• Time
  • Show
Clear All

iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Hello again folks!
    I am back with a new ROM for the iMito MX1. FInless 1.5

Special Notes

1080P LCD resolution:
    In the Imito stock 1080P ROM Imito edited build.prop and changes LCD Density to 240.
    This is so the icons and fonts are not so small on 1080.
    I have edited this BACK to 160. Why?
    1) Many apps may not work at 240 density!
    2) If you flash the 720 kernel things will be all messed up at 240 density! It must be 160 for 720P.
    If you want the larger icons and text AND your using the 1080 kernel you can easily edit this back to 240.
    Since you are rooted you can edit /system/build.prop and change this.
    I have commented all my tweaks in build.prop file so you can easily find these.
    I commented out the 240 line and added a 160 line
    ro.sf.lcd_density=160
    #ro.sf.lcd_density=240
    To change it, go get ES File Explorer from Google Play.
    Make sure to enable root explorer in ES File manager settings first!
    Go into the system folder and open the build.prop file using ES file editor.
    Remove the # in front of the 240 line and add a # in fron of the 160 line.
    save the file
    reboot.
    You will now have 240 LCD density.

USB OTG port boot up:
    Anytime the MX1 is booted AND the OTG port is plugged into a PC, it will boot with USB storage turned on!
    What this means is on boot up you will not be able to see the internal SDcard or the External SDcard from within Android.
    On your PC you see the removable drives because on boot they are mounted to the PC not Android.
    Now you can this OFF once booted. Go into settings and USB. You will see PC connection is grayed out.
    1) Click it and it will then put the check box in "conneted". Odd it is OFF by defualt even though it is really connected to the PC.
    2) Now turn it off and it will unmount the SDcards from your PC and you can now see them in Android.
    HOWEVER... Realize next reboot, it will be on again.
    In my opinion this should not work this way but at least you can turn it off once booted.
    The other work around is to always hook up the USB cable to the back micro USB port not the OTG port.
    The back port ONLY powers the unit. There is no data connection on this port for PC.
    This solves that issue. But remember the back port will NEVER connect to a PC or allow ROM flashes.
    Only the OTG port allows that.

This ROM has several options for you to choose from so please read carefully how to change these flash options.

1) I have provided the 1080P 12/12 kernel called kernel1080 This is set in the flash tool as default.
    2) I have provided the 11/29 720P kernel called kernel720. If you want 720 insterad of 1080 you will need to choose this.
    3) Depending on which kernel you choose I also am providing boot720 and boot1080. They are basically the same
    except the boot screen is made for 720 or 1080. If you shoose the wrong boot with kernel, it will still work
    but the initial boot screen will be messed up. boot1080 is set as default in the flash tool.
    4) I have provided 4 parameter files. These will increase APP sapce and decrease internal sdcard space.
    1GB APP space (this is Stock Imito).
    2GB APP space. This is set as the default in the flash tool. YOu must change it in the flash tool to use the others.
    4GB APP space.
    6GB APP space! This is the max! This leave only 400MB of space for the internal SDcard.

Features in 1.5 ROM:

1) True 1080P using the Imito 12/12 kernel. You also have a choise to use 720 if you like.
    2) Fully rooted with the latest SU and SUperUser.apk
    3) FULL Goole Play store! This enables full market! For instance, onlive APP should now show in Google Play!
    4) All GAPPs updated to latest. This includes the latest Play Store and GMS Core.
    5) Cleaned up the file system so it is not fragmented! Basicly I used linux tune2fs when making the images.
    6) I added a reboot APP that will allow you to reboot the device from the Android UI. No more unplugging the unit!

7) Full init.d support has been added! If you do not know what that is... ignore it.
    Basically it allows you to install scripts that run at boot time.
    If your interested, google search V6SuperCharger for a neat speed booster script.

8) I added the Xbox Xpad.ko module to support Xbox controllers XML file tweaks to support other game controllers
    9) I added Tun.ko module
    10) CIFs and MD4 is already in this kernel.
    11) I added SPanish keyboard KCM and KL file by request.

