Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MX2 Disassembly HOW-TO? SD card stuck in slot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MX2 Disassembly HOW-TO? SD card stuck in slot.

Hello,
    I got my sd card stuck in the slot and want to take the cover off to get it out. But, i cant figure out how. I see a small hole, but not sure if that is for opening the case.

Thanks

Is this the plastic case or the metal case?

For the metal case the back cover pops off with lock tabs. Just pry it away. The the board will slide out the front (HDMI connector end). However, you will have a problem if your SDcard is stuck as it stick out of the case so you wont be able to get the board out!

For the plastic case I do not know. I hope it splits into 2 halves like most other plastic cases.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

It is the plastic case.

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      Is this the plastic case or the metal case?

For the metal case the back cover pops off with lock tabs. Just pry it away. The the board will slide out the front (HDMI connector end). However, you will have a problem if your SDcard is stuck as it stick out of the case so you wont be able to get the board out!

For the plastic case I do not know. I hope it splits into 2 halves like most other plastic cases.

Bob

Comment

I looked at pictures of the MX2 plastic case and I see a seam showing 2 case halves. Your in luck. Most these units just snap together.

Try this:
        1) I think the black strip around the rear of the device holds the halves together. Try to pry that away using a thin screw driver. Start at the end of the black strip at the rounded corner. Is should just snap off.
        2) Once that black stip is off, again be careful and use a screw driver at the HDMI port to start to pry up on one case halves. It should just start to snap apart. BE CAREFUL of the wifi antenna. It will probably be tapped to one case half.

Good luck,
        Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

imito mx2 dismantled

The blackish strip on the usb side (which is actually partly tranparent) stays on the half casing with 'imito' on it. The other half with airy holescan be gently peeled of at the black strip and is further held by some plasitc hooks on the other half casing so just prank gently with a small screwdriver.
          The wifi antenna is glued (?) inside the holed half case and attached to the 'motherboard' with a 8 cm coaxial cable so take care not to wreck this connection.
          I opened mine because the wifi receiption is crap.
          I think I just measured that the antenna ground and signal are shortened so I will try and desolder the antenna ground or both and redo the connection the right way.

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          I looked at pictures of the MX2 plastic case and I see a seam showing 2 case halves. Your in luck. Most these units just snap together.

Try this:
          1) I think the black strip around the rear of the device holds the halves together. Try to pry that away using a thin screw driver. Start at the end of the black strip at the rounded corner. Is should just snap off.
          2) Once that black stip is off, again be careful and use a screw driver at the HDMI port to start to pry up on one case halves. It should just start to snap apart. BE CAREFUL of the wifi antenna. It will probably be tapped to one case half.

Good luck,
          Bob

Comment

HOW TO DO

HI,Friend

You could buy a screwdriver. Could help to take apart the plastic case.

Very easy, don't do any damage the product.

But i think your MX2 is not good, Where you buy from? If good product, won't happen like this.

Hope could do help for you.

Comment

Working...
            X