Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.7

UPDATE:
    Based on feedback I am calling this beta test over. The ROM links are the same and are considered the launched ROM from me.
    Enjoy,
    Bob

OK folks, with the success of my new 1.6 ROM for the MK808 Series, I have ported this to the Imito MX1 & 2.

So why 2 versions?
    Imito released a new ROM Feb. 2013. It is suppose to make wifi better. I personally do not see it.
    The new 720P kernel will work with wifi system drivers and boot.img from previous ROMs. But not the other way around! e.g. the new wifi system drivers and boot.img will not work with previous kernels. Thus unless I do 2 versions you will not have 1080P in this ROM.

My 1.7a uses wifi/BT drivers and boot.img declarations from the previous Imito ROM. For 720P it uses the new Feb 4th kernel. For 1080P it uses the Imito kernel from Dec. 2012.

My 1.7b is pure for wifi fix from Imito. It uses the latest Feb 2013 wifi system drivers / boot.img declarations and the new 720P kernel. However as I said, in 1.7b there is no 1080P kernel supplied because wifi will not work with these new drivers and old kernels. Why Imito only released a 720 kernel for this new release is beyond me!

Thus 2 releases. You guys can choose which is best. It might solve wifi issues for some people.
    PERSONALLY duing a crap load of testing, I find the "mix" I made to be better! Wifi analyser shows a better siganl with 1.7a then 1.7b. But again, if you must have true 1080P kernel, then your stuck with 1.7a. My choice is 1.7a for my MX1.

OK enough of all that, on with whats in the new ROM.

Features and release notes for my 1.7 ROM:

This is an enterly new system. This is not much from the original Imito MX ROM in this as fas as system goes.
    Many features from my 1.5 ROM are of course in this along with new features.

1) New "auto hide" status bar! To enable this go into settings>Display and turn it on.
    Now anytime you run an APP it will automatically hide the status bar. Please note, some badly written APPs
    can leave you in a stuck condition that you cannot exit the APP. You will need you keyoard exit key.

2) While you in settings>display there is another feature to force the settings menu icon in the status bar.
    It is 3 dots vertically. NOw anytime you in a APP that has a settings capability, if you click that you get settings!

3) Lock screen is back friends! Now is settings>security you can
    a) Disable the lock screen completely (default is slide)
    b) Setup a pattern for lock screen
    c) Setup a PIN for lock screen
    d) Setup a password for lock screen

4) Sleep is back like a tablet!!!! Go into settings>display and you can turn on sleep!
    Now understand how this works
    a) If there is no wifi or ehternet connection the Imito MX when it goes to sleep will power off.
    b) If there is a connection, it will simple go into low power mode and turn the display off. Moving the mouse turns it back on again

5) I enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu. Tested and working with all APPs that use it.
    remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS.

6) New "grid" style launcher available as a choice of launcehrs.
    Some people still want the Alternate launcher that comes with many TV sticks for EZ TV use.
    I took this from the Neo X5 ROM as I liked it better than previous versions. This of course comes with the RK settings as well.
    If you want to remove this just use ES File explorer and delete these files from /system/app
    LauncherNEW.apk
    AllApp.apk
    RKSettings.apk
    RKBasicsettings.apk
    Now just reboot and all this will be gone.

7) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
    Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
    Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.

8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
    I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
    Your device will show up in google play as NOT a Imito MX device! Understand this please.
    I also left the original buiild.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
    If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
    Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
    Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
    Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a Imito.

9) Rockchip just released a updated libstagefright.so to try and fix HW decoding issues in XBMC.
    Ihadd added this ot the ROM but have not fully tested it yet.
    See info here regarding this new library.

10) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

11) RK Mirrioring is enabled. I have yet to figure it out or how to use it but if we ever do, its there.
    I think we need a client on our tablets to use it. Hopefully more info will come from WiMo about this.

12) Remote Control using RK Remote APP is now fully supported!
    In the ROM kit is a RKRemoteControl.apk.
    You install this on your phone or tablet and now it can remotly control your TV player!
    Just put the APK on sdcard or something and install it on your Android phone, tablet, etc.
    ENJOY this one! I had a HARD TIME getting it to work!

13) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).

14) As always I added the Xbox XPAD.KO module is now injected on boot. This was by request! Enjoy!

15) I added Xbox360 keylayout to fix some games and camera spin with xbox 360 controller. Per this post here:
    Video that demonstrates the setup, show an example of the problem, the steps to solve the problem, and the working solution!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9czISrLGXNI&hd=1 So first lets just talk about the Hardware Setup. Xbox 360...

