10/100, but for gigabit...

Code:
          http://linux-arm.org/git?p=linux-2.6-armdroid.git;a=commit;h=d0cad871703

Comment

Originally posted by levtop View Post
            I have owned an mx2 for little over 3 weeks. Is your plan is to buy he mx2 for better wifi? based on my experiences that is not a good reason to purchase this device. I have moved the mx2 to less then 1 foot away from wireless router during testing and I was never able to maintain a solid signal. For your info the female power port has dislocated from the mb after very light usage over 3 weeks. The device is useable without the power port.

Ben
            I have my MX2 ca. 5 meters away from my router.
            The signal isnt perfect but stable on 2/4 lines.
            Didnt had wifi problems at all time.
            But I read something about the wifi signal, you have to turn the mx2 a little bit that in the front of the larger side of the imito the router stands.
            And if nothing works, watch videos like: "how to install external wifi antennas on MK802" or something like that, I saw how someone took two wifi antennas from his old router and plugged them on his android mini pc, now he has perfect signal
            After flashing finless 1.5 I only have one problem and this is, that I cant play n64 with two controllers and I go crazy because it.
            I tried it yesterday for over 3 hours and nothing works...
            Now my last chance is one play with the controller and another with an bluetooth controller but i havnt one...
            Last edited by D4rk3n3mi3; 01-03-2013, 06:01. Reason: got more for Wifi problems

Comment

NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Originally posted by showkit View Post
              I checked today and I am running Hulu Plus 1.0.116. I also tried to sideload from Nexus 7 apk with no joy. With Finless' 1.5 ROM app success just downloading from Google Play Store, I decided just to try a standard download. No errors or rejections with Finless iMito 1.5.
              This is the same version as the landscape mod version on xda that rsbuffalo mentioned. The mod version works but is not as good as the latest. It is a shame the latest version doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Xizor View Post
                Hi Pete,
                If you mean the iMito MX2, it's exactly the same as the MX1 except with a plastic case.
                Morning fella,
                Thanks for that.
                I have gone and brought one, just hoping no wifi issues when it arrives.
                Looking forward to rooting etc, but will need to find which actual rom i need etc as alot of post and do not want to get lost maybe bricking it.
                Looks like a nice bit of kit, hopefully it will perform.
                Will keep tabs on thread for further posts to see what works and does not.
                Again many special thanks to FINLESS of whom spend his time in making our lives easier.
                Best wishes
                Pete
                Last edited by Wingchundub; 01-03-2013, 11:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbardi View Post
                  I like the soft power off feature, however I can't figure out how to wake it up after I powered it off. Is there some kind of key combination I am missing? I hope I don't have to unplug it and plug it back in just to get it out of power off mode, otherwise the whole feature would seem kind of useless.
                  if i power off with the power button on the taskbar i can restart by hitting Ctrl/Alt/Del on usb keyboard,
                  it takes a while to start but seems to work well.

if powered off using "RKRemotecontrol" the device goes into a "sleep" mode and will instantly wake on hitting ANY button on mouse or keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingchundub View Post
                    Morning fella,
                    Thanks for that.
                    I have gone and brought one, just hoping no wifi issues when it arrives.
                    Looking forward to rooting etc, but will need to find which actual rom i need etc as alot of post and do not want to get lost maybe bricking it.
                    Looks like a nice bit of kit, hopefully it will perform.
                    Will keep tabs on thread for further posts t see what works and does not.
                    Best wishes
                    Pete
                    Hey,
                    if you want the best for now, install finless 1.5 (in my oppinion with 720p works smoother)that is little harder to do but it works fine if you read the readme, but if you want to have less work, try the newest stock rom with root, thats good too.
                    Read on http://blog.geekbuying.com/ especially for your device, there are all new news about it and an how to root and how to flash stock rom, thats very easy.
                    Greez Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by RalphS View Post
                      ok - please - maybe someone can help me understand this.

So -- I went to a friend's house to do this... (this was before I read that I can probably do it without the tv connection).

#1 - at his house - my MX1 is getting 20MB download speeds... we both have WIreless N modems that we purchased within the last 2 months.. Mine is an ASUS his is a linksys.. at my place - it's only getting 1MB.. all my other wifi devices get 20MB in the apt but the MX1. So that's weird.

#2 - I started it - it recognized the MX1 - it was in mass storage mode.. but - it said that there was no disk so it couldn't do the flash mode thingy.

Any thoughts on either 1 or 2?

again.. I would really appreciate any insight on this.

check out my post at the bottom of the page here : http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechfo...hp?f=76&t=1054

Comment

Well it had work with External keyboard. Thanks. Still couldn't activate the F keys but is ok in this way. Thanks for help.

Originally posted by D4rk3n3mi3 View Post
                        Hey, it works with nullkeyboard you have to change the standard keyboard to null keyboard.
                        But try External Keyboard Helper Pro, that is as easy as null keyboard and it does more.
                        First: it hides the soft keyboard
                        second: it includes more layouts, like german or others
                        third: it uses the "special keys" on the keyboard right
                        like the Enter Key, act like the key on windows, when you are on a link or in a textbox it start the search or opens the link and dousnt act like the left mouse button.
                        It also know the combines of keys, like ALT+Q for @ and so on.
                        Really a nice app, works perfekt with my wireless keyboard.

I am sure this app will help you too with your F Keys on your keyboard, on my keyboard are Things with "FN+Keys" like louder or Play/Pause and they work fine after installing external keyboard helper.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sry that I was so angry in my last Post but it was terrible to work with finless rom on 1080p.
                        Now I flashed the same Rom with 720p and all works fine, its smooth (not like my note 2 but ok like my old note with 4.0.4) and stable, no problems with ram or any apps.
                        Perfekt ROM now, thanks BOB for this awesome Rom.

