MK809ii - Rom, Customizing, Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK809ii - Rom, Customizing, Apps

First of all, sorry for my bad english ;-) The links you could only see, if you're logged in.

My new MK809ii runs very bad. After searching the web, I found all things in this forum that makes me happy.
    With Stock-Rom the Stick runs bad. Now I'm lucky with:
    1. Finless Rom 1.5 (1.6 and 1.7 are for other Sticks; if you install them you can't use wifi and bluetooth)
      If you want to install it, push a needle in the very little hole at the side and find the button (very tricky, feel the klick) and install it like described in the readme.txt that is included in the rom-download.
    2. Change the dpi-density. Many tools doesn't work. I used the Rom Toolbox Pro and changed the dpi to the value 240.
    3. To use the Stick I bought this keyboard from Amazon (25€). Many keys i could programm with the "External Keyboard Helper"-app. If you want you can programm apps to keys; for example "function+F"=freaktab.com or "control+r" for a radio-app and many more
    4. This 32GB SD-Card works fine and fast
    5. I use a powered USB3.0-Hub and connected 3 HDD-Drives and the keyboard/mouse-combination and it works fine
    6. I found many bugs in the launcher-app that comes with finless. I'm using the ADW-Launcher Ex and it works great for me!
    Many thanks to Finless for that great Rom !!!

I put this Thread here, because the MK809ii seems to be a clone of the imito MX.

In my opinion an airmouse seems to be cool, but it's not funny to use it with the stick. Such keyboards with mini-pads are too small for use with Full-HD-Android.
    Last edited by Marph; 03-07-2013, 08:26.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MK809ii - Samsung Galaxy II - Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Germany, Berlin

Hi Marph, I've just got a MK809 myself with Finless 1.5 rooted. Did you have a problem with using multiple usb devices?
    I have a wireless mouse/keyboard plugged into the main usb connection and a gamepad plugged into the small usb connection on the side. My problem is that the device freezes when this happens and neither the gamepad or the mouse works.
    Do you know if there is a solution to this? I have a (non-powered) usb hub but that doesn't work. If I purchased a powered usb hub will this solve my problem?

I really hope you can help with this because I'd love to use this for console emulators!

Comment

My opinion is get a powered USB hub and plug everything into that. Using both ports can be problematic as OTG port is for flashing or mounting USB drive to PC.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hi Bob, thanks for your response. Is there any recommended usb hub for these devices or would a standard powered one from **** do the trick?

Comment

I bought this CHEAP for under $10. It works powered or unpowered.

My PC can supply good USB power so while making ROMs hooked to my PC for flashing and testing I run it unpowered with all ports used. When hooked to my TV, I use the power supply. Works great for me!

Bob

Comment

Excellent! not in the States so can't get anything from walmart but got myself a cheap one on **** so hopefully that does the job.

Thanks again for your help, I appreciate it

Comment

I connected a powered USB3.0-Hub and have no problems. The link you see in my first posting.

Originally posted by baddler View Post
              Hi Marph, I've just got a MK809 myself with Finless 1.5 rooted. Did you have a problem with using multiple usb devices?
              I have a wireless mouse/keyboard plugged into the main usb connection and a gamepad plugged into the small usb connection on the side. My problem is that the device freezes when this happens and neither the gamepad or the mouse works.
              Do you know if there is a solution to this? I have a (non-powered) usb hub but that doesn't work. If I purchased a powered usb hub will this solve my problem?

I really hope you can help with this because I'd love to use this for console emulators!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Germany, Berlin

Comment

After using finless for about one hour it comes very slow

I have some trouble if I use the finless rom over one hour. The stick is then very slow. After each click I must wait 20 seconds.
                If I kill all tasks, then the stick works fine. In the finless-rom there is perhaps a wrong parameter to clean the ram.

Does anybody have a tip what I should change?
                Germany, Berlin

Comment

I have the same problem but i have the mk809ii..Hi all looking for some advice,,Iv got the mk809ii with finless 1.5 rom & iv just recived & a 7 port powered usb hub (£5.99 off the well known auction site)got the hub plugged into the large usb port on the stick, mouse & xbox controller plugged in the hub all works fine untill i power the hub after 1 min of the hub being powered the xbox controller turns off my mouse pointer vanishes & mouse stopps working..when i remove the power surply to the hub & it all works fine till i power the hub again..

what is going on there any ideas ??
                  Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                    I have the same problem but i have the mk809ii..Hi all looking for some advice,,Iv got the mk809ii with finless 1.5 rom & iv just recived & a 7 port powered usb hub (£5.99 off the well known auction site)got the hub plugged into the large usb port on the stick, mouse & xbox controller plugged in the hub all works fine untill i power the hub after 1 min of the hub being powered the xbox controller turns off my mouse pointer vanishes & mouse stopps working..when i remove the power surply to the hub & it all works fine till i power the hub again..

what is going on there any ideas ??
                    So it's possible the IO control for the 809 is different than MX. Does this issue happen on the stock ROM for the 809? If not, then a real ROM made for this device might be needed instead of using the MX ROMs.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                      So it's possible the IO control for the 809 is different than MX. Does this issue happen on the stock ROM for the 809? If not, then a real ROM made for this device might be needed instead of using the MX ROMs.

Bob
                      Hi Bob,,first of all thanks for all your great work on the rom's your time & work is very much appreciated.i don't no if the problem with the hub power surply is there with the mk809ii stock rom as i soon ditched that for your rom because i wanted to be able to use the xbox controller,i was only on the stock rom for a week (your rom is much better)& i only got the hub yesterday.i just tried another power surply to the hub in case the original was faulty & that crashes the stick alltogether after 1 min. so for now im just going to use the hub unpowered.

Comment

Just to say that I purchased this powered hub in Maplins and everything is going smoothly. Thanks for the help guys

http://www.maplin.co.uk/cerulian-7-port-usb-2.0-triangular-desktop-hub-513864

Comment

Just to say that I purchased this powered hub in Maplins and everything is going smoothly. Thanks for the help guys

http://www.maplin.co.uk/cerulian-7-port-usb-2.0-triangular-desktop-hub-513864
                          Hi there,,Are you using the hub with the mk809ii also what rom are you running.Im still having hassel with my hub. today it will only work powered,if i try & use it unpowered it stops working & yesterday it was the other way round would only work unpowered.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                            Hi there,,Are you using the hub with the mk809ii also what rom are you running.Im still having hassel with my hub. today it will only work powered,if i try & use it unpowered it stops working & yesterday it was the other way round would only work unpowered.

Hi, yep I'm using the powered hub with Finless 1.5 rom. I've tried using a non-powered usb hub and it doesn't work at all. It looks like its only possible to use a usb hub with the MK809 when it's powered.
                            I thought about buying one on **** but figured Maplins would know their stuff so went with them. If you're in the uk i'd recommend popping into one of their stores and asking them about it.

Otherwise I can't really help you unfortunately as i'm a bit of a noob at all this

Comment

Finless 1.8 witn MK809II

Yeah, after assembling at least half a dozen images for registration I finally can post my question:

Has anyone tried Finless 1.8 with the MK809II?

Thanks
                              Ropo

Comment

Working...
                              X