16) TUN.ko module is also added by request. (CIFS and MD4 are already in the latest kernel).
    Be aware if you use another kernel other than whats in this ROM, you may have to manuall insmod CIFS and MD4. The files are in /system/lib/modules

OK as always for even more details ALWAYS read the README in the ROM kit.
    It explains your flash options for 720, 1080, and amount of APP space you want.

Here is my Finless 1.7a:
    ROM -> Imito MX1&2 Finless 1.7a ROM (250 megs)

Here is my FInless 1.7b:
    ROM -> Imito MX1&2 Finless 1.7b ROM (250 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 03-02-2013, 17:48.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Thanks Bob will test

Comment

I will try and update.

Comment

thanx bob im going to try it on my extra mk802iiis bt 8gig since 1.5 is what im using now
        Minix neo x7 custom quickshot V3.1 kitkat with cpu1700 video stock and oc ram 720 kernal
        HTC Amaze 4g unofficial cyanogen mod 11 KitKat 4.4.4
        ASUS Nexus 7 (original 2012 tegra 3) Cyanogen mod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks bob, you were really quick coming out with this!
          I've been on the new firmware rooted from arctab forum, so I'll run benchmarks and post the results compared to that.
          Starting with 1.7a 720p

Comment

Hey all , running with 1.7a default images
            Wifi is great, but always has been.
            No such luck with ethernet though. not working
            One black screen & one reboot on my "troublesome" MX1 so far.
            Great stuff Bob, despite my MX1's deep-seated personallity problems, this ROM is a level above.
            Last edited by zvoddy23; 02-24-2013, 09:41. Reason: typo

Comment

Nice, I'll test it probably soon.

Did anyone tried to connect a webcam to the stick? I tried a gpsca based webcam but it is either a driver issue or camera application is missing/incompatible and the app I was writing just kept crashing. I didn't investigate further though, short on time and knowledge.

If possible, I'd like to help resolve it before the final release.

Comment

Re: NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.7 - BETA

Thanks Bob! :thumbup:

Enviado mediante tirachinas de larga distancia
                There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Thanks! Keep up the good work.

Comment

Thanks Finless.
                    Is it possible to backup settings and apps to Google account instead of "debug-only private cache" like now?
                    Thx

Comment

I just loaded 1.7a 1080 still has stall in movie player when watching HD movie mkv etc randomly it will stall then startup on its own same as 1.5 BTW I'm on mk802iiisbt8gig this problem was not on the factory firmware but factory firmware rebooted randomly!!

Thanx again bob I will try 720 version of kernel tonight and will report back then I will try 1.7b after that
                      Minix neo x7 custom quickshot V3.1 kitkat with cpu1700 video stock and oc ram 720 kernal

Comment

Didn't work for me :-(

Ok After reading another post I again flashed with 1.7a and after first restart everything worked fine. I couldn't fine any problem since.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Hi Bob,
                        Thanks for the release. I tried 1.7a with my MX1, first time I tried with 1080 kernel and boot options installtion worked fine but I couldnt connect to my WiFi. Second time I tried it with 720 kernel and boot(default). I primarily use this device for dailymotion netflix and youtube. I never had buffering problem with 720p videos on dailymotion and youtube but with new ROM it stucked(almost for 2 mins) 3 times in a 45 min video. For the time being I am back to v1.5.

Bhelpuri
                        Last edited by bhelpuri; 02-26-2013, 16:55. Reason: it is working fine

Comment

1.7a 720p new kernal fixed the stall and start movie issue i was having with 1.5 and 1.7a 1080p again im using mk802iiisbt8gig stick (i can live with 720 upscaled to 1080 vs using 1080 and movies un watchable!)

thanx again to Finless Bob your the best firmware cook!

Comment

So far, so good with 1.7a. As Bob noted in the readme with the ROM, WIFI may not enable properly on the first boot with a new kernel. Reboot fixed that for me, and the ROM has been stable and working well for me. The bottom bar doesn't show a hide button on the home screen. Maybe I missed that in Bob's note.

This is my first experience with 1080p on my MX2. It tests somewhat slower than 720p but it runs 1080p videos as well as 720p. Very high bit rate 1080p will stutter from my USB flash drive or over the network but run perfectly from a micro SD card whether the kernel is 720p or 1080p. That's been true for me with all previous ROMs.

Comment

I noticed that the build.prop used in this ROM doesn't let me get the better suited for TV tablet version of a few apps and forces me to get the phone version from the Play store. Reset the build.prop and I could download the tablet version.

Otherwise I installed 1.7b and it works great. I was having wifi problems where it would drop out consistantly and that has basically stopped with 1.7b. Thanks!
                              Last edited by xiaocon; 02-26-2013, 05:42.

Comment

Working...
                              X