NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cranfan View Post
    This may be a newbie question.. but I just want to make sure...

If I flash this ROM, with the cable (otg->usb port pc) and the HDMI in the tv .. is that ok..?
    Or should I also connect the device to a power source/outlet?
    For my case, to successfully flash new ROM, it only works if I connect the device to the power outlet using an adapter, and the other USB cable to the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by apache View Post
      For my case, to successfully flash new ROM, it only works if I connect the device to the power outlet using an adapter, and the other USB cable to the computer.
      O.. ok good to know..
      Only I've just bought/ordered a second hand stick, with only the power cable..

Is it just a 'normal' mini usb (otg), or micro or something? (Can't really see from a photo; and some sites say mini, some micro..). I guess it's micro.. but If I order one, I want to make sure
      Last edited by cranfan; 04-02-2013, 17:25.

Comment

RKRemoteControl...

Hi!

Thanks for the ROM!

I had a weird issue though, the shutdown button in the taskbar seems to corrupt my device. I used it only 2 or 3 times and twice it has scrap the OS (UI system failed to start after reboot)... I had to re-flash the ROM.

Since the latest 1.7 (1080 version), the RKRemoteControl app on my cell can no longer find the IMITO Mx2 on my network. Does the server side app is missing from the new ROM? I had an early version of the 1.7 (at the time it was still identified as BETA) and it was working. I don't understand why it is not working anymore!

Anyone can help me or confirm that it works for them?

Other than that, the ROM is awsome! My MX2 is so much better than it was with the original ROM!

Cheers!

Comment

RK remote is there and works fine for me. I have tested it several times.
          Key things
          1) It wont work on Ethernet only wifi unless you do some tricks with it.
          2) Both devices must be on the same network

Now I have never tested it on a 1080 kernel so maybe that is an issue?

As for corruption. Last guy I helped with this problem it was some APP he was installing that makes /system RW and has some file open. Shutdown thus corrupts. Please make sure it does this from a fresh flash. I bet you will find it does not. Also do not use it for SEVERAL minutes after first boot up. The system is setting up files in /data which can take about 4 full minutes. If you reboot before it finishes, it will corrupt /data.

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

RK Remote Control

Thanks for helping! by the way, I have tried to figure out thus corrupts apps but I dind't find anything so then I flashed again and didn't install any app before testing the RK Remote Control and it still doesn't working for me. How can I check if the server is installed and running? I really appreciate your effort and well done work with this rom and wonder if I could get this app running.
            I'm not an expert in android but I'm familiar with.
            Please, If you have any other idea, please let me know.
            Regards.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

For the power button, i believe you! But since everythings has been setup already. I would rather like to leave it like that and try not using the shutdown button! lol

For the RK Remote, that is strange. Both device are on the same network. I used it a lot before the last re-flash of 1.7 (from 1.7 too).

You wrote on the previous page that you will have a new patched version of 1.7 for the 1080 kernel! What is i going to fix?

Thanks again!

Comment

NEW- Measy U2C/B12 Finless ROM 1.7(720P) on Mk809II

With NEW- Measy U2C/B12 Finless ROM 1.7(720P) on my MK809II, without OC or any mods: untutu - 9400 points.
                With 1.7a or 1.7b i was getting something around 7600-7800 points without oc, and with oc 8200 points.
                How much is your score with 1.7a or 1.7b??

Comment

Originally posted by klikzord View Post
                  With NEW- Measy U2C/B12 Finless ROM 1.7(720P) on my MK809II, without OC or any mods: untutu - 9400 points.
                  With 1.7a or 1.7b i was getting something around 7600-7800 points without oc, and with oc 8200 points.
                  How much is your score with 1.7a or 1.7b??
                  On my UG007II, not overclocked I was able to get 8351 once. Not sure how it happened, but I did take a screenshot. But typically it will be between 7400-7600. This was all done on 1.7b.

