No announcement yet.

iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank screen after changing LCD density from 160 to 240 on kernel 1080p . Any Help out there?

Imito MX1 on finless ROM1.5
    kernel 1080 with boot 1080 selected
    Parameter 2gb app space chosen

Hi Guys!
    After flashing finless 1.5 successfully without a hitch I wanted to increase the size of the icons and text on the 1080p screen. So I followed directions in the readme doc for changing the LCD density, by removing the # from the 240 line and adding # to the 160 line in the /system/build.prop file. As shown below...

#ro.sf.lcd_density=160
    ro.sf.lcd_density=240

Saved then rebooted. After that, the only thing I see is the boot screen load.... then a Blank Screen!!! arrrgh . I tried powering off and on the device a couple times and every time a get I get the same result. Windows no longer detects the device and the internal SD card will not mount to PC. So I'm unable to see the Android OS and Windows no longer detects the usb device making reflashing impossible. Did I just brick my Imito device??

If so, should I try unbricking my MX1 by shorting out the pads as done with the UG802 unbricking process??

Or is there another way around where I can edit/replace the build.prop file to its original state?

Any advice,
    much appreciated,
    thanks,

Knowdough

Comment

I doubt the brick happened by changing build.prop. I tested chnaging that many times.
      What bricks these things is unpugging them when the system is writing data to /data.
      This is why you should always use the power button thing on the status bar or the reboot APP and use power off.

Yes you will have to short the pads and reflash. Sorry but this is a limitation these devices have. Android does not like to be shut off without unmounting partitions.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        What bricks these things is unpugging them when the system is writing data to /data.
        This is why you should always use the power button thing on the status bar or the reboot APP and use power off.
        Yep, after editing and saving the build.prop file; I used the "reboot APP" to reboot instead of shutting down. Not all the functions on the APP seem to work correctly though. For example:

-"Boot to recovery" brings me to a image of a broken Android with a red exclamation.

-"Boot to bootloader" seems to shut down the device / give me a blank screen / or put me in Flash Mode

-"Turn Off Device" does not completely shutdown, but reboots itself after shutting down.

- and "Reboot" seems to reset itself properly.

I must of used the reboot button from the APP instead of using it's shut down feature. This time instead of using the APP though, I will use The Power Off button on the Task bar..., as I know For Sure, that this works properly!! and that the Partitions will correctly unmount..

I might try changing the LCD density again after, shorting the pads then reflashing.
        Am I the only one with this problem? or is it just me.

Thanks for your help Fin!
        Btw, Love the ROM
        full 1080p and no overclock, Sweet!!
        Last edited by knowdough; 12-29-2012, 23:29.

Comment

Bob,
          I've put the 1.4, not the 1.5 yet, but I've been experiencing audio problems.

Half the time when I turn it on (plug it in) there is no sound. A quarter of the time there will be sound but when doing anything that has audio (youtube, pandora, etc), about once every minute or so the sound will cut out for about 10 seconds and come back. Another quarter of the time it works fine.

Have you heard of this?

Comment

Originally posted by ronron View Post
            Bob,
            I've put the 1.4, not the 1.5 yet, but I've been experiencing audio problems.

Half the time when I turn it on (plug it in) there is no sound. A quarter of the time there will be sound but when doing anything that has audio (youtube, pandora, etc), about once every minute or so the sound will cut out for about 10 seconds and come back. Another quarter of the time it works fine.

Have you heard of this?
            I cannnot help you with this problem. These ROMs have no kernel changes because we do not have sources. So for sure the issues you have are also going to be in the stock ROM. All I can say is most these issues have to do with:

1) Bad power supply. Get a better one for sure!
            2) Crappy HDMI cable.
            3) Older TV that does not support HDMI 1.4 or above.

Best I can tell you....

Bob

Comment

I cannnot help you with this problem. These ROMs have no kernel changes because we do not have sources. So for sure the issues you have are also going to be in the stock ROM. All I can say is most these issues have to do with:

1) Bad power supply. Get a better one for sure!
              2) Crappy HDMI cable.
              3) Older TV that does not support HDMI 1.4 or above.

Best I can tell you....

Bob
              Thanks for your reply.

I'm using hdmi cable and power supply that came with it, and I have an LG TV 42LD550 that I got last year. I'll try different hdmi input and different power supply and report back. (I don't have a female to female hdmi adapter so I can't try another cable. Strange these sticks don't have female hdmi inputs.)

