No announcement yet.

iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not all wifi routers especially N are the same! It can be many many things!
    As you saw yourself it worked well at another place with a different router. It's hard to determine the issue as there are again many variables.

First thing is see if your router has a firmware update.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

That was the first thing I did - -- I am currently on the newest wifi firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by cyma_6mm View Post
        I get an error when installing drivers on windows 8 64bit. any solution?
        can you help Finless? thanks

Comment

can you help Finless? thanks
          Cant help to much with win8 as I do not have that. But there are many people that reported it will work. As I recall you have to ignore driver signing or somehting.

Try searching this forum for Windows8

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

success

Thanks Bob. Excellent install instructions, worked first time! Mx1 devce of the year.

Comment

sixassis controller apk

I am able to flash the MX1 custom rom by bob and everything seems to be working fine.

However, since there is no touch screen, it seems that the touch emulation by sixaxis controller app will not work. Does anyone have any ideas on making it work

Comment

Originally posted by wersin3230 View Post
                I am able to flash the MX1 custom rom by bob and everything seems to be working fine.

However, since there is no touch screen, it seems that the touch emulation by sixaxis controller app will not work. Does anyone have any ideas on making it work
                Nope nope nope. Apparently the stock rom is supposed to have a "touch screen" but somewhere along the way it disappeared.

Comment

imito mx1 sixassis controller apk

imito mx1 sixasis controller apk touch emulation will be disabled. help the problem.

Comment

can not get MX1 into flash mode

I can not get to step 4. I have the "no found RKandroid USB". I followed the step 1,2,3 and had to change nothing in the MX1. Everything was as it said it should be set to. I am using win7 64bit OS on laptop, USB 2.0 not 3.0 port. any ideas as to what I need to change?

***note additional information added***

I solved the problem. I tryed using one of the other USB 2.0 ports on the laptop and it worked. Found RKAndroid mass storage came up right away. I did have to use the Alternate reboot (RKBatch tool) to put it in flash mode the first time from Imito stock rom. The second time it worked the standard way( I reflashed to increase the 2GB to 4GB). Finless Bob ROM 1.5 is working well.

Now I need to install the driver for my Ultra eXo Bluetooth keyboard with Touchpad and USB camera.

Thanks and Merry Christmas
                    Last edited by danzeman; 12-26-2012, 01:48.

Comment

Silly question but can I update from 1.4 to 1.5 without losing all my apps and settings? Just got my MX2 just the way I want it

Comment

Awww screw it. I flashed it anyway. Thanks Bob for the awesome ROM.

Comment

Flashing from Linux

hi all, id like to flash this ROM but i have linux only. are there any fastboot methods or perhaps tools that are not windows specific? thanks

Comment

Win8 Driver-Installation

I get an error when installing drivers on windows 8 64bit. any solution?
                            So, one of the big issues I’ve had with the Windows 8 is that Microsoft now not only forces you to use Digitally Signed Drivers (this isn’t new, as Windows 7 requires them as well), but also checks to see if the driver has been modified and will fail to install if it has.
                            This is a problem for anyone who needs to modify a driver .INF to support their device (*cough*Android ADB Drivers*cough*). Fortunately, there is a (slightly complicated) workaround.
                            To get started:
                            1. From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
                            2. Click ‘More PC Settings’.
                            3. Click ‘General’.
                            4. Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
                            5. Wait a bit.
                            6. Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
                            7. Click ‘Advanced Options’
                            8. Click ‘Windows Startup Settings’
                            9. Click Restart.
                            10. ???
                            11. Profit!
                            When your computer restarts, select ‘Disable driver signature enforcement‘ from the list. You can now load your modified driver. Reboot again once the driver is installed and all will be well.
                            Update (June 5th, 2012): As requested in the comments below, you can permanently enable Test Mode () by opening an Elevated Command Prompt and typing the following commands, then rebooting:
                            bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
                            bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON
                            To turn it off again, use these commands:
                            bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
                            bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF
                            Standard disclaimer that by enabling Test Mode you are opening yourself to potential maliciousness, blah blah blah. I’m going to assume that if you’re going to do this you’ll have the common sense to verify things before installing them. Don’t blame me if your computer bursts in to flames!
                            Update (November 8th, 2012): Someone attempted to post a useful comment pointing out that one can use the shutdown command line tool to reboot in to the Advanced Options menu so you can skip the GUI tools above, however they fell short in their first sentence by insulting me – so I deleted the comment. If they wish to try again, without being rude, I’ll be more than happy to approve their comment and give them credit.
                            You can type the following command in a command prompt window (or create a shortcut, if you’ll be using it so often) to reboot in to the Advanced Options menu and disable driver signature enforcement:
                            shutdown -o -r -t 0
                            For the record, I know the reason Microsoft gave for removing the F8 prompt, but that doesn’t mean I have to agree with them.
                            Source: Laslow.net (Last tip worked for me (shutdown -o -r -t 0))

Comment

Originally posted by RalphS View Post
                              ok - please - maybe someone can help me understand this.

So -- I went to a friend's house to do this... (this was before I read that I can probably do it without the tv connection).

#1 - at his house - my MX1 is getting 20MB download speeds... we both have WIreless N modems that we purchased within the last 2 months.. Mine is an ASUS his is a linksys.. at my place - it's only getting 1MB.. all my other wifi devices get 20MB in the apt but the MX1. So that's weird.

#2 - I started it - it recognized the MX1 - it was in mass storage mode.. but - it said that there was no disk so it couldn't do the flash mode thingy.

Any thoughts on either 1 or 2?

again.. I would really appreciate any insight on this.
                              Are you using the MX's Bluetooth connection?
                              When I connect the PS3 controller my d/l speeds drop hard - to the region of 1MB/s and I am even losing the connection sometimes. I already thought about using ROM without internal BT support and USB BT module

Comment

Originally posted by plani View Post
                                Which USB Webcam run with that Image + Skype.
                                Works nobody with a webcam + Skype. - My Lifecam dos'nt work with Android Stick !

Comment

Working...
                                X