Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allot more space to app/game installation partition - MX2

MX2 default ROM

am a new mini pc user & this is my 1st post here.... hello everyone!

thing is, though the MX2 has 8GB inbuilt, only 1GB is alloted for installing app/game.... how pathetic..... rest 5.5GB for data storage.... wat the hell..... i can stick in a SD or pendrive to store data

so i would like to know, if theres any method to make install partition 4GB or somthing & leave the rest for data storage.... a re-partition, no change to structure

or i have to again buy a SD & use link2sd.... in tat case inbuilt 8GB wud be waste.... wonder why IMITO didnt think of it..... i see tat the MUNIX G4 has though of it & provided 4GB for installation

I found tat "geekbuying" has direct contact with IMITO.... so pls tell them

as of now, is there any solution other than link2sd ??? (rooting is fine but as a new user, i wanna stay on default ROM for the time being, till i get the hang of things)

---------

also does any1 kno how to indentify actual/clone MX2 ??? like board color or BT/wifi chip numbers

Originally posted by sadhu_s60 View Post
    MX2 default ROM

am a new mini pc user & this is my 1st post here.... hello everyone!

thing is, though the MX2 has 8GB inbuilt, only 1GB is alloted for installing app/game.... how pathetic..... rest 5.5GB for data storage.... wat the hell..... i can stick in a SD or pendrive to store data

so i would like to know, if theres any method to make install partition 4GB or somthing & leave the rest for data storage.... a re-partition, no change to structure

or i have to again buy a SD & use link2sd.... in tat case inbuilt 8GB wud be waste.... wonder why IMITO didnt think of it..... i see tat the MUNIX G4 has though of it & provided 4GB for installation

I found tat "geekbuying" has direct contact with IMITO.... so pls tell them

as of now, is there any solution other than link2sd ??? (rooting is fine but as a new user, i wanna stay on default ROM for the time being, till i get the hang of things)

---------

also does any1 kno how to indentify actual/clone MX2 ??? like board color or BT/wifi chip numbers
    You need to flash new ROM. There are several (4) options when flashing this rom:

1. 1GB APP space (this is Stock Imito).
    2. 2GB APP space. This is set as the default in the flash tool. YOu must change it in the flash tool to use the others.
    3. 4GB APP space.
    4. 6GB APP space! This is the max! This leave only 400MB of space for the internal SDcard.

Give it a try. Flash Instructions are in zip file.

Hope that helps.

Comment

tnx for yr reply bro

so i downloaded 1.7a & 1.7b & read the attached readme... very promising...

1. can i change partition without installing finless rom? how can i do tat to stock rom?

2. once i install finless rom, how do i reinstall stock rom again?

Comment

You can also go to Settings>Apps>Downloaded click an app and then 'Move to SD Card' to move to the internal 'SD Card' partition.. Some apps dont support this, but most do..

Comment

Originally posted by Midniteoyl View Post
          You can also go to Settings>Apps>Downloaded click an app and then 'Move to SD Card' to move to the internal 'SD Card' partition.. Some apps dont support this, but most do..

that feature (app2sd) is not supported by droid v4 & above ......

Comment

Originally posted by sadhu_s60 View Post
            that feature (app2sd) is not supported by droid v4 & above ......
            Works in 4.1.1.1 on my device...

Comment

wow bro, gr8 info... i was so sure tat i didnt check... thanks bro!

btw, is there no way to repartition the stock rom to make /data partition 4GB or watever?

Comment

As far as I know, no.. you need to reflash. I am waiting on a 5.1 audio rom before I upgrade..

Comment

Yes I see the option to move almost everything to the internal 5.5gb space. Tnx bro! Much Appreciated

Comment

My setup is 6gb of the internal 8 is used for app install. I then have a 720Gb hard drive setup VIA a USB hub as my SDCARD. It works very well and give you tons of space for those big arse games.

Right now I have 15 games installed that are all 500Gb and larger installs and still only use 750mb of my internal app install because the apps install all their "extra" game data to the SDCARD(hard drive).

best setup ever!

Comment

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1991583

Swap internal and external SDCards

Comment

swap

That looks to be a great option, M !

Are you running that setup?

On?

Comment

You can't really use a cold file from any android as some have the sdcard and internal memory in desperate locals. Also that ont work for a USB hard drive as it resides in a separate div folder.

I can outline my setup next week after I get home if you guys want.

Comment

next week

Tnx RD,
                            That sounds great.
                            I ask a lot of newbie questions and it would probably save quite a few!
                            rc

Comment

Originally posted by rustycase View Post
                              That looks to be a great option, M !

Are you running that setup?

On?
                              Not yet..

Comment

Working...
                              X