If still a problem, it's likely a hardware issue on the stick, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by ronron View Post

If still a problem, it's likely a hardware issue on the stick, eh?
                This hardware is pretty generic. I doubt it seriously!

But there are so many variables involved that troubleshooting issues can be problematic.

FOR SURE dump the cheap ass China power supply and get a good one! When I mean a good one, like 2 AMP minimum CLEAN power supply! But I myself would go for 3-5 amp for future! Also the cheap China power supplies are not "clean" power and can effect issues with some TV. So when I mean clean, I mean a good filtered 5V PS.

Bob

Comment

FOR SURE dump the cheap ass China power supply and get a good one! When I mean a good one, like 2 AMP minimum CLEAN power supply! But I myself would go for 3-5 amp for future! Also the cheap China power supplies are not "clean" power and can effect issues with some TV. So when I mean clean, I mean a good filtered 5V PS.

Bob
                  Trouble is Bob, how do you know if you are buying a decent 'clean' psu?
                  Can you recommend a good one, please?

Thanks

Comment

Wireless antenna and power supply mods

I was having poor wifi connection issues with alot of drops that made streaming anything very difficult. I decided to try what many people have reported in this forum and other threads and re-routed my wifi antenna out of the case. I simply cut a small notch in the back plastic cover and reassembled the unit. My wifi improved dramatically from 13 Mbps to 81 Mbps with a lot fewer but still some random drops.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03325.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	429516Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03326.jpg
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	429517Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03324.JPG
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	429518

After seeing Bob’s comments on the power supply issues I noticed that some of the spare D-link router power supplies I had lying around were rated for 5V at 2500mA. I spliced in a micro USB cable and found that my wifi speed further increased to 108 Mbps and the drops are all but gone. I was rather surprised as typical logic circuits are rated with some variability for 4.75 to 5.25V. In testing out the power supplies I noticed under load that the cheap included power supply fluctuated far more than the D-link supply so perhaps there is sensitivity after all. I might have to hook up the supplies to my o-scope at work and see if there is any appreciable ripple on the included supply and compare it to my new D-link supply.

Comment

Thanks ceraboy, that's very interesting.

I did the same with my wifi antenna and improved mine dramatically as well. My wire comes out next to the USB port. There is just enough room.

Could you give us some details of which wires you spliced to in the micro-USB cable, please? I'm not having any trouble with the supplied psu really, but it would be good to get more wifi stability.

Cheers

Comment

Hi we have a problem with flash....the guide is not ok with us. When Fineless rom flash tools try to flash we get this error message: "msc device can't do upgrade"

And our imito mx2 is recognized by tool.

thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberspaceguy View Post
                          Hi we have a problem with flash....the guide is not ok with us. When Fineless rom flash tools try to flash we get this error message: "msc device can't do upgrade"

And our imito mx2 is recognized by tool.

thanks in advance.
                          I explain this in the instructions.
                          Go into Android settings > storage
                          At the top right is 3 dots click it and click on USB Settings
                          Change it from MSC device to Mass storage.

Bob

Comment

I explain this in the instructions.
                            Go into Android settings > storage
                            At the top right is 3 dots click it and click on USB Settings
                            Change it from MSC device to Mass storage.

Bob
                            Bob thank you for reply but we did it... we set option on Mass Storage (use mass storage to share files).....other?

Comment

Originally posted by Xizor View Post
                              Thanks ceraboy, that's very interesting.

I did the same with my wifi antenna and improved mine dramatically as well. My wire comes out next to the USB port. There is just enough room.

Could you give us some details of which wires you spliced to in the micro-USB cable, please? I'm not having any trouble with the supplied psu really, but it would be good to get more wifi stability.

Cheers
                              Any decent USB cable should have properly color coded wires although I would not necessarily count on this and testing with a volt meter is the best approach. The Red/Black are +5V/ground and the White/Green are your data connections. I just snipped the white/green and then soldered the Red/black the the D-link cable where the ribbed wire on the D-link supply was positive (red). I did not test the polarity (I trusted the color coding) before I soldered the leads, but I tested it on an old cell phone before plugging into my iMito.

Comment

the only way we can flash is with update.img on root folder and reboot, can you do a update.img file for us to install your rom?? thanks dude!

Comment

Working...
                                X