I have a Question, I have connected my 2 wireless XBox Controllers on my iMito MX2 and they both worked on the android ui without problems.
                        In my n64oid it has the bug where the controller pushes all time long on the left side, but there is an video on the internet to fix that.
                        My problem is, I cant play with 2 same XBox controllers with n64oid.
                        I mapped the keys for the first controller and all worked fine, then I mapped the Keys for the second controller and all worked fine too, but the first controller does nothing after mapping the keys from the second.
                        I will try to connect my wireless PS3 controller with an xbox controller maybe it will work with two different.
                        And I will fixe the Problem with the left rotation
                        I want to play Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart 64 with my friend.
                        I hope someone can help me, I cant find something like that in Youtube or anywhere...
                        Greez Daniel

Comment

can u give me a link to this thread?
                          where do i find this reset button? how to use it? i already disassembled the whole device but couldnt find one? do you have a picture where it is marked?

cheers,
                          toby

Originally posted by micl9 View Post
                          OK I have an MX2, previously updated to 11/29 OS
                          I followed the instructions (I think!)
                          Got into flash mode, drivers rebooted, etc
                          back in flash mode, ran flash tool
                          flash tool says at the bottom "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb".
                          made my selections and...
                          I was not sure on the instructions where it said
                          ANYTIME you want to change parameter ALWAYS click the Erase NAND (IDB) button
                          So I clicked NAND erase - it completed OK
                          then I clicked flash ROM - it seemed to complete OK

Unit rebooted to recovery - looked like it was flashing and then rebooted

And now it boot loops at the logo screen, which now shows iMito MX1 so part of the flash took.
                          Any thoughts?
                          Should I have rooted before performing this flash?

UPDATE
                          After some searching i was about to try the pin shorting trick. But found a thread that suggested trying the reset button.
                          held it down until Flash tool again dispayed "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb" - YAY
                          Erased NAND, Flashed ROM and now I am Finless!
                          Thanks Bob!
                          Not sure what happened the 1st time, but this time I used an external "good" pwer supply (as opposed to running of my PCs USB pwr) and grabbed my GS3 USB cable for flashing.

Noticed there are 2 reset switches on my MX2, 1 is accessible via the reset hole in the plastic and the other (on the opp side of PCA) is not. Anyone know what this 2nd switch does?

Comment

Originally posted by D4rk3n3mi3 View Post
                            Hey,
                            if you want the best for now, install finless 1.5 (in my oppinion with 720p works smoother)that is little harder to do but it works fine if you read the readme, but if you want to have less work, try the newest stock rom with root, thats good too.
                            Read on http://blog.geekbuying.com/ especially for your device, there are all new news about it and an how to root and how to flash stock rom, thats very easy.
                            Greez Daniel
                            Hi Daniel,
                            I am one for wanting to learn new things always and do not mind working on new things even if it stresses me sometimes, but that's point of learning hey lol.
                            I got into android with my zopo zp200 phone 10 month ago, then brought my boys this xmas the sammy tab 7 plus's which they love the things, bonus being you can do anything with them due to being opn source unlike "cr"apple.
                            Would you say from your experience using the imito, is stock rom stable an good or would you say go with finless rom's.
                            Can't wait for mine to come, like akid in a sweet shop lol.
                            Best wishes
                            Pete
                            Last edited by Wingchundub; 01-04-2013, 08:14.

Comment

Re: NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Originally posted by canedha View Post
                              can u give me a link to this thread?
                              where do i find this reset button? how to use it? i already disassembled the whole device but couldnt find one? do you have a picture where it is marked?

cheers,
                              toby
                              there are mx1s, on which the is no reset button. If it persist, its next to the hdmi port, a little hole.

if there's nothing behind the hole in yours take care how long you push a pin inside, the switch is about 2mm far inside.

you can use the shorting method too (u can find it in the first few posts of this thread)

the flashing is simple, while pushing the reset (or shorting two pins) you plug the usb cable in the otg port, then select appropriate drivers, the use rockchip flash tool for stock roms

Sent from SGS III GT-I9300 🙋🙎🙍🙇🙅🙌

Comment

Originally posted by Wingchundub View Post
                                Hi Daniel,
                                I am one for wanting to learn new things always and do not mind working on new things even if it stresses me sometimes, but that's point of learning hey lol.
                                I got ito android with my zopo zp200 phone 10 month ago, then brought my boys this xmas the sammy tab 7 plus's and love the things you an do with them.
                                Would you say from your experience using the imito, is stock rom stable an good or would you say go with finless rom's.
                                Can't wait for mine to come, like akid in a sweet shop lol.
                                Best wishes
                                Pete
                                First, if you have android devices only since 10 month its little harder to flash a custom rom but if you are a little technican then it youd work well.
                                Second, if you use the device as little pc only for browsing and hearing music or some not crazy stuff, then the stock rom is all you need, maybe with root (thats very easy to do)
                                But I oben more than 5-10 apps all time long and then the stock rom sticks a bit and these custom roms are good because the most useless stuff isnt there anymore and the whole system works faster and more stable (only if it is under full use).

If you use the normal market apps and surf a little bit and watch youtube, then the stock rom would be the easier way and good as a custom rom.
                                Its easy to use out of the box, and me as a technican worked some weeks with stock without root because I did not know what I can do with root or custom roms.
                                Now after ca. 6 weeks I have a custom Rom since 2 Days and I do the adjustment since then
                                Now I can play N64 Emu with one PS3 and one xbox controller but the most roms are crap...
                                I hope I could help you.

Comment

Working...
                                X