Using OTG Port As Power Port?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using OTG Port As Power Port?

Arghhhh, my mini usb power port isn't working and I can only use the OTG port to power my unit. I've noticed that since doing this I am getting HDMI blackouts occasionally when the CPU is stressed. I never had this when using the power port. Are the blackouts being caused by the OTG port? I either buy a new unit or wait until the new quad core sticks are released next month.

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
    Arghhhh, my mini usb power port isn't working and I can only use the OTG port to power my unit. I've noticed that since doing this I am getting HDMI blackouts occasionally when the CPU is stressed. I never had this when using the power port. Are the blackouts being caused by the OTG port? I either buy a new unit or wait until the new quad core sticks are released next month.
    Hmmmm, managed to get power port working and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Comment

I have a friend that has a MX1 as well that the power port is damaged. So does anyone know like OP if using the OTG port to power unit is bad or will damage the unit?

Thanks

Comment

Both ports +5 and ground are tied to the same place on the board. So there should be no issues powering it from the OTG. In fact 99% of the time when making ROMs and testing I use that port.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          Both ports +5 and ground are tied to the same place on the board. So there should be no issues powering it from the OTG. In fact 99% of the time when making ROMs and testing I use that port.

Bob
          Was wondering that myself,thanks for the thumbs up....

Comment

Working...
          X