Comment

So we are at least two that can't get the RK Remote control to work n the 1.7a. I really look forward to get it back on. I'll try whatever I can to help. Is there a specific process responsible for this on the device? I can try to first see if it is running.

Comment

Ok, I flashed the ROM.. (thank you for this), but sometimes I have to reboot (or does this on its own), XBMC freezes and some other apps.. lost of freezing.. :/ etc.. Or XBMC just stops.. when installing or booting..

Can't use it without freezing or rebooting..
                      (or even no signal).

Do you think it could be a power (adapter) issue? Or is it another problem?
                      Last edited by cranfan; 04-06-2013, 10:58.

Comment

No one?
                        Last edited by cranfan; 04-07-2013, 09:28.

Comment

Originally posted by cranfan View Post
                          Ok, I flashed the ROM.. (thank you for this), but sometimes I have to reboot (or does this on its own), XBMC freezes and some other apps.. lost of freezing.. :/ etc.. Or XBMC just stops.. when installing or booting..

Can't use it without freezing or rebooting..
                          (or even no signal).

Do you think it could be a power (adapter) issue? Or is it another problem?
                          Hi iv got the mk809ii with finless 1.5 imito rom (great rom by the way) & i had the freezing & shutting down problem,i brought a good 5v 2 amp power adapter & the problem has not shown up since so i would give that a go
                          Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

how do I get the bar at the bottom back?

it disappears after xbmc and I have no idea how to get it back. What can I do? Currently I reboot

Edit: More info: 1.7a, 1080p, on mk809ii. Is there a launcher app to start?

Edit2: And yes, I know that "Settings" should get it back, but it does not. I have at least 3 different "Settings" apps. None gets the status/task bar back
                            Last edited by ropo; 04-07-2013, 13:01.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                              Hi iv got the mk809ii with finless 1.5 imito rom (great rom by the way) & i had the freezing & shutting down problem,i brought a good 5v 2 amp power adapter & the problem has not shown up since so i would give that a go
                              Yeah.. just went out to buy one.. (second stick, extra cable, extra this extra that..)... didn't seem to help.
                              Lots of money down the drain..

(New flash.. again.. don't know what else to do). How is it possible this works on other Imito MX1 sticks?

Didn't work either.. keeps freezing.

Trying 1.5 (720).. freezing.

Can anyone please help.. really can't buy yet another stick..

If I boot 1.5, the first couple of seconds I seethe 1.7 loader, then 1.5 boots...
                              typing this now on tv..
                              but I erased nand, so why does this happen....??

Ok, erase Nand again, flash 1.7 again.. seems to run ok.. but then.. freezes..

I used windows 8, is that a problem? (driver installed).
                              And I had to use the alternate/switch method..

1080 same problem.

Even flashed with the reset button/to connect to pc..

don't know what I'm doing wrong../what is wrong.

Still the adapter.. don't think it is the problem though..

I will try the Imito firmware.. to see if it makes a difference (I would rather use Finless but ok). Doesn't see the update.img on the sd.. just boots 1.7.. maybe with bootloader..

No one with an idea why this is happening? The freezing..?
                              Last edited by cranfan; 04-07-2013, 18:57.

Comment

Originally posted by ropo View Post
                                it disappears after xbmc and I have no idea how to get it back. What can I do? Currently I reboot

Edit: More info: 1.7a, 1080p, on mk809ii. Is there a launcher app to start?

Edit2: And yes, I know that "Settings" should get it back, but it does not. I have at least 3 different "Settings" apps. None gets the status/task bar back
                                Hi,I was under the impression you could turn off the (auto hide) in the main settings but i can not confirm this as im running the 1.5 rom,i would be lost without being able to use to status bar wile apps & games are running,,i like being in controll of the status bar its easy enough to hide & unhide manually..i hope you figure it out as i want the 1.7 rom on my mk809ii but i need to be able to hide & unhide it myself,,keep looking in the settings its got to be there somewhere well hears hoping lol
                                Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Working...
                                X