In the ROM kit there is a read me! This has full instructions for how to upgrade. So PLEASE read the read me!

Go Here to download the ROM from the FreakTab ROM download area.

LINK -> iMito MX1/2 Finless 1.5 ROM Download area

Enjoy,
    Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Love you for the rom and the time you spend to make it. But hate you for making 1.5 2 days after I flashed 1.4.

Seriously.. Big thanks for your work.

Comment

Re: NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

thank you so much!

Comment

Thank you so much! I will flash this tomorrow! I've been running the stock rom for the past 2 weeks in anticipation of this release

Comment

Work well so far.. The sound seems better... or at least fuller with more base then the 1.4

Side note on my ug007 I flash via the power port.

Is this kernel over clockable?

Thanks for the hardwork

Comment

Thank you Bob!

Can touch screen device support be added to the ROM? If that's a matter of adding a file and and a config, I'd try it

Comment

Thanks very much Bob.

Just in time for Christmas when I get my MX1!

Hope you have a good one and a happy new year.

Comment

Thank you very much bob,

I have justed flashed the 1.4 rom and suddenly found that you have posted a new 1.5 rom. I will install immediately and use it

BTW, I found that I cannot turn on wifi but it works for bluetooth, is there any way I can recover my wifi device ?

Comment

awesome update thanks!

will be installing this tomorrow

Comment

if i change the kernel , can i install on the MK808?

Comment

I installed 1.5, nearly everything is fine. My old Problem is still there. I want to Skype! Skype starts, I can make a call - camera (c170) starts. The Picture of the camera is big, the one of the caller is small. I doubleclick the small Picture and Skype crashes. After that, camera seems to be used because I can't start another call. Trying to start Camera ICS results in a crash of this app. I have to restart my mx1, then I can use the camera again. Someone her to tell me, how I can Change this?

Comment

Originally posted by firestarter2 View Post
                        Work well so far.. The sound seems better... or at least fuller with more base then the 1.4

Side note on my ug007 I flash via the power port.

Is this kernel over clockable?

Thanks for the hardwork
                        do you flash it without open the UG007- Please told me why !

Comment

hi all,

thanks for the firmware finless! unfortunately bricked my mx1 trying to flash it :'( (stuck at boot logo, detected as "adb interface" when plugged on PC.

any idea how to unbrick it? I found some tutorials, saying there is a reset hole next to hdmi side, but there is nothing behind (opened the mx1 and confirmate it).

it seems on UG802 you need to short two pads, anyone know which ones?

hope to get some feedbacks, I need to offer it for christmas and hope it's not dead !

edit: found the correct pads for shorting (same as UG802) and fixed break. On the same computer, had the same problem again, but used another one and flash went well. Thanks bob!
                          Last edited by bottedumal; 12-23-2012, 14:04.

Comment

Originally posted by bottedumal View Post
                            hi all,

thanks for the firmware finless! unfortunately bricked my mx1 trying to flash it :'( (stuck at boot logo, detected as "adb interface" when plugged on PC.

any idea how to unbrick it? I found some tutorials, saying there is a reset hole next to hdmi side, but there is nothing behind (opened the mx1 and confirmate it).

it seems on UG802 you need to short two pads, anyone know which ones?

hope to get some feedbacks, I need to offer it for christmas and hope it's not dead !
                            Here's the UG802 reset stuff...post #585 gives you some help and the links to the armtvtech post which, if you register and log in, has pictures

I don't know if it's the same as the MX1 but good luck.

Just found this....post #17 answers the question!

Last edited by Sniglar; 12-23-2012, 13:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniglar View Post
                              Here's the UG802 reset stuff...post #585 gives you some help and the links to the armtvtech post which, if you register and log in, has pictures

I don't know if it's the same as the MX1 but good luck.

Just found this....post #17 answers the question!

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...init-d-support
                              Thanks Sniglar ! these are the post I found also, I confirm it works 100%

Comment

Working...
                              X